Chelsea

Kevin Levrone 4 weeks out 20 year comparison

58 posts in this topic

So this came off Kevin's Instagram, really interesting picture though, taken 20 years apart and clearly he is looking awesome! I still dont think he will push the likes of Phil, Dexter or Rhoden but i cant wait to see what happens:

Snap 2016-08-23 at 08.26.02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chelsea said:

So this came off Kevin's Instagram, really interesting picture though, taken 20 years apart and clearly he is looking awesome! I still dont think he will push the likes of Phil, Dexter or Rhoden but i cant wait to see what happens:

Snap 2016-08-23 at 08.26.02.jpg

I agree with you, it blood impressive, even if he places top 6 he will be smashing it and gives me hope as a 40 plus bodybuilder !! lol

Chelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has done a very impressive job and I think he should get a lifetime achievement award or something, but for me he wont place top 6 unless someone comes in off and hes bang on.

Still think he looks fantastic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think he will push the top 4 or 5. But its a matter of just waiting to see what he comes in like that is where the excitement is in my opinion.

Terrific the changes hes made in such a period of time,

Can't see him matching anywhere near his biggest which was 1999.

 

levrone 1999.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

if he doesn't place higher than branch shitty warren I will jump off a cliff

lol branch aint even competing. good job he aint, he'd get destroyed in this years stacked line up

arcticfox likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So this came off Kevin's Instagram, really interesting picture though, taken 20 years apart and clearly he is looking awesome! I still dont think he will push the likes of Phil, Dexter or Rhoden but i cant wait to see what happens:

Snap 2016-08-23 at 08.26.02.jpg

if he had 10 more weeks he definetely make alot of big boys cry even that eyepopin c**t phill.. !! if he doesnt make them now....

Lance1983 and Chelsea like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sadman said:

if he had 10 more weeks he definetely make alot of big boys cry even that eyepopin c**t phill.. !! if he doesnt make them now....

Haha! You think? Will be so interesting to see what he looks like! Just always wished that he trained a whole year for the Olympia when he originally competed, even then I'm not sure he could have beaten Dorian. Phil on the other hand has been going downhill but I just feel he looks too good even at 90%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chelsea said:

Haha! You think? Will be so interesting to see what he looks like! Just always wished that he trained a whole year for the Olympia when he originally competed, even then I'm not sure he could have beaten Dorian. Phil on the other hand has been going downhill but I just feel he looks too good even at 90%

thats my point mate kevin even in his prime he always trained last 4 months for a comp so that makes me wonder what if he trained all year what he would look like!! as for dorian i cant argue with that he was awesome and a true mass monster:) phil on the other hand hes a cocky arogant c**t wich imo he doesnt train half as hard as the above mentioned ,and its the damn politics of the olympia they like to push  phil at the time alot ,your are compiting mate sho you now better!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would quite like 10% of Kevin's genetics and drug response. The motha fucka DOES NOT age. 

I think Top 6 is definitely achievable with his vast experience. 

Only discovered the other day that in 1993 he tore his pectoralis major and minor while bench pressing 270kg. And he still has a decent chest!

Agreed about Phil Heath - his disrespect of Arnold recently was terrible and I hope the Powers That Be bite him in his striated ass. The IFBB typically likes continuity and multiple Olympia winners though; once a competitor wins an Olympia, it's twice as hard to de-throne them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly not selling a top-3 placing eh.

I think if the stars align, he comes in 90% of his absolute best ever and a few top 10 guys are 'off' then he could grab 6th or 5th

Did you see back in April/May he was in Iran and Kuwait for a few weeks... Stocking up on IGF-1 and HGH?

Chelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with @Chelsea

Usually in photos people look better than they do on stage.

But I was unimpressed size wise with Levrone because lets face it size is going to play a factor in this day and age.

Seems way off size wise in my opinion but we shall see.

Magsimus and Chelsea like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A4RON said:

It's certainly not selling a top-3 placing eh.

I think if the stars align, he comes in 90% of his absolute best ever and a few top 10 guys are 'off' then he could grab 6th or 5th

Did you see back in April/May he was in Iran and Kuwait for a few weeks... Stocking up on IGF-1 and HGH?

Agree mate. Its such a competitive lineup this year i just cant see him even getting close based on that pic, looks like a picture of a decent amateurs back.

Hahahaha really? How do you know?

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

Have to agree with @Chelsea

Usually in photos people look better than they do on stage.

But I was unimpressed size wise with Levrone because lets face it size is going to play a factor in this day and age.

Seems way off size wise in my opinion but we shall see.

Exactly mate, especially when you look at videos of how Phil is looking, he looks huge and Levrone looks miles off, which is to be expected, but the people thinking he will crack top 3 or even winning it are mental.

Looks awesome for 52 but i reckon something like 8th or 9th is where he is gonna place. Top ten should be his aim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin was posting on his facebook page vids of him strolling around Kuwait and Iran, with the odd training routine thrown in too. It was end of April I think

Took me a while to put two and two together lol

Chelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Levrone's my favourite bodybuilder of all time, but he'll just be out-muscled. Yes, BB is about creating an illusion, but I feel his lines, shape, condition and posing will only get him so far. The game has moved on, everyone has sized up - just look at Dexter this year. And since Levrone announced he was going to compete, this year's show also became a condition contest. In short, everyone's bigger - considerably bigger - and they're most likely going to be peeled with it. Look at the likes of McCarver and Heath now, their paper skin's already popping with veins and they're looking hard this early out. 

Jay was Mr Olympia, 12 years younger than Kevin and had two years off and was unable to come back fully. He was fortunate to take 6th. Which he probably got out of respect for having such an illustrious career and being such a good ambassador for the sport. Levrone's been off for yonks so sadly won't be able to cut it. I really want him to. I'd love to see him crack top 6. However, he'll only get that if a ton of people are really off and if he can carry enough political/nostalgic sway with him. 

 

Chelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now