Sparkey

D3 10000iu feeling of well being?

19 posts in this topic

Just started taking this about a week ago, not sure if its just me but I have a feeling of well being/good moods etc, anyone else get this?

Also is 10000iu a day the max recommended dose?

11 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

It's all in mind. In BTW, D3 is better than D2.

Yeah it is D3 I'm taking not D2 no idea why I put that.....now edited thanks.

On 14/08/2016 at 3:02 PM, Sparkey said:

Just started taking this about a week ago, not sure if its just me but I have a feeling of well being/good moods etc, anyone else get this?

Also is 10000iu a day the max recommended dose?

Bargain here

http://gonutrition.com/super-vitamin-d3?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=14sept2016_eb_email_exclusive_30_dsl&utm_term=Product_2_2columns&goal=0_13720c7379-accb56d8d1-88140169&mc_cid=accb56d8d1&mc_eid=a64b9fc0f4

5000iu is recommended for PCT

If you don't get a lot of sun, vitamin d will increase test slightly which would explain the good moods

2 minutes ago, iSnatchUrSquat said:

10k every day or 2 for years

never had any poblem

The major concern of higher doses relates to long term risk: you can't judge this based on not having had any problem over a couple of years. It's like saying I've been smoking for two years and don't have lung cancer, and inferring they must be safe then.

You're absolutely right that there is debate over whether higher intake may be beneficial though.

4 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

The major concern of higher doses relates to long term risk: you can't judge this based on not having had any problem over a couple of years. It's like saying I've been smoking for two years and don't have lung cancer, and inferring they must be safe then.

You're absolutely right that there is debate over whether higher intake may be beneficial though.

After taking your advice mate instead of 10,000iu ed I now take 10,000iu twice a week

reckon this is better? 

(only have 10,000iu capsules will get 2000 when pots finished)

AleisterCrowley likes this

3 hours ago, TITO said:

After taking your advice mate instead of 10,000iu ed I now take 10,000iu twice a week

reckon this is better? 

(only have 10,000iu capsules will get 2000 when pots finished)

I've just had a bit of a look into D3 again, as it's a while since I had. I'll be honest it does look like there is now less concern about higher levels of intake following a re-evaluation of some past data. The video below quickly runs through this, and discusses sensible intakes. A seperate question of course is what levels may be useful for athletic (gym) performance, but for this we're talking about getting up to similar level as the video discusses (~100 nmol/L). I posted more info. on this subject in the thread I'll link to below. Bottom line though, I think taking a couple of your 10,000 IU capsules per week sounds sensible.

TITO likes this

42 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

I've just had a bit of a look into D3 again, as it's a while since I had. I'll be honest it does look like there is now less concern about higher levels of intake following a re-evaluation of some past data. The video below quickly runs through this, and discusses sensible intakes. A seperate question of course is what levels may be useful for athletic (gym) performance, but for this we're talking about getting up to similar level as the video discusses (~100 nmol/L). I posted more info. on this subject in the thread I'll link to below. Bottom line though, I think taking a couple of your 10,000 IU capsules per week sounds sensible.

Interesting mate, gonna listen to podcast in a bit, will play it safe tho and stick to 2x10,000 per wk for now 

Old n fat likes this

On 15/11/2016 at 2:37 AM, lewdylewd said:

I don't know how much you get from a sun bed but after a sun bed I notice a definite "sense of well being" .

agreed, although i think its a short term Boost in one hit, rather than low amounts spread throughout the day

I take 7500 iu per day, get bloods done every 3 months and my D3 levels are always in the optimally replete range. 

Has been that way for around 2 years. 

Im perscribed D3 from the gp and they are reluctant to even do it . I had lots of bloods from a liver thing I had the other year , bloods showed I was chronically low so was rx a "high dose" of 5000 ou daily , once I was "back in range" they just stopped them , this was bang in the middle of winter and I soon felt s**t again so I literally begged them to start me again, which they did just for the winter I'm on 1600 iu daily ATM.

but I have to say I feel like  s**t compared to how I did on 5,000iu ed.

i was just looking into buying the D3 online and saw it's not badly priced , any way it's lead me to looking it up on here and seeing what you guys are doing . 

I would have no problem taking 5,000+ a day .

23 hours ago, Old n fat said:

Im perscribed D3 from the gp and they are reluctant to even do it . I had lots of bloods from a liver thing I had the other year , bloods showed I was chronically low so was rx a "high dose" of 5000 ou daily , once I was "back in range" they just stopped them , this was bang in the middle of winter and I soon felt s**t again so I literally begged them to start me again, which they did just for the winter I'm on 1600 iu daily ATM.

but I have to say I feel like  s**t compared to how I did on 5,000iu ed.

i was just looking into buying the D3 online and saw it's not badly priced , any way it's lead me to looking it up on here and seeing what you guys are doing . 

I would have no problem taking 5,000+ a day .

you can buy D3 online anywhere, no need to goto the doctors for it :D

its pretty cheap too...

ive got the 5000iu ones from myprotein 

Old n fat likes this

33 minutes ago, b0t13 said:

you can buy D3 online anywhere, no need to goto the doctors for it :D

its pretty cheap too...

ive got the 5000iu ones from myprotein 

Yeah I know this now but, because I was prescribed and they where taking bloods regular I must have assumed I needed there permission to carry on , now Ive got them, read some more and seen they are online cheaper than the cost of script I feel daft .

live and learn eh !

13 minutes ago, Old n fat said:

Yeah I know this now but, because I was prescribed and they where taking bloods regular I must have assumed I needed there permission to carry on , now Ive got them, read some more and seen they are online cheaper than the cost of script I feel daft .

live and learn eh !

yup always do a quick google search to see if you can get stuff online rather than script, the biggest rip off is things like paracetamol, its like 30p a pack lol