X.MIL

Can you drink too many BCAAs?

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, only started taking bcaas recently. 

On training days I drink them throughout my workout. 

On rest days I'll add 2 scoops into a 1.5 litre bottle and drink throughout the day. 

Question I have is: Can I drink bcaas throughout the day (2 scoops in 1.5l) aswel as having it during my workout? 

Reason I ask is: I struggle to drink a lot of water daily so adding it to my 1.5l bottle helps a lot. 

Thanks in advance!! 

BCAAs ruin a perfectly good glass of water in my view pal ;)

I don't think you can drink enough of it to cause anything other than mild gastro distress. But I also think BCAAs are a waste of time full stop unless you have extenuating circumstances.

Ultrasonic likes this

2 minutes ago, arbffgadm100 said:

BCAAs ruin a perfectly good glass of water in my view pal ;)

I don't think you can drink enough of it to cause anything other than mild gastro distress. But I also think BCAAs are a waste of time full stop unless you have extenuating circumstances.

Fair enough bud... I never used to drink much water before. A glass of squash was the closest I got haha.

Now I'm trying to take my training/diet more seriously I'm sticking to water and bcaas mixed with it. So hopefully after a few weeks it'll get abit easier to drink 2l a day. 

How come you find them a waste of time mate? 

7 minutes ago, ILLBehaviour said:

i made the mistake of drinking too many bcaa's and ended up fvcking massive.

Good input pal :thumb 

22 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

You could, but it would be a complete waste of money. Whey is cheaper if you want to drink extra protein, and tastes better.

That's a good point mate. I normally do that but I've had this tub of bcaas for free so wanted to give it a whirl :thumb

It's basically only expensive protein.

There is also no reason at all to make yourself drink plain water... anything wet counts towards hydration.

Ultrasonic likes this

It's definitely going to be beneficial to your recovery and with intense workout days even more so. The only time it would be too much is maybe if you drank a whole tubs worth of the stuff in one go! I would say keep doing as you are and adding it to the water as it will prompt you to drink more and in turn keep hydration levels at peak performance levels! win-win. 

On 04/08/2016 at 3:02 PM, 2004mark said:

It's basically only expensive protein.

There is also no reason at all to make yourself drink plain water... anything wet counts towards hydration.

Anything?