arcticfox

10 months to my 1st show. "Terrified"

229 posts in this topic

As title I'm aiming to compete May 2017 for my 1st ever show "TERRIFIED"

Think I'm going to do Physique for my 1st come and hopefully move up into classic if i get enough mass on.

As its stands I'm around 200lb @ 6ft2, Currently cutting so maybe less but around 12/13% BF as it stands. I'm going to be doing a 4/5 month bulk and then start prep , Might cut this down if i compete earlier.

As always ANY help welcome.

This multi pic is the left 2 from around 4 years ago, Top right is about 2 months ago and bottom right is around 6 months ago.

13690842_10155037973408761_7749530262513151411_n.jpg

This pic is me last night, Cant take a pic for toffee

20160728_214041.jpg

Thanks ;)

51 minutes ago, mrwright said:

You look like a crackhead on the top left pic

That's all I have to contribute lol 

As always so helpful HAHAHAH, I have to agree mate.

I was 145lb in that pic just after weigh in for a fight, Not that healthy but great advantage in range at that weight.

I have nothing constructive to add but fair play to you for making the decision - that's one hurdle out of the way... now you just have to stick to it! lol 

I'm one of those who says I want to but never feel like im anywhere near the size or condition to really go for it.. good luck :thumbup1:

arcticfox likes this

32 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

As always so helpful HAHAHAH, I have to agree mate.

I was 145lb in that pic just after weigh in for a fight, Not that healthy but great advantage in range at that weight.

How many women thought you were fit an 'buff' cuz you had abs tho lol 

4 minutes ago, mrwright said:

How many women thought you were fit an 'buff' cuz you had abs tho lol 

NOT ONE hahaha, Been with wife since a teenager so not something i went out asking for BUT when i was serving i was bigger and just as ripped and a few birds liked my look ;).

23 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

NOT ONE hahaha, Been with wife since a teenager so not something i went out asking for BUT when i was serving i was bigger and just as ripped and a few birds liked my look ;).

I used to be about the same weight at 6 2ish n I was hot stuff haha 

arcticfox likes this

Well done for doing it and going ahead - that deserves credit.

If you want to do  well, you have a lot of work to do.

Are you natural?

I would say you need 2 years at least and/or drugs, personally.

RedStar and arcticfox like this

I'm doing my first show in May also. I think the difference is I've know that for 18 months and have been building towards it.  I'm going in the new category of muscle physique with the aim to move in bb once my legs catch up.

Best thing I have done is get a coach. Thankfully the guy who owns the gym has had lots of success with clients.  He doesn't pt me just does my plans and diets and keeps an eye on me. Cheaper than a nightout per month.

Secondly start posing especially getting confident and smooth transitioning between them. Attend a posing class if you can. 

Body wise you need to widen your top half and bring in your waist, so focus on the shoulders and back.

Where you based? Which show?

Best of luck.

My current condition.

IMAG3480_1.jpg

arcticfox likes this

24 minutes ago, Devil said:

Well done for doing it and going ahead - that deserves credit.

If you want to do  well, you have a lot of work to do.

Are you natural?

I would say you need 2 years at least and/or drugs, personally.

Agree with this.

great you want to do a show pal, I've set February 2017 as my first show, currently 14.25 stone fluctuating around 8-10% bf I'd say, my pro mate says lower but I disagree, especially when I see physiques like boomtimes. 

As already mentioned you need to create a stronger v taper, wider shoulders, narrower waist.

i think 12/13%bf is a tad optimistic, I'd say a little bit higher, but it is hard to gauge from pictures, let alone in a tank top.

Natty or do you use peds? Have you got a coach or intending to get one?

Devil and arcticfox like this

About as natural as Phil Heath lol, Will be starting the bulk in about 4 weeks time.

I'm currently looking for a coach and in contact with 2 people as we speak, Yes i will be doing a few posing classes DEFO NEEDED.

Yep my shoulders need more work along with arms and legs, As its Physique ill be doing legs wont be a major factor but don't want to walk around looking like a knob who never trains legs "I do 2 x a week"

I'm going to a guy i knows gym next weeks who competes and he gonna go over me and see what he thinks.

26 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

About as natural as Phil Heath lol, Will be starting the bulk in about 4 weeks time.

I'm currently looking for a couch and in contact with 2 people as we speak, Yes i will be doing a few posing classes DEFO NEEDED.

Yep my shoulders need more work along with arms and legs, As its Physique ill be doing legs wont be a major factor but don't want to walk around looking like a knob who never trains legs "I do 2 x a week"

I'm going to a guy i knows gym next weeks who competes and he gonna go over me and see what he thinks.

i have a cracking three piece leather couch mate, free to a good home.

Mev007 and simonboyle like this

I'm currently looking for a couch and in contact with 2 people as we speak, Yes i will be doing a few posing classes DEFO NEEDED.

Mayzini likes this

1 minute ago, Heavyassweights said:

WTF LOL editted

I say fair play to you, as others say you have a way off but everyone has to start somewhere, and who knows you might love it and progress from there.  some people need the goal of competition to keep themselves motivated.  So ill follow you log and show support for anyone who has the balls to commit to it and step on stage. 

arcticfox likes this

On 7/29/2016 at 4:43 PM, Mayzini said:

I say fair play to you, as others say you have a way off but everyone has to start somewhere, and who knows you might love it and progress from there.  some people need the goal of competition to keep themselves motivated.  So ill follow you log and show support for anyone who has the balls to commit to it and step on stage. 

Thanks for the kind words and yes i no were near were i want to be, But in 2 years i have gained over 40lb so lets see what the next two years take me, 

Right question time, If im aiming for May when should i start for the largest bulk i have ever done, Then when should i start prep, as i'm thinking of a 20 week bulk followed by a 16 weeks"ish" cut ready for may ???

8 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

Just had this come up from 3 years ago when i was 145lb, I have come a long way

Nice fight, lovely knee to finish. I always like seeing Skinny people get big, gives others hope

arcticfox likes this

42 minutes ago, Eddias said:

Nice fight, lovely knee to finish. I always like seeing Skinny people get big, gives others hope

At 6ft 2 its hard work trying to keep it on as my body want's to keep me small "Stupid body" So just got to keep grinding.

Eddias likes this