UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Does anyone stay on all year round??

19K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  totalwar 
#1 ·
I have been on a Sust only course for some time now and i'm thinking of just carrying this one on, but was wondering what the effects may be?

Anyone who has experience with stopping on for a loooong time then please let me know your experiences.

regards

md

#7 ·
when you think aout it its stupid too as you would loose all gains easily in this time. lots of little cycles seems to be the better newer approach. this allows; more controlable sides, better health, shorter times off and possibly gains that will stay around till next cycle

#9 ·
this question of could cause a lot of debate, i know that there are many people that stay on all year round, there prob are a few on this board that do but many will not own up to the fact as they like to make out they dont use much gear or stay on too long etc prob because they think it makes themselves sound better. The old story of someone saying i look this good and only do two 8 week courses a year etc.

and if someone runs long acting tests for 6-8 weeks then stops for 4 weeks and starts again do you class this as constant use or not as long acting esters will cause you to still have elevated test levels weeks after you discontinue them.

I personally use for several weeks anything between 5 and 10 weeks and then have 4-5 weeks of sometimes 6 weeks.

I have done it this way for almost the past 4 years now and haven't suffered from any side effects apart from a bit of acne.

You may also debate wether or not its better to do heavy high dosed cycles for 8-10 weeks then have the same time off or do low dosed cycles and stay on almost constant.

I dont think there are any known studies that can stat which is better as these sort of studies dont get carried out and if anaccurate study was to be carried out the person using the steroids would have to be monitered 24/7 to ensure they are doing what they say they are and this study would have to be done over a long period of time. Therefor its not practical. So i dont think anyone can stat for sure what is best and what could happen but only sumise as to what may happen.

#10 ·
everything in moderation is best IMO, eat the odd pizza youll be ok eat them everymeal youll get fat. same thoughts with aas really use them all the time it may come back and bite you where it hurts?

alot of big names ie pro's have had majour health problems too remember, some have been lucky but not all

#13 ·
jjb1 said:
alot of big names ie pro's have had majour health problems too remember,
bit the majority are ok

jjb1 said:
some have been lucky but not all
i see what your saying, but thats like saying smoking may cause heart desease and/or cancer

the thing is, if something is going to go wrong with the body...it may/may not happen with or without constant use of steriods

i wont advise one way, or the other

if we are talking recovery however...then time on = time off seems to be the best way forward

but is it the fastest, best way to grow???

its a risk some are prepared to take

its also a risk some are taking without realising it

because to recover fully....we need to take months and months off

pct + a few weeks clean will never do it

the kev levrone, shaun ray thing sticks in my mind

constantly on for 8 months of the year....off gear/gym/wholesome food for the rest of the year

this works for more than a few people i know

i feel that cycles with a small clean period cant be classed as recovery...so why not stay on for a good period of time...then have a decent break afterwards...you will shrink...but it comes back with interest!!

so a year on???? why not...just take a good 6 months off after

there are so many ways round it

but as i said above....nothing makes progress like staying on

but as jjb says...what if????

roulette anyone? LOL

#14 ·
jimmy, very true in what you have said especially about the shaun ray, levrone way.

I have seen this with one of my training partners at the mo, we used to train together and did so for about 3 years solid, in all this time he was on off gear. He then brought a pub had a kid etc and didn't train for bnearly a year at all and went from 15 stone to about 13 stone, didn't train bearly eat etc. He started trainnig with me 6 months ago, trained clean for 3-4 months and now has been back on gear for 2-3 months, in this time now back training with me his bodyweight is at a all time high of 16 1/2 stone and he is stronger than every before and hitting pb's in all the big lifts.

This all after 1 year of training and now just 6 months back to training.

Seems to have worked very well for him, just makes you think how respndant your receptor sites are after a long period of time of gear and also how the body and its nervous system after a year of rest and no training must be so rested and recovered after having trained for years prior is ready to make big gains in a short period of time. Almost like when you first start training again.

Food for thought i think!

#15 ·
IMO it depends on your goals and your attitude to risk

Completely agree that it takes a LOT longer than most people think to properly recover.

IMO 6-12 MONTHS+ off is properly required for all of your blood levels and HPTA to completely stabilise.

Taking regular time off is sensible, in terms of recovery, giving your body/CNS/joints a rest, letting any gyno go down, letting SOME of your blood levels get close to normal levels for a period of time etc etc. However, let's not kid ourselves and pretend that x weeks on, x weeks off is safe. There are risks with recreational use of steroids no matter how you use them.

The truth is, since there are no studies done on this, nobody really knows. All you can do, is read as much as possible and draw your own conclusions.

#16 ·
my plan was to finish the end of august (this would mean 8 months on) and then start again in january (4 months rest), i have started HGH and will carry that thru until the start of the next cycle or maybe even stay on it!!

not to 'common' for cycles i know ,but it's what i'm feeling is right for me.

The question has bought out some interesting views non the less!

#18 ·
How do you know it feels right to you if you haven't even done it yet?

I don't see anything wrong with 8 months for some people. Not many, but some. 4 months PCT is going to be overkill though.

Then to run a full PCT during course isn't a smart thing. HCG and some sort of estrogen blocker is fine during course, but full PCT?

I couldn't imagine taking HCG for 8 months during a cycle and then 4 months for PCT. Just isn't a good thing.

This a wide array of chemicals you're going to be putting into your body for a long period of time. Can be very traumatic on the system.

The cost is going to be astronomical since you should be buying everyting before hand. You don't want to be on 2 months of test and run out while you're still running tren. Missing one piece to the puzzle can be a huge mistake.

#19 ·
How do you know it feels right to you if you haven't even done it yet?
Maybe I didnt make that too clear, sorry, what i mean is i've been on now for 6 months (shot of sust every 4 days) and i dont feel the need to come off it so it feels right to stay on, BUT i know i could do with a break for long term health so what i'm saying is THATS my plan and THAT feels right for me.

The 4 months PCT is to be sure to have a good clear out, i know i could cut that by half but i'm in no hurry and here for the long haul, so why not.

btw youve read the HCG bit wrong, it says HGH

#21 ·
The cost is going to be astronomical since you should be buying everyting before hand.
I'm in love with Nile Sust and it's cheap as chips, i'm off to egypt again on Monday in fact! :) :) as for nolva etc, i have more than you can shake a stick at!

You don't want to be on 2 months of test and run out while you're still running tren
I'm not running Tren?

#25 ·
I dont think its worth the risk unless you are a competitive athlete TBH.

When I stop competing I certainly wont be running the type of courses and duration that I do now.

Pscarb can give you better advice on recovery from long cycles than anyone I know as he's actually done this himself while trying for a baby last year. I think it took him 6 months to recover fully from a year cycle.

#26 ·
This is a great thread.

First of all I would not run one type of gear all year round. Reason being that for better gains one should rotate gear IMO.

I have not done a full year on cycle yet but I see no real problems in it provided the individual doing it takes as much precautions as possible.

I think the internet has been a great thing for knowledge but it has also created some de-facto standards and the time on = time off rule is but one example.

Years ago there was a hardcore gym in my hometown where most members were juicing, and most were on gear year round. They had no internet for advice and information, all they had was each others experience and knowledge. And I can tell you there were many, many big guys emerged from that place and most are alive and well today and no worse for thier efforts.

I am not saying year round use is OK or advisable, but likewise, I would not say taking AAS at all is OK or advisable. Each individual makes thier own choice.

Oh and BTW there was little if any PCT being done back then (In that gym) and I can honestly say I only ever heard of one person getting gyno. Infact when I talk about PCT to some of the old members they look at me like I am crazy. But thats another story................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.