547 posts in this topic

Saturday 28th January

PPL Week 9

Day 3

Legs

Lunges:- 1x6@18.6 1x6@23.6 1x6@28.6 1x6@29.6

BB Good Mornings:- 1x10@40 1x10@45 1x10@50

Calf Raises:- 1x100@29.6

Leg Press:- 1x15@60 1x15@65 1x15@70

Bicycle Crunches:- 15

Crunches:- 15

Bums Up :- 15

Notes:-   Sometime this dreich weekend I'm going to take a look at this routine and see if I can beef it up a bit. 

Had to 'phone Urology on Friday to see where things were at after my GP claimed they hadn't had a letter and were waiting for the blood results which would go to the hospital rather than them...  anyway it appears they did get the letter .. a week last Thursday ... and I'm currently in the 'work flow' ... whatever that means .....

Tired this morning, been a busy week at work and it's all caught up with me now...

Not sure when the next session will begin,  maybe tomorrow, or Monday after work...

Have a good weekend :)

 

 

 

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday 29th January

PPL - Week 10

Day One  - Pull

BB Incline Bench:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60 1x6@62.5

DB Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Close grip Bench Press:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x3+2 @60

Flyes:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x1011.8

Notes:- Mixed things up a bit today, incline bench .. which became a struggle and then close grip bench which was also a struggle on the last set... Not sure why this was other than the session was  late afternoon when my energy levels start depleting ...

Next session will probably be Tuesday afternoon ... am on a training course in the morning

 

 

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Greshie said:

Sunday 29th January

PPL - Week 10

Day One  - Pull

BB Incline Bench:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60 1x6@62.5

DB Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Close grip Bench Press:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x3+2 @60

Flyes:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x1011.8

Notes:- Mixed things up a bit today, incline bench .. which became a struggle and then close grip bench which was also a struggle on the last set... Not sure why this was other than the session was  late afternoon when my energy levels start depleting ...

Next session will probably be Tuesday afternoon ... am on a training course in the morning

 

 

I love close grip bench press, one of my favorite exercises and always my first one on arm day. Glad to see you're back in swing of things a bit.

Greshie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2017 at 7:21 PM, UK2USA said:

I love close grip bench press, one of my favorite exercises and always my first one on arm day. Glad to see you're back in swing of things a bit.

Makes a change ... always good to mix things up a bit !   I like wide grip myself ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 31st Jan

PPL week 10

Day two

Pull

Deads:- 1x6@55 1x6@65 1x6@75 1x6@85

Pull-Ups:- 3x10

DB Seated Curls:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Wide Grip Seated Pulldowns:- 1x10@20 1x10@25 1x10@30

Notes:- The 'Safetalk' training this morning, covering suicide alertness, was very interesting ... Globally one in twenty people have suicidal thoughts at some point in their lives and in Scotland it is one in ten. For the LGBT community the stats are even higher, and the course covered how to identify someone at risk, how to ask the question, and how to keep them safe until professional assistance can be sought.  It seems we are far behind countries such as Canada in terms of pro-active intervention.

Anyway a decent session this afternoon, inserted Wide Grip Puldowns instead of rows. Also got back to proper weights on Deads though the last set was a struggle.

Still no news about a GP's appointment regards  TRT

Final session this week will have to be before Saturday, probaby be Thursday or Friday after work.

Miserable day here, cold and very wet ....

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday 3rd February

PPL Week 10

Day 3

Legs

BB Front Squats:- 1x6@50 1x6'60 1x6@70 1x6@80

Romanian Deads:- 1x10@40 1x10@50 1x10@60

DB Calf Raises:- 1x100@29.6

Leg Press:- 1x15@60 1x15@65 1x15@70

Leg Extensions:- 1x10@30 1x10@35 1x10@40

Bicycle Crunches:- 1x30

Crunches:- 1x15

Notes:-  re-introduced squats this morning and don't I know it!  Not sure how good technique was, I think I still have a tendency to pitch forward a bit however something hit the spot as I ached afterwards!.  Also added leg extensions and swopped good morning's for romanian deads,   and omitted bums up, these are fun to do but don't seem to achieve very much

Week 11 will probably be Sunday/Tues afternoon and then legs might have to wait 'till Saturday...  I'm covering my co-worker's shifts next week as she is on holiday, lots of overtime but less down time. 

No word from my GP yet, I shall leave it until next week and make an appointment ....

Have a great weekend,  out walking  and  then lunch for me tomorrow and out to lunch again on Sunday :)

 

 

 

UK2USA, BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday 5th February

PPL Week 11

Day One

Push

Incline Bench:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@57.5 1x6@60

Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Wide Grip Bench:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@57.5

Flyes:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Took a while to get going this morning ... can still feel the backs of my legs after Friday's squats and yesterday's health walk.. which was erm... 'envigorating' ! :D

Adjusted the final sets of the inclines downwards slightly and did wide grips instead of narrow on the subsequent benching.  Need to up weight on the first set of flyes.

Bit of cooking this afternoon and the crossword ...  dreich outside though stuff is beginning to move in the garden.

Busy week ahead but am hoping to get the next session in sometime on Tuesday afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday:thumbup1:

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 7th Feb

PPL Week 11

Day Two

Pull

Deads:- 1x6@55 1x6@65 1x6@75 1x6@85

Pull Ups:- 3x10

Seated Bicep Curls:- 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8 1x10@12.8

Wide Grip Pulldowns:- 1x10@25 1x10:30 1x10@35

Notes:-  'Phoned the GP's surgery when I got home from work this morning. It seems the letter to my GP is sitting in his inbox but as he doesn't work Tuesdays the receptionist has sent him a 'sticky' reminder for when he is back tomorrow. We are now into the 3rd week since the letter was emailed so I don't understand the delay,

Session this afternoon was a bit of a struggle as I've been tired all day, should have done it yesterday after work when I had more energy even though I worked 6 hrs rather than the 3 worked this morning ... the effects of low/no testosterone are strange to say the least!

The final session this week is most likely to be Saturday morning; I can't see me having the time or energy to do anything beforehand.

 

 

 

BestBefore1989, UK2USA and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday 11th Feb

PPL Week 11

Day 3

Legs

Squats:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60 1x6@65

Romanian Deads:- 1x10@40 1x10@50 1x10@60

Calf raises:- 1x100@29.6

Leg Press:- 1x15@50 1x15@60 1x15@70

Leg Exts:- 1x15@30 1x15@35 1x15@40

Bicycle Crunches:- 1x30

Crunchy Crunches:- 1x20

Notes:- Woke up with a throat like a cheese grater and feeling like death warmed up; a strong coffee and cold/flu tabs later  gritted my teeth and got into the gym. Went very light on the squats but did go deep. Everything else ok... crunches were quite good.

Week 12 will start on Monday afternoon after work hopefully.

Have made an appointment to see my GP next Friday afternoon, and have had a letter from the Urologist to confirm the GP has been instructed to prescribe testogel. So hopefully no more waiting and I can get my life back!

After another couple of energy fixes am hoping to do a bit of baking today for the week ahead, and also start planning work in the garden for spring. Really the bungalow needs a proper clean and tidy up but I can't be ars*d ...

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

 

 

 

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greshie said:

Saturday 11th Feb

PPL Week 11

Day 3

Legs

Squats:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60 1x6@65

Romanian Deads:- 1x10@40 1x10@50 1x10@60

Calf raises:- 1x100@29.6

Leg Press:- 1x15@50 1x15@60 1x15@70

Leg Exts:- 1x15@30 1x15@35 1x15@40

Bicycle Crunches:- 1x30

Crunchy Crunches:- 1x20

Notes:- Woke up with a throat like a cheese grater and feeling like death warmed up; a strong coffee and cold/flu tabs later  gritted my teeth and got into the gym. Went very light on the squats but did go deep. Everything else ok... crunches were quite good.

Week 12 will start on Monday afternoon after work hopefully.

Have made an appointment to see my GP next Friday afternoon, and have had a letter from the Urologist to confirm the GP has been instructed to prescribe testogel. So hopefully no more waiting and I can get my life back!

After another couple of energy fixes am hoping to do a bit of baking today for the week ahead, and also start planning work in the garden for spring. Really the bungalow needs a proper clean and tidy up but I can't be ars*d ...

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

 

 

 

good news mate, hopefully you'll be feeling like a new man soon :thumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 14th February

PPL Week 12

Day One

Push

Incline Bench:- 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@57.5 1x6@60

DB Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@10.3

Close Grip Bench press:- 1x10@45 1x9@50 1x4@55

Flyes:- 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8 1x10@13.3

Notes:- Well the cheese grater throat on Saturday developed into a full humdinger grotty weekend in every way possible which carried through till yesterday, so no training session until this morning.  was fine until the close grip bench where strength deserted me on the final set, paused and tried a 5th rep but it was a huge struggle.

Next session will be after work one day this week

Lovely sunny day here, am going to wash the car after lunch then have an LGBT finance committee meeting later this afternoon followed by a film at the local Arts Centre... Silence... doesn't quite sound my thing to be honest but I said I'd go along.....

 

BestBefore1989 and Mingster like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday 16th Feb

PPL Week 12

Day two - Pull

Deads:- 1x6@55 1x6@65 1x6@75 1x6@85

Pull Ups:- 3x10

DB Bicep curls:- 1x10@9.3 1x8@11.8 1x10@12.8

Wide Grip pulldowns- 1x10@25 1x10@35 1x10@45

Notes:-  Snivelly weekend has now turned into a chesty cough :( ... been feeling really down these last few days, but forcing myself into the gym after work this morning paid off as the release of endomorphins has lifted my mood considerably ... just hope it lasts!

Nothing spectacular other than I struggled with the bicep curls , getting a sharp pain in my right elbow joint, it's as if I've bruised a bone at the joint.. if it persists I might go back to preachers for a while.    Pull Ups felt good!

Last session this week might be tomorrow after work or first thing Saturday morning..

Got some duck eggs for lunch ... boiled with toast I think or possibly poached ... then a soak in the  bath and out to the opening of our new LGBT Plus offices in town...

 

BestBefore1989 and Quackerz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, UK2USA said:

Is this someone's routine you are following? The reason I ask is only one exercise for biceps seems underkill?

Yes , can't remember who exactly but found it on bodybuilding.com

Biceps are light, but then so is the whole routine really; it serves a purpose for the time being , and hopefully not for much longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday 17th February

PPL Week 12

Day three - Legs

Squats:- 1x6@45 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60

Romanian Deads:- 1x10@40 1x10@50 1x10@60

Calf Raises:- 90@38.6

Leg Press:- 1x15@60 1x15@65 1x15@70

Leg Ext:- 1x10@30 1x10@35 1x10@40

Bicycle Crunches:- 30

Crunches:- 15

Notes:- Didn't have huge amounts of energy after work this morning so squats were very light although I compensated for going ATG... Upped the calf raises. Crunches seem to be getting better.

Doctor's appointment later this afternoon which hopefully will sort out the TRT palaver.

This weekend off down to my Brother's in Manchester for his 70th birthday.

Next session will either start Monday or Tuesday

Dreich day here ... washing been done but that's about it ... anything else can wait until next week !

Mingster and BestBefore1989 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greshie said:

Yes , can't remember who exactly but found it on bodybuilding.com

Biceps are light, but then so is the whole routine really; it serves a purpose for the time being , and hopefully not for much longer

I was just wondering if it was a routine someone had created or if maybe it was yours since you haven't been up to par lately. While I was fighting my way back from cancer I used to take strange pleasure in feeling beaten up after a training session, sort of reinforced I was fighting back or something. Strange.

Greshie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/02/2017 at 4:36 PM, UK2USA said:

I was just wondering if it was a routine someone had created or if maybe it was yours since you haven't been up to par lately. While I was fighting my way back from cancer I used to take strange pleasure in feeling beaten up after a training session, sort of reinforced I was fighting back or something. Strange.

I was feeling beaten up most of the time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 21st Feb

PPL - Week 13

Day One Pull

Incline Bench:- 1x6@45 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60

DB Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Close Grip Bench:- 1x10@40 1x10@45 1x7@50

Flyes:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Notes:-   It appears my prescription record had been updated but no one had actually issued the prescription!:rolleyes:  Anyway started testogel and a low dose ciallis on Saturday and could feel the benefits almost immediately. First was an improvement and stabilising of mood, there have been no more swings and dips. The pyschological improvement means   I've been more motivated to get stuff done.  Libido is still suppressed and I do get tired after a while, but I'm in a much better place now than I was a week ago!.

Had a lovely weekend down in Manchester at my Bro's birthday bash... can't believe he is 70.... the other shock I got was realising my Niece is 47 and my Nephew about 45! :o

So this might be the last week of this regime, we shall see.  All good today though struggled with the last set of close grip bench.

Next session might be late tomorrow afternoon or more likely Friday.

 

 

Mingster likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Greshie said:

Tuesday 21st Feb

PPL - Week 13

Day One Pull

Incline Bench:- 1x6@45 1x6@50 1x6@55 1x6@60

DB Shoulder Press:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Close Grip Bench:- 1x10@40 1x10@45 1x7@50

Flyes:- 1x10@6.8 1x10@9.3 1x10@11.8

Notes:-   It appears my prescription record had been updated but no one had actually issued the prescription!:rolleyes:  Anyway started testogel and a low dose ciallis on Saturday and could feel the benefits almost immediately. First was an improvement and stabilising of mood, there have been no more swings and dips. The pyschological improvement means   I've been more motivated to get stuff done.  Libido is still suppressed and I do get tired after a while, but I'm in a much better place now than I was a week ago!.

Had a lovely weekend down in Manchester at my Bro's birthday bash... can't believe he is 70.... the other shock I got was realising my Niece is 47 and my Nephew about 45! :o

So this might be the last week of this regime, we shall see.  All good today though struggled with the last set of close grip bench.

Next session might be late tomorrow afternoon or more likely Friday.

 

 

If you will please forgive the bad joke,

Sounds like things are finally on the up for you mate :thumb

Greshie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 22nd Feb

PPL Week 13

Day Two - Pull

Deads:- 1x6@50 1x6@60 1x6@70 1x6@80

Pullups:- 3x10

Preacher Curls:- 1x10@30 1x10@35 1x10@37.5

Wide Grip Pulldowns:- 1x10@25 1x10@30 1x10@32.5

Notes:- The deads were a bit of a struggle, but from then on this session was very good.  Swopped the seated bicep curls back to Preachers.

Final session will either be Friday after work or first thing on Saturday.

In a totally different place to where I was this time last week. Got loads done yesterday so my 'todo' list is back up and running as there is so much to catch up on...  Also feels good that the days are drawing out and there is some warmth in the sun (when we see it!)

I really wouldn't wish low testosterone levels on anyone!

At some point over the weekend will look at overhauling the routine... I shall still stick to a three day a week regimen so there is flexibility about when the sessions are completed.

Onwards and upwards :thumb

Mingster, BestBefore1989 and UK2USA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now