Jatin Bhatia

Magnesium and Bodybuilding

13 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

Any body takes any kind of Magnesium supplement ?. Do you feel any difference?. What are the noticeable effects as compare to placebo?. I have read numerous studies that how magnesium is the top most mineral for bodybuilding. But, looking for experiences rather than studies. s**t is expensive in my country.

Thanks

JB

12 minutes ago, ILLBehaviour said:

take zma, have done for ages, doubtful you're notice any difference though.

Magnesium used in ZMA has the poorest absorption in the body(Magnesium citrate mostly). It would not be a good reference for me to conclude. I hope you know what i mean :)

Always have used this this is why. 

Magnesium, an abundant mineral in the body, is naturally present in many foods, added to other food products, available as a dietary supplement, and present in some medicines (such as antacids and laxatives). Magnesium is a cofactor in more than 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation [1-3]. Magnesium is required for energy production, oxidative phosphorylation, and glycolysis. It contributes to the structural development of bone and is required for the synthesis of DNA, RNA, and the antioxidant glutathione. Magnesium also plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm [3].

3 minutes ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

Magnesium used in ZMA has the poorest absorption in the body(Magnesium citrate mostly). It would not be a good reference for me to conclude. I hope you know what i mean :)

I've used all different types, doesn't really make any difference. Its cheap though so just try it to see if it makes mich difference to you.

Just now, ILLBehaviour said:

I've used all different types, doesn't really make any difference. Its cheap though so just try it to see if it makes mich difference to you.

Ok. It's expensive in my country mate. Equivalent to one tub of whey protein. Thanks for your input :)

Just now, Jatin Bhatia said:

Ok. It's expensive in my country mate. Equivalent to one tub of whey protein. Thanks for your input :)

wow, that's shitty, maybe import it then, might be cheaper option.

Jatin Bhatia likes this

I've used both ZMA and magnesium seperatley to try and aid my sleep (I work a lot if nights so try and improve my sleep quality and duration however I can). I do find one or the other helps me sleep more deeply, can't say I've noticed any other benefits.

Jatin Bhatia likes this

Haha, I've been looking into magnesium recently also jatin.... what sort of magnesium absorbs the best?... cause i'm thinking of buying my ZMA supplements separately. individual minerals.

15 minutes ago, realgains89 said:

Haha, I've been looking into magnesium recently also jatin.... what sort of magnesium absorbs the best?... cause i'm thinking of buying my ZMA supplements separately. individual minerals.

The best form of magnesium is glycinate, biglycinate and taurate

yeah i ve been taking magnesium like for ages

always chelated of course

used to buy from carlson labs,it was the best in the market,chelated glucinated  but those fukkers mixed it wit mag oxide,so i turn to another brand

doctor's best magnesium,the bottle with 240 tabs,every tab has 100mg of chelated magn.

it works like wonder,helps my cns recover and also participating in enzyme production

im tellin you mag is usefull from every person,lifter or not

never took zma cos i take zinc,Now food zinc picolinate 50mg,im taking it pre bed every night and makes me wake up with erection every morning m8

I thought the point in "proper" zma was that it was aspartate zinc and mag with is very absorbable??

Edit

• Watch thZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vi