vetran

why is having instagram followers so important to people

85 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, vetran said:

is it a money making thing or are they just attention seeking faggots ?

Dont know much about it, but if its anything like having Youtube subscribers then yes it's about the dollar dollar bills y'all.

Mostly ego..........if you got lots of followers, it boosts your mood and ego. You feel good about yourself. Same reason why celebrities crave attention.

If only people knew that you didnt need attention to feel good about yourself......

Skye666, snuden, Starz and 1 other like this

Because it makes them feel important and like their a somebody. I can get my head around a bit of a following, but personally, I wouldn't want a ridiculous number knowing my business/viewing posts, each to their own. a private life's a happy life, as the saying goes.

It's been proven that you can get a dopamine release as a consequence of online attention... therefore it's a cheap and addictive rush for many people.

I'm trying to promote myself which is why I'm trying to get my followers up.......if you don't like it you can kiss my black ass

Well of it's for attention I'm missing out I don't even know how it works!! I find it weird.  Look at vet trying to see if it's worth him setting up an account 

Depends. Circumstances can differ. For people using social media as a means of making a living – endorsing products, promoting their own business if they're self-employed, etc, it's basically part of their day job. Social media has opened a great new avenue for people to promote themselves on their own terms and gain popularity. Pretty much any business worth its salt these days needs to have a presence on social media. Sometimes it isn't as easy as you think. Like any job, it can be repetitive and tiresome. You're constantly having to keep things fresh to entertain the followers you have and innovate to grow your profile.

You do also have the people who are more vulnerable who get sucked into a downward spiral whereby the “likes” and positive feedback becomes addictive and a boost to their already fragile ego. Social media can breed narcissistic behaviour, bragging and ultimately 'smiling depression'. It should never be your only outlet. That's why I find it rather sad to be out and about in town, in a restaurant and so many people still cannot their phone away, like they're oblivious to the real world around them.

Donny dog, Fluke82, Leigh and 2 others like this

4 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Depends. Circumstances can differ. For people using social media as a means of making a living – endorsing products, promoting their own business if they're self-employed, etc, it's basically part of their day job. Social media has opened a great new avenue for people to promote themselves on their own terms and gain popularity. Pretty much any business worth its salt these days needs to have a presence on social media. Sometimes it isn't as easy as you think. Like any job, it can be repetitive and tiresome. You're constantly having to keep things fresh to entertain the followers you have and innovate to grow your profile.

You do also have the people who are more vulnerable who get sucked into a downward spiral whereby the “likes” and positive feedback becomes addictive and a boost to their already fragile ego. Social media can breed narcissistic behaviour, bragging and ultimately 'smiling depression'. It should never be your only outlet. That's why I find it rather sad to be out and about in town, in a restaurant and so many people still cannot their phone away, like they're oblivious to the real world around them.

Great post, mate

toecutter likes this

35 minutes ago, FelonE said:

I'm trying to promote myself which is why I'm trying to get my followers up.......if you don't like it you can kiss my black ass

too much mt2?

FelonE likes this

too much mt2?

Yep

To give an example. The more followers you have, the more free stuff/money you get. If you have 200000 followers and you make a post along the lines of 'chilling on my @ikea sofa wearing my @aldi ski gear. Those two companies see your post and given your follower count will give you free sh1t in most cases or advertising money. Very meaningless life if you ask me and pretty much a full time job 

Of you're after being sponsored by someone then more followers is obviously better.

A lot on there will follow you, wait till you follow them back, then unfollow you. Just to get their followers up.

too much mt2?

Yep

how many followers do you have ? Do you get any free stuff ?

Not many and nope.