UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Ostarine option as MG gives you cancer?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  milzy 
#1 ·
I'm smashing park runs in just over 19 mins but want to go into the 18's. I was thinking of taking G.M for the endurance gains but everyone says you'll pretty much get cancer fast. Would Ostarine be worth taking instead??

#2 ·
I think you mean GW (50156) rather than GM but there was a study done on rats who were prone to polyps and they were found to have increased growth of polyps. As with anything (AAS, etc.) it's really up to you to weigh up the pros and cons but if your family has a history of bowel cancer in people under 60 then I would definitely give GW a miss.

I've used GW a couple of times to help get my cholesterol down after a cycle and only run it once or twice a year as part of PCT. During this time I have had a couple of ultrasound examinations as part of medicals and there hasn't been any polyps discovered although ultrasound isn't the usual method for detecting bowel polyps, it can be used for this purpose - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3500816/

I wouldn't bother with Ostarine if you are looking to increase endurance as it won't really do much for this. The other option for endurance is aicar but I haven't researched this so you should have a check as to its' usage and any negative side effects.

#6 ·
The rats were given dmba which taken with gw would give the rats polyps which later turned cancerous.

This was at a dose hundreds higher than any reasonable dose.

Any human studies haven't developed any, but like with all supps sides can develop so keep an eye out.

Rumour has it gsk dropped gw in part due to pressure from wada, and it practically cured cholesterol issues, which no pharma company wants as it doesn't make them money, i mean just look at statins and bp meds, both of which gw sorts out not to mention other things.

And it's fantastic for fat loss, really kicks it up for me.

#9 ·
#18 ·
I've got a constent migraine guys, could this be gw?? Slept ok but pounding head is annoying.
I experienced something similar with Ibutamoren (MK-677), went away after first week.

For endurance purposes, I'd recommend Beta Alanine and possibly AAKG for synergy. Ostarine is nice supp, it is kind of like a Creatine that works. Alcar is nice supplement, but I see it more as something to boost BMR(expect to sweat like a pig during the night), but the effect fades away after few weeks.

#20 ·
Update:-

Started taking gw on Thursday 1 7mg pill. Friday & Saturday I took 2 pills. Taken one today in the morning before cycling a 10 mile time trial. I knocked 64 seconds off from the same Time trial as the Sunday before. Now it might be a placebo effect but over a minute in such a short space of time is some good going. Especially that there was a slight head wind on the way back down the course.

I'm still a bit scared about the cancer thing though as my grandad & mum became riddled with it. Granddad was in heavy industries & mum smoked for 40 years though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.