Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Training Routine for solo trainer

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys, can you pass your opinions on this please? I have a weight bench at home and do not go to a gym with other users. Therefore I have no one able to spot me on my exercises. With safety in mind I do not do each set to failure! Therefore should I do many reps with low weight, or low reps with heavy weight, stopping just before I reach failure?

I am trying to build muscle size and strength. Following help from several of you already, I am taking 90+ Protein 4 times a day together with a diet as healthy as family life will allow!

My routine is as below;

Sunday, 4 sets of

Incline bench press - 45k

Close grip bench press - 35k

Shoulder press - 30k

Lateral Raise - 8k

Dumbell Preacher curls - 12k

Tuesday 4 sets of

Squats - 100k

Calf raises - 100k

Leg extensions - 35k

Leg Curls - 30k

Crunches

Thursday 4 sets of

Lateral Pull downs - 55k

Triceps Press - 35k

Deadlift (bent knees as opposed to stiff leg) 90k

Barbell Shrugs - 90k

the first set of all exercises is a warm up with light weight. The weights I am lifting pale in comparison to you others I know, but give a guide as to where I am.

How does this compare to other routines and methods that you use? All tips greatly and readily appreciated. Many thanks.

:withstupi

Posted

i'm not sure on what age and what level of training you've done but in general your workout seems alright. I would only make a few changing to the order as done below and after a month or two i would change some exercises to keep the body guessing ;)

Sunday, 4 sets of

Incline bench press - 45k

Shoulder press - 30k

Close grip bench press - 35k

Lateral Raise - 8k

Dumbell Preacher curls - 12k

Tuesday 4 sets of

Squats - 100k

Calf raises - 100k

Leg extensions - 35k

Leg Curls - 30k

Crunches this workout is fine

Thursday 4 sets of

Deadlift (bent knees as opposed to stiff leg) 90k

Lateral Pull downs - 55k

Triceps Press - 35k

Barbell Shrugs - 90k

:beer1:

Posted

Thanks for the help OGX. I do not wish to appear ungrateful but can you advise why you would change the order of some exercises? I'm keen to learn as much as I can!

I've been doint this routine for 4 weeks now and the weights on certain exercises have increased already, (although still at comparitively low levels I know)! I'm age 33, about 160lbs and 16-17% body fat depending on what day I measure! Does this affect your recommendations.

Thanks again.

Posted

Hi Redgav

Just looking at the changes that have been made...i think they have probably swapped the order so that the main mass-building movements are done at the begining of the workout so you have more strength to do more weight/reps on them.

Then the isolation-type movements are done after to suppliment the compound-type lifts.

Hope that makes sence!

Posted

yep, perfect sense now you point it out to me! Thanks