UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Adam Hayley - UKBFF Kent in August..

21K views 278 replies 47 participants last post by  MRENIGMA 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys,

Some of you might have read my previous thread: http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/competitive-journals/263473-adam-hayley-lead-upto-september.html?highlight=adam+hayley

I competed last September in the Inters U80's. Happy with improvements from my first ever show (Birmingham, Juniors).. and was happy with my condition from the front - however from the back I still had fat to lose.

Currently in my off-season working on weak bodyparts (chest, back thickness and abdominals).

Got a text from Will (Bad Alan) yesterday saying he's going to compete at the Kent show on August 20th - I should do it too.... So, I thought f**k it why not.

I'll use this log to track last 3 months of off-season and then leading into show prep for the Birmingham show.

Pics from last show:

** I'm in blue trunks **

attachment.php?attachmentid=164247&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164248&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164249&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164250&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164251&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164252&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=164253&stc=1

Diet:

Have just done a mini 10 day diet to tidy things up and hopefully improve my insulin sensitivity before going back to increased calories.

Below is diet from yesterday going forward to add some size, will post any tweaks along the way:

Meal 1

3 Scoops Pro-Peptide

40g Almonds

Meal 2

500ml Liquid Egg Whites

Options Hot Choc Sachet

1tbsp Coconut Oil

70g Oats

Meal 3

250g Chicken (blended)

1 Scoop Cream of Rice

INTRA:

2 Scoops Glycofuse

20g EAA

PWO:

75g Whey

2 Scoops Cream of Rice or 100g Cereal (Lucky Charms)

Meal 4:

250g Rump Steak

300g White Potato

1tbsp Butter

Meal 5:

500g Total Greek Yoghurt (Full Fat)

Handful Blueberries

Vanilla Syrup

V v simple and easy to get down as appetite is crap.

Supplements:

Health:

- Curcumin x2 Daily

- Vit K2 x2 Daily

- Red Yeast Rice x2 Daily

- Vit D3 5000iu Daily

Performance:

Glycofuse + EAA's as mentioned above

Training:

Monday - Legs

Tuesday - Chest & Shoulders

Wednesday - REST

Thursday - Back

Friday - Chest & Shoulders

Saturday - REST

Sunday - ArmsI'll be adding an extra back day soon, taking me up to 6 days per week..

Yesterdays session as an example:

Hamstring Curls,
4 x 8 (Final set, 2 drop sets + 25 partials)

Banded Leg Press,
4 x 8(Explosive)

Squats,
4 x 8(3sec descent)

Leg Press,
1 x 50

DB Romanian Deadlifts,
4 x 12

See less See more
#4 ·
DaveCW said:
Also In!!!

How are Bad Alan and Queenie ?

Notice how the other two lads have no calves to speak of :lol:
They're very good! I trained with Will last week actually, had a good catch up - and also bought Claire some strawberry vines back from when I was in NY!

Will is looking huge as always too... f**ker.

Lol I couldn't possibly comment on the lack of calves - woops :innocent:

#6 ·
Mince Pies said:
dude on the right needs to add another legs day specifically calfs. You look shredded in those pics, quads and calves are excellent.
Thanks mate!

Was quite happy with condition from the front - it's just from the rear it wasn't where I'd have liked it to be..

Having said that, as always - my legs looked better the NEXT day!

#15 ·
saxondale said:
you must have won the comp above?
sen said:
That's what I thought! Guy on left in pic looks like he got lost and ended up at a bb competition!
Hmm I really don't want to sound like a sore loser here.. But, I didn't actually place - AT ALL.

On the day I wasn't bothered as I know I'd made improvements and was v happy with how I looked. However, now I've received photo's - I'm a little unsure as to why I didn't at least place.

(Please don't mistake this for me b1tching about judges bad call etc. I just genuinely struggle to see why I did so poorly when looking at pictures + others feedback)

The guy in pink trunks won it (only pic I've got of him, maybe he looked 10x better in other pics):

View attachment 164290

Guy in red came second:

View attachment 164291

I think I've got a couple more of him so will try upload later as it's obv a poor shot of him.

#16 ·
ah24 said:
Hmm I really don't want to sound like a sore loser here.. But, I didn't actually place - AT ALL.

On the day I wasn't bothered as I know I'd made improvements and was v happy with how I looked. However, now I've received photo's - I'm a little unsure as to why I didn't at least place.

(Please don't mistake this for me b1tching about judges bad call etc. I just genuinely struggle to see why I did so poorly when looking at pictures + others feedback)

The guy in pink trunks won it (only pic I've got of him, maybe he looked 10x better in other pics):

View attachment 164290

Guy in red came second:

View attachment 164291

I think I've got a couple more of him so will try upload later as it's obv a poor shot of him.
robbed - seriously thats just stupid, no wonder the feds get a bad name if it`s that obvious

#18 ·
Some of the guys I see on stage competing genuinely shock me. Why would they get on stage when they completely don't have the genetics for it, lanky skinny no arm or chested lads doing monkey poses in pants. Each to their own but why bother, its like me trying out for man United.

That's not aimed at you btw op, you have good shoulders and lats. More aimed at the ppl next to you in the first pics

#19 ·
ah24 said:

View attachment 164290

Guy in red came second:

View attachment 164291

Completely agree, you were on stage shredded. The person who won is still quite watery & has sh1t condition.

Condition you come first, lower body first, upper body hard to judge from above pics but your well built upstairs too but overall you take it 1st and take it very clearly!

#20 ·
I am shocked at those pics mate. It is black and white.You didn't get caught shagging the chairman's daughter did you,because if not you were robbed blind,your conditioning was hugely superior to the guys around you.If you had placed top 3 it would have been suspect let alone no placing at all.

I hope you destroy them next time.

#23 ·
Lol what is going on here. The guy in pink has no cuts what so ever.

Your legs are the best by an absolute mile, not sure the others even train legs. Your conditioning looks great, legs ate certainly very lean.

I would have been seriously ****ed after that, the guy in purple doing the front lat spread is hilarious.

#24 ·
gearchange said:
I am shocked at those pics mate. It is black and white.You didn't get caught shagging the chairman's daughter did you,because if not you were robbed blind,your conditioning was hugely superior to the guys around you.If you had placed top 3 it would have been suspect let alone no placing at all.

I hope you destroy them next time.
elliot1989 said:
Defiantly the best out of those buddy. You had a lot more definition
Sambuca said:
ye wtf lol how the hell u not place???????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am genuinely confused
biggestdog2007 said:
Lol what is going on here. The guy in pink has no cuts what so ever.

Your legs are the best by an absolute mile, not sure the others even train legs. Your conditioning looks great, legs ate certainly very lean.

I would have been seriously ****ed after that, the guy in purple doing the front lat spread is hilarious.
Thanks a lot for the support guys..

I have a sneaky suspicion as to why I didn't place, but if I post it publicly it'll likely reflect at the next show I do too. If anyone is genuinely interested then I could explain over PM. It's very petty and no juicy gossip at all - but it's the only logical thing I can think of.

In the meantime, I'm using it as motivation to look even better so that there's no doubt next time!

That being said, if I bust my balls again to get in that condition and don't get a look in... I won't ever compete in the same fed again. It's a really sh1t feeling to essentially put your life on hold for 17 weeks, spend X amount on food/supplements to not get a fair look-in when it comes to being on stage.

Hey ho!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.