Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Birth Control for Girls?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm thinking of going on the IUD personally but i'm unsure after hearing a few nightmare stories lol. a friend of mine who competes (she is on anabolic steroids) But she is incredibly well built told me that on the pill she normally holds 4-5lbs of water and finds it also goes against the steroids she uses.

She said for me even though i've not used anything that she feels it slows down "fat burning" and can prevent muscle gain, i've checked a ton online and find information to be mixed match some girls say it do others say it doesn't I was told Yasmin is a good option from many girls But the problem with that is It completely kills my will to have sex. (Apparently a common side effect) And i'm a sex fiend so really not an option for me.

I really don't want to have kids at all (this is something that wont ever change)

So the IUD is something i've been looking at the copper one none hormonal. But I was wondering if any of you have

any experience with essure? Or what you would take.. Ideally.. I'd like women with experience to respond (for obvious reasons)

Posted

Hysterectomy?

Posted

Oh please.....

The coil has some side effects, poosibly heavier and/or more painful periods but it's not a given. I can't imagine having it fitted is too pleasant (I chickened out, the thought of a local anaesthetic jab in my cervix put me off somewhat) but I was going for a gynefix, which is a string of copper beads, especially designed for people that haven't had kids (and have a less stretchy cervix lol)

However I don't want kids at all, ever, so I got sterilised. Not Essure (not even sure of it's availablility in the UK) just standard clipped tubes. Had it done 5 years ago and has been fine (well I've not got pregnant), the actual procedure is a day in hospital, general anaesthetic, and I took the next day off work. Couple of tiny stitches, and a teeny little scar.

Some local health authorities arte a bit anti though and certainly won't touch you if you're under 30.

Posted

a bottle of whiskey and a knitting needle.

Posted

Oh please.....

The coil has some side effects, poosibly heavier and/or more painful periods but it's not a given. I can't imagine having it fitted is too pleasant (I chickened out, the thought of a local anaesthetic jab in my cervix put me off somewhat) but I was going for a gynefix, which is a string of copper beads, especially designed for people that haven't had kids (and have a less stretchy cervix lol)

However I don't want kids at all, ever, so I got sterilised. Not Essure (not even sure of it's availablility in the UK) just standard clipped tubes. Had it done 5 years ago and has been fine (well I've not got pregnant), the actual procedure is a day in hospital, general anaesthetic, and I took the next day off work. Couple of tiny stitches, and a teeny little scar.

Some local health authorities arte a bit anti though and certainly won't touch you if you're under 30.

first woman i've ever seen with absolutely zero maternal instinct lol

Posted

Not having sex generally works.

Posted

I'm thinking of going on the IUD personally but i'm unsure after hearing a few nightmare stories lol. a friend of mine who competes (she is on anabolic steroids) But she is incredibly well built told me that on the pill she normally holds 4-5lbs of water and finds it also goes against the steroids she uses.

She said for me even though i've not used anything that she feels it slows down "fat burning" and can prevent muscle gain, i've checked a ton online and find information to be mixed match some girls say it do others say it doesn't I was told Yasmin is a good option from many girls But the problem with that is It completely kills my will to have sex. (Apparently a common side effect) And i'm a sex fiend so really not an option for me.

I really don't want to have kids at all (this is something that wont ever change)

So the IUD is something i've been looking at the copper one none hormonal. But I was wondering if any of you have

any experience with essure? Or what you would take.. Ideally.. I'd like women with experience to respond (for obvious reasons)

Back passage

Posted

Anal sex :whistling:

Not for everytime!

Posted

Oh please.....

Thank you! Yes they keep complaining because i've not had "kids" that it is "wrong" But I feel exactly the same way you do. I've had to change GPS over it. (My gp has 6 kids lol) so she couldn't understand I just dont have any maternal instincts.

Posted

Not having sex generally works.

Also a bit of a crap life too.

Posted

Not for everytime!

ok, your mouth and in between the t!tties are the other choices :) :)

Posted

I've just started being back on the pill after being off for several years, Yasmin which I've never had before and I'm not liking it. Holding water and moods not good. Only gone back on for health reasons and need to stay on it constantly at the minute but soon as I can come off, I'm off.

Not affected sex drive though, but sides will be different for everyone.

Was never on the pill throughout prep etc, and wouldn't be.

Posted

i'm a sex fiend

I've had a vasectomy, so If there's anything I can do to help you out with that - just ask. :D

You don't even have to ask nicely

Posted

Best contraception for woman....there isn't one it's each womans body's reaction.

Some will have bad sides with one type and another will have none

The most common are

The pill

The coil the hormonal and none hormanal

The implant

But everyone will react different

Posted

Abstinence??

Failing that try planning and working out when your ovulating and avoid sex during your fertile period.

I've been researching a lot about this since my wife suggested I get the snip, that ain't happening so we just do the above and I pull it out last minute just in case ;-))

Posted

our lass uses the coil but its shaped more like a crucifix (copper) affects her periods , some arre heavy some are not also moods are affected .

any hormonal contraceptive will be bad for holding water .

perhaps use the pill off season then when prepping come off it and have partner/s wear condoms during that phase .

Posted

Biscuit tin.

He stands on it during sex and you watch his eyes. When they start to cross, kick it...

Posted

a gram of test, 800mg deca each week and 100mg of vitamin Dbol a day should see you good:thumbup1:

Posted

first woman i've ever seen with absolutely zero maternal instinct lol

Really? Apparently over 40% of women born in the 70s won't be having kids..... of all my friends, the ones with children are in a minority :D

Thank you! Yes they keep complaining because i've not had "kids" that it is "wrong" But I feel exactly the same way you do. I've had to change GPS over it. (My gp has 6 kids lol) so she couldn't understand I just dont have any maternal instincts.

Some of them are worried you'll change your mind then want a reversal or IVF or something....quite patronising I know, not like when you get pregnant, have you ever heard of a doctor saying 'Are you sure you wnat it? You won't change your mind? :rolleyes:

My doctor said 'Well I'll refer you, but they won't agree with it'

A month later I was in the consultants office signing the consent form, and being given a date for four weeks later for the op. Result :D Just wear them down, my mates doc sent her to hospitals in the next county knowing their policy was to avoid sterilisations for pretty much everyone claiming our local hospital didn't fund it...the cheek! (she got it done in the end, a few weeks after me, at our local hospital lol)

Way I see it, I'm saving the NHS a fortune in pills, coils, doctors appointments, possible abortion.....

However, there are some utter fuds on this thread :mad:

Posted

Really? Apparently over 40% of women born in the 70s won't be having kids..... of all my friends, the ones with children are in a minority :D

Some of them are worried you'll change your mind then want a reversal or IVF or something....quite patronising I know, not like when you get pregnant, have you ever heard of a doctor saying 'Are you sure you wnat it? You won't change your mind? :rolleyes:

My doctor said 'Well I'll refer you, but they won't agree with it'

A month later I was in the consultants office signing the consent form, and being given a date for four weeks later for the op. Result :D Just wear them down, my mates doc sent her to hospitals in the next county knowing their policy was to avoid sterilisations for pretty much everyone claiming our local hospital didn't fund it...the cheek! (she got it done in the end, a few weeks after me, at our local hospital lol)

Way I see it, I'm saving the NHS a fortune in pills, coils, doctors appointments, possible abortion.....

However, there are some utter fuds on this thread :mad:

We have 2 children and I went for a vasectomy, as my wife can't take the pill. Doctor made us go for an interview and then having agreed to go ahead, they still would't give me the op for 6 months, as this would give us time to cool off.

Must be frustrating for you though, as you know what you want and they are still fobbing you off.