Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone know the best way to get a PS4 before Christmas?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Pre-orders placed now don't guarantee delivery before xmas. What's the chance of getting one over the counter? any other ideas?

Posted

eBay probably your only hope, expect to be ripped off though

Posted

I imagine Tesco will do what they did with the Xbox One launch - they opened most of their Extra stores at midnight and offered the Xbox One on a first come, first served basis.

Posted

Yes you can buy from me for 1k :)

Posted

Serious?

Posted

Serious?

Serious

Posted

eBay probably your only hope, expect to be ripped off though

I won't pay over the odds for one but...

I imagine Tesco will do what they did with the Xbox One launch - they opened most of their Extra stores at midnight and offered the Xbox One on a first come, first served basis.

I will que and..

as above...

Posted

What comes with it?

Diamond encrusted controllers I'd hope

Posted

It's good that we have such nice members that will happily rip each other off as long as they make a tidy profit:thumbup1:

Posted

Best thing is wait til after xmas as think about it its only one day and youll not be ripped off by the dick turpins

Posted

What comes with it?

Tears and an empty wallet

Posted

Best way?

I imagine finding someone with one and stealing it.

Posted

Best thing is wait til after xmas as think about it its only one day and youll not be ripped off by the dick turpins

Your probably right Trev but I don't get to play on my console anywhere near as much as I'd like to with work, family and being too tired so I want to make the most of the time I get off over xmas by playing as much COD Ghosts on the PS4 as poss.

Posted

Your probably right Trev but I don't get to play on my console anywhere near as much as I'd like to with work, family and being too tired so I want to make the most of the time I get off over xmas by playing as much COD Ghosts on the PS4 as poss.

Well that's understandable mate

Im just lost that everytime a new console comes out never enough is made..Happens everytime

Posted

It's good that we have such nice members that will happily rip each other off as long as they make a tidy profit:thumbup1:

It's called business.

If he went through the trouble of getting one ahead of time he has the ability to honorably charge whatever he likes.

I have tubs of Driven Sports Craze that I now sell for $200 each when they cost me $26 a piece.

I make a lot of people very happy ;-)

Ser likes this

Posted (edited)

It's called business.

If he went through the trouble of getting one ahead of time he has the ability to honorably charge whatever he likes.

I have tubs of Driven Sports Craze that I now sell for $200 each when they cost me $26 a piece.

I make a lot of people very happy ;-)

I can agree with what you're saying, well, everything except the "honourable" part.

There is nothing honourable about buying something with the sole intention of taking advantage of the people who actually want a console but can't because of people doing this.

Edited by tommyc2k7

Posted

Have you tried Argos? They might be able to tell you when your able to receive it :)

Posted

I can agree with what you're saying, well, everything except the "honourable" part.

There is nothing honourable about buying something with the sole intention of taking advantage of the people who actually want a console but can't because of people doing this.

But it's just a games console. It's not like people 'need' to have it now. If they want to pay stupid money to get it early then that's up to them.

Posted

Well that's understandable mate

Im just lost that everytime a new console comes out never enough is made..Happens everytime

Agreed. I managed to get a PS3 without issue when it was first released but they cost a fortune. I paid nearly £500 for the console and Resistance. The Wii was the worst one. I new a lad in WH Smiths that gave me a tip off about when they were getting them so my daughter got lucky that Christmas because they were like rocking horse sh1t.

Have you tried Argos? They might be able to tell you when your able to receive it :)

I've looked on the sites of all the retailers I can think of to try and get one but there all basically saying that if you pre order now you more than likely wont get one till after xmas. I don't think there allowed to sell them all on a pre-order basis though ( I could be wrong ) so I'm gonna try midnight on launch night and try my luck. Dunno where will be best place to go though. If I don't have any luck I'll order one and wait.

Posted

yes argos or toys r us,,its £336 I think there

Posted

Honestly I would wait till early 2014, the choice right now is really meh and you will get cheaper, better deals in just two months time.

Posted

Im sure waiting until after xmas some sort of package will come out a few quid cheaper..im waiting until the novelty wears off.

Posted

Honestly I would wait till early 2014, the choice right now is really meh and you will get cheaper, better deals in just two months time.

Im sure waiting until after xmas some sort of package will come out a few quid cheaper..im waiting until the novelty wears off.

I'm not so sure. I think the games will come down in price in 6 months to a years time but £350 for a launch console is very good and I think they will stay that price until after next xmas. The choice of games is pretty limited but a good few of my PSN buddies are gettin one with COD Ghosts so that and Fifa 14 will do me for a bit.