Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is bread bad in a diet

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally starting my 6 week diet/training plan tomorrow and have a diet plan set out, although it includes sandwiches for lunch. Will eating bread affect my progress or not? Because I've heard people say its bad in a diet and people say its good?

Posted

Not a pro on diet by any means but I'd stick to seeded brown bread. You can get a loaf for a quid in Aldi and it has about 5g of protein in each slice.

Posted

sliced white bread is crap please don't include that in your diet its very hi gi..do you know about gi? if your going to eat bread use something like warbutons seeded (wholegrain) or burgens soya/linseed they are good source of complex carbs and protien high though it's not 8 essentials type protien it's still much better bread than white sliced..

Posted

depends on how strict you wan be mate bread in moderation on cut is fine,,but not for show,,

Posted

Not a pro on diet by any means but I'd stick to seeded brown bread. You can get a loaf for a quid in Aldi and it has about 5g of protein in each slice.

great minds think alike! we must have written that at same time..

this is the way to go though..much more nutritious

Posted

I'll happily eat plain white bread on a cut. It's about knowing when to eat what, as much as it is knowing what to eat.

Posted

As long as it fits into your macros. fine at the start of a diet when you have a bigger calorie allowance but when those kcals start getting low u gotta tighten diet a bit

Posted

30g of protein per 2 slices? Has it got a fillet steak in between them? :)

That made me hungry! But honestly 30g per 2 slices :-) It was just in the Daily Mail and been all over the internet recently, new bread that is high in protein AND tastes like bread! :-)

Posted

Check the fat content on seeded breads. Normally more fat and crumbsofteners are used to stop it drying out.

I had bread in my diet during my cut. Didn't do me any harm.

Posted

White bread is satan.

Posted

Sandwiches once a day will be fine, as long as you aren't having half a loaf in the one go lol.

Posted

For those who don't want to fork out on the protein bread (I probs will this week but...I'm a sick b*stard) Try Vogels Soy & Linseed bread it's about £1.50 in Tesco and tastes really nice with Peanut butter n Jam (My guilty pleasure) 5g of protein per slice 10g minimum per sarnie...decent start I'd say

Posted

Unless you are allergic to bread its fine.