UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Contraception help needed

3K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Was_Eric 
#1 ·
Turning this muscle building forum into a NHS sexual help clinic haha

Anyway my partner and I are sexually active but in all modesty we don't agree to a child till we're officially settled. Being a man, I strongly disagree with condoms. We've looked into implants etc but wanted your advice on what would be the safest contraception for her? With least side effects? Cheers

#3 ·
HAWKUS said:
Good as excuse as any to take sh1t loads of steroids...get full of tren and test and kiss goodbye to having a kid :D
Cheers but we do plan to have children in the future! Haha

Lee Maggs said:
My misses has a mariner coil fitted. She hasn't fell pregnant plus she doesn't have periods :)))))
Cheers for that buddy. Is this a safe bet?

#8 ·
Muscle Maniac said:
Turning this muscle building forum into a NHS sexual help clinic haha

Anyway my partner and I are sexually active but in all modesty we don't agree to a child till we're officially settled. Being a man, I strongly disagree with condoms. We've looked into implants etc but wanted your advice on what would be the safest contraception for her? With least side effects? Cheers
I`m surprised she even wants to have sex with you if that's your attitude. Wow. :thumbdown:

#10 ·
Cactus87 said:
I`m surprised she even wants to have sex with you if that's your attitude. Wow. :thumbdown:
This. Being a man? If you were being a man you would take equal responsibility and not force her intomessing up her hormones for years just because you don't like a bit of inconvenience.....believe me the pill is bloody inconvenient.....

For the record II'd go with a non hormonal coil.....2-5 years and unlikely to mess her up. The I jection gave me horrible side effects... (acne and weird weight gain)

#13 ·
The biscuit tin method, though only really practical if she is taller than you.

You have sex standing up with you on top of a biscuit tin filled with pebbles. When the tin starts to rattle, she kicks it from under you.

Serious answer: go to the family planning clinic together and discuss the various options with a professional.

#14 ·
for all those that say there missus got pregnant on the pill theres a difference between been on the pill and taking it properly and getting pregnant to which theres a 0.01% chance and been on the pill but not taking it properly and missing days. its highly effective when taken properly.

#16 ·
ASOC5 said:
for all those that say there missus got pregnant on the pill theres a difference between been on the pill and taking it properly and getting pregnant to which theres a 0.01% chance and been on the pill but not taking it properly and missing days. its highly effective when taken properly.
So those that say their partners got pregnant on the pill are correct. I mean you just stated its true above. So your reply was pretty pointless really wasn't it?

And you do know there's one than one pill don't you? And everyone reacts differently to each one. So is that 0.01% chance related to just females on the correct pill or any pill? Surely if you're on the wrong pill the chances would be greater yes?

#19 ·
bigmitch69 said:
So those that say their partners got pregnant on the pill are correct. I mean you just stated its true above. So your reply was pretty pointless really wasn't it?

No, it wasn't. The pill is VERY effective. He was perhaps saying those who got pregnant while on the pill probably weren't taking it properly.

And you do know there's one than one pill don't you? And everyone reacts differently to each one. So is that 0.01% chance related to just females on the correct pill or any pill? Surely if you're on the wrong pill the chances would be greater yes?
Correct pill? There are many different brands of pill but only really 3 'types', two of which are in common use in the UK.

The combined pill contains oestrogen and a progesterone, which mimics pregnancy (amongst other things). There are different doses of pill, which means some are taken for 21 days some for 24 (ED pills are 21 day pills with 7 dummy pills), and also triphasic pills where the dose differs throughout the month. Some have differing side effects in different people but all will be equally effective.

The progesterone only pill contains a single hormone and is taken every day, and there is less margin for error but is preferred use in older women, smokers etc - is effectively the same hormone that's in the implant, injection and hormonal coil. Used properly, it is also extremely effective.

There is some margin for error with the combined pill, but it's not very big....

#20 ·
bigmitch69 said:

no not really my point is if you dont take it correctly you will get pregnant the chances are significantly higher are they not but you still hear these people say "ohh yeh i was on the pill when i got caught with little dave"

and the different brands have different % of the hormones dosnt affect the reliability its simply which hormone balance best suits the user they all stop pregnancy its just a case of which poses the best balance of side effects

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.