Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

what foods must be avoided when trying to cut bodyfat

25 posts in this topic

Posted

hi i have been sticking to my diet but have been told some of it is not good when trying to get a six pack

7.00 am one sachet of the quaker oats with 2 boiled eggs black coffee and 1 multi vit and 2 cla

10.00 turkey chicken or pork on brown bun with salad or scrambled egg an beans on 2 brown toast black coffee 2 l carnitine

12.30 110g of salmon plus 100g of rice with salad black coffe 2 l carnitine

2.30 2 boiled eggs an danio yoghurt

4.00 protein shake 1 scoop of native whey (myprotein.com) and creatine mixed with water

4.30 train 45 mins weigths 4 days a week cardio 2 days for 40 mins a time

5.30 banana and protein shake

7.00 steak salmon or chicken 100g roughly with either 100g of rice or broccoli carrots and cauliflower 2 cla

9.00 2 boiled eggs and or peanut butter (couple of table spoons)

10.30 before bed 1 scoop of protein with 200ml of semi skimmed milk

drink about 2 and a half litres of water plus 3 coffees plus water in shakes

but recently read that bananas and grapes etc should be avoided completely when trying to cut up some advice regarding what to eat an not to eat would be great cheers in advance for any help

Posted

Anything that takes you over your set calorie intake should be avoided.

Who told you to avoid bananas and grapes? Never listen to that person again.

Posted

Just hit your macros fella - while trying to eat healthy foods to get there.

Posted

Question going over on your protein macros for the day, would this result in much fat gain if your carbs are below 100g and fat below 90g???

Posted

Question going over on your protein macros for the day, would this result in much fat gain if your carbs are below 100g and fat below 90g???

Any excess calls can lead to fat gain

Posted

hi i have been sticking to my diet but have been told some of it is not good when trying to get a six pack

7.00 am one sachet of the quaker oats with 2 boiled eggs black coffee and 1 multi vit and 2 cla

10.00 turkey chicken or pork on brown bun with salad or scrambled egg an beans on 2 brown toast black coffee 2 l carnitine

12.30 110g of salmon plus 100g of rice with salad black coffe 2 l carnitine

2.30 2 boiled eggs an danio yoghurt

4.00 protein shake 1 scoop of native whey (myprotein.com) and creatine mixed with water

4.30 train 45 mins weigths 4 days a week cardio 2 days for 40 mins a time

5.30 banana and protein shake

7.00 steak salmon or chicken 100g roughly with either 100g of rice or broccoli carrots and cauliflower 2 cla

9.00 2 boiled eggs and or peanut butter (couple of table spoons)

10.30 before bed 1 scoop of protein with 200ml of semi skimmed milk

drink about 2 and a half litres of water plus 3 coffees plus water in shakes

but recently read that bananas and grapes etc should be avoided completely when trying to cut up some advice regarding what to eat an not to eat would be great cheers in advance for any help

i would drop the carbs.

Posted

what are your stats?

weight? bf%?

that seems alot of food to me for a cut.

Posted

All about the macros! I can cut nicely eating McDs!lol

Posted

chocolate and sweets for me and just any dessert! I'd presume anything with lots of sugar in it. But its nice to have a little treat here and there to keep yourself sane :)

Posted

I have to cut carbs to cut fat. Calories rarely matter for me, aslong as I get the carbs down.

Some people are different.

Posted

Since recently cutting carbs I already feel a little tighter

Posted

what are your stats?

weight? bf%?

that seems alot of food to me for a cut.

Hi mate I am 6ft tall weigh 13stone 3lbs and my body fat is around 18%

Posted

Anything that takes you over your set calorie intake should be avoided.

Who told you to avoid bananas and grapes? Never listen to that person again.

Hi mate read it on bodybuilding.com on one of the diet plans said u should always avoid bananas and grapes etc

Posted

Hi mate read it on bodybuilding.com on one of the diet plans said u should always avoid bananas and grapes etc

LMAO

Posted

Bananas and grapes are quite high on the glycemic scale - best fruits to eat are berries (although I do like a banana with almond butter on it). Basically anything that is high on the glycemic scale can cause your body to release insulin and store the carbs as fat especially around your middle.

Posted

I don't typically recommend fruit on a cutting diet because people tend to go crazy on fruit in the baffling belief that it will cancel out all the other bad foods they've eaten throughout the day. Plus if I'm trying to keep their carbs reasonably low then all that sugar isn't going to help - I'm trying to disable their sweet tooth so even sugar free drinks are out.

Posted

Here's my cutting diet it might help:

7:30 - shake with whey, frozen blueberries, peanut butter, oats, olive oil, honey - first meal is a mix of fast and slow carbs, fibre and protein. Use oats only on training days btw

10:30 - chicken breast, handful of almonds and a couple of cheese triangles for the saturated fats and cos they taste amazing.

13:30 - can of tuna with a salad, olive oil and balsamic, dijon mustard, black pepper dressing takes 30 seconds to make.

16:30 - tin of sardines or mackerel and a handful of nuts, maybe cottage cheese and a couple of brown rice cakes if it's a training day you will need the extra carbs.

17:30 - BCAA pre-workout

18:00 - training

19:15 - PWO shake with a banana or some sugary carbs like sweets, jelly babies, jaffa cakes, maltodextrin etc

20:30 - lean meat (steak, chicken breast or fish) cooked in olive oil with a sweet potatoe and green veg within my 2 hour from training carb window.

22:30 - Whey shaken with water and tablespoon of Quark

23:00 - sleep

Macros are about:

2,400-2,600kcals:

250-260g protein

100-110g fats but only about 15-20 are saturated

50-100g carbs depending on if it's a training day or a day off.

Posted

Glycemic index is largely irrelevant when you're in a caloric deficit. I regularly eat cookies, ice cream, bananas (omg) and anything else I crave and it doesn't affect my weight loss. If you're that paranoid about eating sugar then have it around your workouts where it will be best utilised.

Posted

Bananas and grapes are quite high on the glycemic scale - best fruits to eat are berries (although I do like a banana with almond butter on it). Basically anything that is high on the glycemic scale can cause your body to release insulin and store the carbs as fat especially around your middle.

yum, I'm going to try that banana and butter

Posted

only problem with fruit on a diet imo is some of them arent very filling for the amount of calories

Posted

Glycemic index is largely irrelevant when you're in a caloric deficit. I regularly eat cookies, ice cream, bananas (omg) and anything else I crave and it doesn't affect my weight loss. If you're that paranoid about eating sugar then have it around your workouts where it will be best utilised.

or if GI is a problem go for honey, I find it really sweet, and yet surprising low on the GI scale

Posted

yum, I'm going to try that banana and butter

Its the best - I thought I liked peanut butter on a banana but almond butter is amazing!

Posted

Its the best - I thought I liked peanut butter on a banana but almond butter is amazing!

I sometimes grill a banana in its skin and goes soft and caramelly inside. Do you just smear chilled peanut butter on top?

Posted

I sometimes grill a banana in its skin and goes soft and caramelly inside. Do you just smear chilled peanut butter on top?

Yeah just almond or peanut butter on top of the banana - I chuck loads on! Really handy for a quick snack and a bit like a dessert too if youo have a sweet tooth!

Posted

So anyone got a list of definetly avoid foods an foods that should be eat wen cutting