Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The 30 day arm challenge

40 posts in this topic

Posted

THe thread itself is closed, but wanted to know more tbh [MENTION=22398]Milky[/MENTION] , so my understanding is it was 30 days to train arms has best you can and log the before and after pics etc and the winner is the most improved ?

So out of interest , what did most people actually do, I notice some gained by 0.5 inches, was that pumped up or cold ?

Did anyone actually hammer arms every single day ?

I'm interested to see what actually proved the best method here.

Posted

ye same here, interested in this

Posted

I do arms everyday.... always have lol

Posted

I am myself and only locked the thread to avoid any late entries and mither.

Posted

I am myself and only locked the thread to avoid any late entries and mither.

Yeah I know that, I just wanted to know more about how ppl trained and their results.

Posted

I do arms everyday.... always have lol

So it dont work then lol

Posted

[MENTION=14287]Patsy[/MENTION] *high five*

Posted

So it dont work then lol

HEY

slow progress is progress! :D

Posted

Well to those who put on half an inch in a month, what did they do ?

Posted

Well to those who put on half an inch in a month, what did they do ?

spoke to a lad yesterday who was part of the challenge and he put 0.5 - 1" on in the 30 days doing bi's and tri's every other day - e.g monday bi's, tuesday tri's, wed bi's etc etc

Posted

I actually gained over an inch. I was training bis n tris every day alternately but the last week I was struggling with that so just went back to my normal 5 day split

Posted

I put on 1/2 an inch cold on my arms but I only managed 20 days due to illness...

Posted

I'm interested to know more

As if someone did improve by doing arms every day or every other day, clearly over training is a good thing??

Posted

Might throw in a few sets of dips and pull ups at the end of each workout if 1/2inch can be gained in 30 days!

Posted

Might try this then. But did people train their arms every workout session or literally every day 7 days a week? Because if I were to do it on my workouts I would only get 16 arm sessions in within 30 days... at that rate it would take just under 60 days to get 30 sessions in.

Posted

i fcuked up and couldnt sort pics for the final. my own fault for leaving it last min :sad:

Posted

seems the guys that got the most out of it were those that were smashing them daily

i was only doing them twice a week. was harder than i thought fitting them into my split with all the other stuff i was doing

Posted

I gained half an inch and did hammer curls and side lateral raises daily I used light weights and out the 30days I think I only missed a couple..I'm going to carry on and see how I get on

Posted

I gained half an inch and did hammer curls and side lateral raises daily I used light weights and out the 30days I think I only missed a couple..I'm going to carry on and see how I get on

What kind of volume did you use? I imagine doing them every day you wouldn't need much volume at all?

I do a 4 day split at current and thinking I might try this 30 day arms thing and just do my cardio on the extra days.

I'm cutting though and about to cut my diet even further next week :( might not have the same gains as some.

Posted

What kind of volume did you use? I imagine doing them every day you wouldn't need much volume at all?

I do a 4 day split at current and thinking I might try this 30 day arms thing and just do my cardio on the extra days.

I'm cutting though and about to cut my diet even further next week :( might not have the same gains as some.

I was also meant to be cutting but I fell off a few times its nit junk food I just tend to over eat, with the arm routine i kept it simple as I lose interest easily lol

Hammer curls 10kg 15x5

Side lateral raises 10kg 5x5

I'm thinking of going slightly heavier but carry on daily..

Posted

So higher volume seems to work, but I guess if you went heavy you'd never recover enough to do other body parts.

Posted

[MENTION=22398]Milky[/MENTION] did we find out who the winner was?

Oh sh*t !

Was meant to contact Whey man tonight but been distracted.....

Sorry chaps...

Uriel likes this

Posted

I trained either biceps or triceps every day. Then on a chest/tricep I'd do biceps and on back/biceps day I'd do triceps. I did a mixture of heavy/low reps and light/high reps. Added half an inch cold.

Posted

it seems it works then, for everyone who was involved what routine did you use?

How many sets and reps etc