Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Halal Chicken ?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

i recebtly got 10kg of halal chicken breasts from macro, Just made 2 there and they tatse kinda funny ?? there in date and opnly bought like 2 weeks ago they came frozen and have been frozen eversince

any1 used this or found this with halal chicken ?

Posted

Yeah i buy loads of halal chicken from smithfields. I think it tastes different so wont eat it myself, but everyone else seems to like it.

Posted

why would it taste any different? I don't 100% agree with halal or kosher but its only the way its killed.

Posted

why would it taste any different? I don't 100% agree with halal or kosher but its only the way its killed.

I dont know it just tastes different. Maybe im used to eating **** tesco chicken all my life, and this is actually good stuff. Everyone i buy it for says it tastes different but they like it

Posted

I dont know it just tastes different. Maybe im used to eating **** tesco chicken all my life, and this is actually good stuff. Everyone i buy it for says it tastes different but they like it

probably because the stuff your buying a tesco is full of pottasuim and other preservatives to make it last longer.chicken from butchers doesnt last aslong,thats y

Posted

Halal or not chicken is chicken, I'll buy the best quality i can for my money thats all that counts.

It tastes the same to me, but then again i marinade my chicken so maybe thats why i may not be able to taste the difference.

But surely the way its killed cant effect the taste in the same way as the way its fed and housed.

Posted

probably because the stuff your buying a tesco is full of pottasuim and other preservatives to make it last longer.chicken from butchers doesnt last aslong,thats y

Ive had chicken from the local butcher and have liked it. Its just this halal stuff tastes different, i cant explain it. I didn't specifically buy halal i just brought a box of chicken and didnt like it, and everyone else did and the second time i brought other people i realised it was halal.

Posted

Halal or not chicken is chicken, I'll buy the best quality i can for my money thats all that counts.

It tastes the same to me, but then again i marinade my chicken so maybe thats why i may not be able to taste the difference.

But surely the way its killed cant effect the taste in the same way as the way its fed and housed.

I know it sounds stupid, but it does taste different. Everyone i buy it for says it but they like it. Unless it has got somehting to do with what it is fed on, like corn fed chicken taste different but that is slightly yellow in colour.

Posted

halal or not buy fresh chicken. frozen supermarket sh!te tastes exactly that lol

Posted

Halal chicken taste a little different to me too ... but not much different to regular chicken. still good thought.

Posted

halal or not buy fresh chicken. frozen supermarket sh!te tastes exactly that lol

All the meat i buy comes from smithfields up london, all of it is pretty fresh.

Posted

cost a bomb halal chicken ...but cicken is chicken..

Posted

I know it sounds stupid, but it does taste different. Everyone i buy it for says it but they like it. Unless it has got somehting to do with what it is fed on, like corn fed chicken taste different but that is slightly yellow in colour.

Fair play mate, as long as it isn't that 3 week frozen stuff they like to call fresh i'll eat it :D

Posted

I prefer halal lamb and can taste the diff right away. Never been able to tell with the chicken though.

Posted

cost a bomb halal chicken ...but cicken is chicken..

£20 for 5kg up smithfields, big breasts and they dont shrink either

Posted

they say you can taste the fear of the animal in the meat... wonder if its that :devil2:

Posted

I buy fresh and British... halal chicken is often imported. They use the cheapest meat possible usually. All meat from NZ is halal as they export to Asia so I guess it avoids complications.

If you wonder how I know this I live on a farm in the NW so know the meat trade fairly well.

Posted

halal is just the way the bird was killed.. its not a flavouring..

Posted

the difference between halal lamb and normal lamb is normal lamb is stunned with electric to knock it out then they bleed it. Halal they say a prayer and then cut its throat and it bleeds fully concious.

Posted

halal is just the way the bird was killed.. its not a flavouring..

I know halal isnt flavouring. Halal means its lawful under islamic law and the aminals have their throats slit and bleed out. But to me its just tastes different so i dont eat it.

Posted

the difference between halal lamb and normal lamb is normal lamb is stunned with electric to knock it out then they bleed it. Halal they say a prayer and then cut its throat and it bleeds fully concious.

not while consious, the animal should die quickly.

if the animal is to endure a prolonged death it isnt halal due to the suffering caused.

halal isnt so that the animal hears the prayer as the animal dont give a flying f*ck, its just so the meat is blessed in the name of Allah.

but i agree with the rest though :thumb:

Posted

I bought 8 legs of venison for £90. Is this 2 deer ?

Posted

I bought 8 legs of venison for £90. Is this 2 deer ?

is it sad that i actually found this funny :D

Posted

Ha ha ha the crap ones are the best. Lol