Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Internal scar tissue - drugs to reduce?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone aware of any drugs that can be bought from guys like ADC that help reduce scar tissue?

Following my gyno surgery I am getting a large build up on side that is very hard and massaging isn't cutting it!

I'm seeing my gp but I prefer independence from them where possible. Cheers.

Posted

Keep on with the massaging bro it will make a difference, did they give you a cream to rub into it? cant remember the name,

im pretty sure there isn't a readily available drug that will make any difference, could be wrong though

Posted

Cheers Hacksii, I'm worried it might be keloid and its big and hard. Going to see what the gp thinks about it then decide what way to go, unless they offer me an injection to help reduce it.

Posted

I've not tried it myself but I've heard serrapeptase (think that's how you spell it) can help get rid of scar tissue. Google it and see what you think.

Posted

Well, I keloid badly, and at one point my doc said I could get corticol steroid injections like with a slin pin right into the scar to reduce the scar and make it less red.

I had my spleen taken out so my scar along with exploratory surgery has a super long 9" long by half inch wide and it looks nasty.

But the thought of like 100 injections into the scar just put me off.

Seen one black guy with gyno surgery and I swear the surgery looks like a hack job and is worse than the gyno.

Posted

Well my gp didn't think it was keloid, she just said it was a large build up of scar tissue... Which I thought was a keloid lol? Anyway...

I don't mind a few injections, i got used to 2 a day in my chest whilst draining fluid.

My surgery looks really good, no external scarring at all, it's just to internal scarring. My gyno was twice as big in leg and went quite a bit deeper which might explain the large scar tissue build up.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Posted

Hi Bensif,

I am really sorry to dig your thread up. I am about to book gyno surgery and wondered if you could answer some questions?

1) who did you go with?

2) whats the external scar look like and are you now flat?

3) what happened with the internal scar tissue? did it dissolve?

Well my gp didn't think it was keloid, she just said it was a large build up of scar tissue... Which I thought was a keloid lol? Anyway...

I don't mind a few injections, i got used to 2 a day in my chest whilst draining fluid.

My surgery looks really good, no external scarring at all, it's just to internal scarring. My gyno was twice as big in leg and went quite a bit deeper which might explain the large scar tissue build up.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Posted

corticol steriod for scare tissues is the dogs bollocks mate. yes there r issues if u have too many. but i had great results with multible doses