Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ITT I Show you how to do it properly - Broscience free zone

145 posts in this topic

Posted

About time I got a log on here. I need to get back into the swing of things after relocated back home to England from the other side of the world. I've been slacking off so about time I stopped making excuse for not being perfect :D

Height 5'6"

starting weight around 78KG

best lifts B: 115KG S: 150KG D: 215KG

I have been doing an upper/lower splits and variants of 5/3/1 for the past few years, but think i will struggle to make weights time for weights 4 times a week with other commitments. So looking at a full body/Upper/Lower or a FB/Push/Pull. Knowing me I will get frustrated and get back to doing a 4 day split! Lets see how we go!

Todays workout

FB

Cleans

60KG x 3 (x2)

70KG x 0 - this was weird as I can normally do a lot more, but i haven't done these in a few months, so i need to work up again

Squats

60KG x 5 (x2)

100KG x 5

120KG x 5 (x3)

felt a little weak today, so I will continue to work myself back up

Incline Bench

80KG x 5 (x3)

supersetted with

Yates Row

80KG x 8 (x3)

then

Seated BB Press

50KG x 5 (x3)

ss/

GHRs & Hamstring Curls

A nice workout to get back in the swing of things and was pretty quick as i did it during work lunch time.

oooooooooooooooooooooooSHHHH

Posted

Haha loving the log title!

Some strong looking lifts there for getting back into the swing of things!

How many calories do you eat? and will you be doing it all natural?

I'll be following this as an example of how it's done mate :thumbup1:

Posted

i've been a life time natty up until now. Not going to 'go enhanced' until i hit a brick wall, but I am starting to do some research there, just in case. I'm not going to count cals for the next few months. Just be sensible, eat good food choices and after september i will buckle down and maybe cut for a few month. I'm sure I will lose some fat with the intensity I train at :D

Posted

i was gonna ask what your lifts were as you seem to know a thing or 2 , how long have you been training for ?

Posted

Heya mate good to see a strong natty! You competed in PL? Nice seeing someone do some cleans too that's rare on here :)

The only lift I have you on is squat which is surprising as you are only 5'6 (:D) and you deadlift more than me lol are you a sumo puller?

Posted

i've been a life time natty up until now. Not going to 'go enhanced' until i hit a brick wall, but I am starting to do some research there, just in case. I'm not going to count cals for the next few months. Just be sensible, eat good food choices and after september i will buckle down and maybe cut for a few month. I'm sure I will lose some fat with the intensity I train at :D

Yeah i did months of research on aas and then I realised that i had better learn how to fvckin train properly and learn how to gain lean mass naturally before sticking a pin in my ass lol.

Your bodyfat looks pretty low to me! Is your avi recent?

Posted

I've put on a little more fat. As I've not been at a decent gym until today and staying with my folks who cook loads of awful **** which I can't resist. but the avi is a few months old

I should have my own pad next month so no excuses then. When I prepare my own food I can cut easy. I will post my diet too and show the bros how easy it is cut with fun food and still drinking booze.

I am really disappointed with my squat. I have scoliosis and mild lordosis which might be a factor. Either way, I must do better.

I would like to hit a 2x BW squat and a 3 x BW deadlift before pinning, but we'll see. I think I will avoid heavy singles on the bench as it smashes my wrists.

I pull sumo on low reps and conventional on high reps FYI

Thanks for contributing guys.

Posted

I will post my diet too and show the bros how easy it is cut with fun food and still drinking booze.

Looking forward to this mate. :thumbup1:

Posted

I'm away from home so can't get use of my laptop. Can't be remember the ins and outs of last week finish, but in a nutshell I did one session boxing one session upper volume.

Today's work out

Squats 125kg x 5 (x3)

Seated OHP 55kg x5 ( x3)

Decline press 90 kg x 5 (x3)

Then added in

80kg x 8 front squats

Some light tricep stuff

Wasn't too tough

Posted

Maybe I shouldn't have trained deadlifts after squats.

Only managed 3 at 160 which was rubbish.

Under hand rows 80kg x3 x5

Pull ups 4 x8

Some curls too

Posted

Okay. In new house. Commute is cut in half. Now let's cut my fat in half.

DECLINE BENCH

80 x 5

90 x 5

95x 5

97.5 x5

MACHINE SHOULDER PRESS

did about 6 sets working up to70 x10

All the previous were SS with a type of pull up pull down NTF

CGBP 60 x 8,8,7

Then some more chins and dips BW10/10 x2

Now having a nice 2k walk home whilst the girl cooks a chilli.

Only 1,2k cals so far today. Including fruit pastilles pre work out. Will fall short on protein macros tonight, but I'll make up for it tomorrow

Posted

I can't wait to see what sorts of things you eat doing this mate :thumb: Maybe get some ideas from it lol.

Any idea of your starting bodyfat etc? And what's your target?

Posted

So I finished on about 2k cals including red wine, cheese,WHITE rice, fruit pastilles and beef. Not all in one meal though.

I also had blueberries, cartots, raspberries, oats and whey.

I'm probably at 14% bf maybe a little less. I'm at 78-78.5kg do will aim for 75kg, and 10%ish which would be my lowest weigh for a long time. I would like to hit a double BW squat and triple BW DL Before i consider the dark side and lean bulk

Posted

I also would guess walking and cycling accounted for 300 cals burnt. So a net of 1700ish cals.

I never include lifting in calorie estimates

Posted (edited)

Lol It would've been one pretty fvcked up meal to have all come together!

I'd be starving on 2000cals though. At nearly 3000 i'm still hungry :laugh:

Triple BW deadlift will be more than worthy of a move to the darkside. Some guys can't even get near that on aas from what i can see!

Edited by bigtommay

Posted

SQUAT

60 x5, x5

100x5

110 x5

120x5

125 x5

127.5 x 5

DL

60x5

100x5

120 x5

140x5

And a few other bits and bobs.

Starting a new routine next week. PL oriented. Only the big 3 is planned and I will go by feel with the accessory

Posted

Calories probably just under 2k.

Lunch was half a chicken and 200g broccoli.

150g blackberries and a 2 scoop shake.

Some crisps. Just cos,

Dinner. More chilli and WHITE Rice and 2 lumps of cheese.

Posted

How much protein do you shoot for? and will you be doing much cardio with the cut?

Posted

Try and hit 150g protein minimum. I only hit 130 past few days, but I have had 150 today alway and will shoot for 200 today.

I do cardio as I see fit. Some times loads. Some times none. I did a crossfire thing today which was knackering and I'm sure will have ****ed up my workout for tomorrow.

Posted

Try and hit 150g protein minimum. I only hit 130 past few days, but I have had 150 today alway and will shoot for 200 today.

I do cardio as I see fit. Some times loads. Some times none. I did a crossfire thing today which was knackering and I'm sure will have ****ed up my workout for tomorrow.

No way man! It's got to be 500g like the bros say :laugh:

Crossfire? Sounds interesting. Is that like paintball/lasertag or something?

Posted

Lol. Crossfit. Autocorrect. I also did an MMA class in the evening. I'm hardcore

Posted

Lol. Crossfit. Autocorrect. I also did an MMA class in the evening. I'm hardcore

Ahh i see lol. And FAWK! How do you manage to get all that in and survive on the calorie deficit :laugh:

Posted

My legs we cramping a lot. Still. Won 3 rounds of sparring at the end :D

Dinner was chicken and bacon tagliatelle in a cream and pesto sauce with a glass of champagne. We were celebrating my GFs sister getting engaged.

Tasted great. Total cals for the day were about 2200 , but must have cleared 5-600 cals worth of cardio.

I lost a KG of sweat in MMA.

Got an accidental foot in face from someone grappling next to me and my training partner. Ouch. Slightly swollen chin now :(

Posted

Still have limited internet, so no real logging going on. In fact it was a cutting fail this weekend. It was my GFs Mums birthday this weekend and being Italian, there was lots of food in volved. big meal out on saturday and a buffet feast on sunday. All good food (lasange, anti pasti, potatoes, salad, cheese), but lots of it. after a 3 hour drive I ended up in Burger king. Whoops. Then Monday night, my boss took the team out to top city resaurant and i'm not going to waste the opportunity for fine wines and michelin starred cooking for free.

anyhoo, better make up for it in the gym

Monday

decline bench 92.5 x 6 x 3

Squat 120 x 2 x 6

incline bench 70 x 2 x 10

Front Squat 60 x 2 x 10

chins 3 x F

tris 2 x F

I did all that in 35 mins, not sure what was more sore, my muscles or my heart.

Today.

Worked up to a single rep of 200KG on the deadlift

then worked down to 140KG x 2 x 5

Then did

lying ham curls 60KG x 3 x 15

Pull ups 3 x 2RBF

rows

curls

Posted

man you fly through those sessions.

Would it be beneficial for me to take less rest outside of power day?