Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

what does everyone do for a living and does it effect your training?

73 posts in this topic

Posted

as the title. I work for a financial recruitment company, so just in an office all day, can eat when I want etc never fatigued physically from it, so I've got it quite easy. What does everyone else do?

Posted (edited)

decorator self employed so can do as i please eating training wise bit of a strain on knees and back at times tho!

keeps me moving tho and shoulders get a working 5 days a wk stops me geting fat (too fat) also!

Edited by Simspin

Posted

i run a night club befroe that i worked on a pig farm.I fit my training around work and home life

Posted

I work from home as a web developer so don't really have an excuse not to exercise as I can be quite felixible with how I use my time. It does mean that's there's always food available but I only have healthy stuff in the house and it means that I can prepare some decent fresh food.

I found things far more difficult when I worked in an office in Birmingham...the last thing I felt like doing after work was exercise.

Posted

I work in Close Protection/Surveillance and it's a fvcking nightmare for training. Currently I have a viral infection from 1 week of averaging about 4 hours sleep a night with a 24 hour shift thrown in as well, plus I can't take sick day's so being at work now hanging out of my 4rse will make recovering harder, but such is life. Having said that I do more Crossfit type training now as it's easier to work into my schedule than full on bodybuilding type workouts.

Posted

Cops - on shifts . Do 10 hour afternoons , mornings from 7am and nights . Total nightmare to get sleep and food right and also being able to train

Bought a power rack and weights for the garage because of problems getting to the gym

Posted

Electrical and Refrigeration Engineer, work 12 1/2 hours shifts, 4 days on 4 days off. Gym is full of muppets in the evening when i finish. Always rammed, have let far too many people join the gym. Although after a shift i'm knackered any way. Eating is not a problem though

Posted

I work from home as a web developer so don't really have an excuse not to exercise as I can be quite felixible with how I use my time. It does mean that's there's always food available but I only have healthy stuff in the house and it means that I can prepare some decent fresh food.

I found things far more difficult when I worked in an office in Birmingham...the last thing I felt like doing after work was exercise.

Wooh a pretty girl that does the same job as me, now I can finally prove to my Mrs were not all nerds! as she often likes to point out!

Posted

I do shift work for a water compay, but do IT related work. I do 2 days, 2 nights off for 4 days, suits my training to a T. Perfect for me :)

Posted

Tree surgeon for utility's. Ball ache to eat during the day and not in the mood to lift after a hard day until I get a few scopes of jack 3D in me!!

Posted

Landscaper / garden .. Not to bad for foood as we can go where want . Not so goood when your sore from gym thoo but lots of walking soo saves me doing cardio in the gym :)

Posted

In the army. Sounds good as we do a lot of exercise but not what I want to do. Want to get bulked not run my self into the ground.

Posted

builder on price so diet can be slightly affected during the day

Posted

I make fuel aviation systems for civil and military aircrafts. Get a break every 2hrs so eating at work is no problem :)

Posted

training to become a pilot.

doesn't effect gym to bad as the schedule is mostly the same, if it does change i have enough time to sort things out and work around it.

always good food available and i can always bring my own so its all good in that aspect.

Posted

Gas Safe Registered Plumber - self employed. Eat when I want, sometimes I'm too tired to get to gym, or I finish too late at the gym's closed!

Posted

Bar Manager.... 8 to 13 hours shifts. Sometimes too tired to go to the gym.

Posted

Wooh a pretty girl that does the same job as me, now I can finally prove to my Mrs were not all nerds! as she often likes to point out!

We are all nerds :)

I work in IT and Web I run my own business so i can do whatever the fook i want :)

My job has taken 2nd place to training for the past 5 weeks though!, Sounds bad don't it.

Posted

Gym Instructor so never out of the place, breaks aren't to bad either.

Posted

London Cab Driver, work nights, train in the afternoon when gym is less busier

Posted

Self employed work is in my dreams if i get sleep:laugh:

Posted

Project manager, mon to fri 8.30 to 4.30. Eat what I want, when I want ( but stick to 10.30 / 1.00 & 3.50 ). I train late in the day as have small children and evenings are very busy. Train any nights I like 8pm to 9pm, 7 days a week. The hours of work are ideal for my training and family life shame about the pay...

Posted

i work as a shop manager...

sounds a piece of p1ss but its 10 hours straight ( minimum, usually 11 or 12 ) 5 days a week, plus the 2hour round trip...

then i train with wifey and she does an 8 - 4.30 shift while i do 10 - 8 so were in the gym at 6am for an hour or so

christ, when i just re read that im not surprised im fooked

Posted

Im self employed and work in construction. Can eat anytime and gym after work, or if im working away from home i usually find a gym in the area.

Posted

at the moment im on the dole. yeah it does affect my training as i dont have enough cash for food or steroids, i do have more time for training and cardio though