Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What protein do you use & which have you seen best results from?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all just seeing what protein you guys have used & what gains you have seen. I have just bought myself a tub of Muscletech hardcore pro series. Can anybody shed some light on this brand? Also which are the ones to stay away from im sure there is some dogey cheap ass ones out there.

Posted

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard: Cookies and cream is my favourite, great taste and nutritional profile. Quite pricey though.

Currently using gaspari myofusion and it tastes superb however slightly low in protein compared to others.

Posted

Protein is protein. Get it from food

Posted

Muscle tech = overhyped crap

Posted

Reflex one stop xtreme / usn muscle fuel anabolic. Everything in it everyone raves on about. Bang it down.

Posted

Good question.

I saw a huge difference when taking USN hyperbolic mass. Vanilla flavour - tasted great. I always want to get it again but it ain't cheap and I'm a lot more clued up on supplements now to know that I can get more protein per scoop and more servings per £££.

Horses for courses, of course. And I agree, protein is protein. :) But I guess different brands/releases can suit a person's diet/training/body type more than another. Sugars, carbs, slow/fast release AAs etc etc...

Posted

You seriously can't beat Nutrisport 90+. Cheap, wicked profile & tastes good.

I just got some choc flavour. 2 scoops of that with 500ml of water and 15ml of Udo's oil. Fcuking banging.

Posted

Seconded for Nutrisport 90+ if you want value for money. Not the best tasting though IMO.

Posted

Pure Tren Whey maxx,, feels like your on steds..:rolleyes:

Posted

protein is protein. dosnt matter where you get it from.

but i'd stay away from BodyFortress & LaMuscle..they are overpriced and the worst, i dunno about MuscleTech

Check out Pro-10//MyProtein//Bulkpowders..

Posted

Don't overcomplicate training. It's a simple thing. Choose any protein from a known brand (you'll find reviews on this site, BBW and MyProtein are spoken of alot) read the descriptions of each product. There's whey and casein. One stays in the system longer than the other. Concentrate on your food, that's what will give you the most gains.

Posted

I like phd pharma whey it's good value 90 serving taste good

Posted

Don't overcomplicate training. It's a simple thing. Choose any protein from a known brand (you'll find reviews on this site, BBW and MyProtein are spoken of alot) read the descriptions of each product. There's whey and casein. One stays in the system longer than the other. Concentrate on your food, that's what will give you the most gains.

But there was a thread on here not long ago which basically showed some bodybuilders whose daily intake consisted mostly of protein supplements and they were monsters. Aside from other nutrients and vitamins in food, why do you think that a piece of steak would give you more gain that a shake containing the same amount of protein? I'm asking because I might be missing something :D

Posted

I've tried loads and am on Inner Armour Super Quad protein and love it. Tastes nice and decent price as well.

Posted

Looking at this stuff now mate Inner Armour Super Quad Protein 4.5kg £59 that about right it says retail price is £91.99

Posted

Looking at this stuff now mate Inner Armour Super Quad Protein 4.5kg £59 that about right it says retail price is £91.99

Have a look on supplementcentre.com, it's a little cheaper there. It tastes good mate and I don't think 52-55quid for 4.5kg is that bad really

Posted

you can get a 5kg flavored for 49.82 from myprotein if you use the price beater, i think it is bulkpowders or ironscience

Posted

Supplement with shakes don't reply on them. It's very easy to get bored of them but u can't get bored of food. And with so many diff meat choices it's better really.

Posted

The muscletech stuff mentioned is the op was rank, drinking it felt like someone was punching me in the stomach.

Posted

But there was a thread on here not long ago which basically showed some bodybuilders whose daily intake consisted mostly of protein supplements and they were monsters. Aside from other nutrients and vitamins in food, why do you think that a piece of steak would give you more gain that a shake containing the same amount of protein? I'm asking because I might be missing something :D

Food=overall diet. Fats protein carbs lol. I meant making everything else was dialed in, not just which protein is best. They all play a part in development. Not just protein. I should have been more clear. Accept this (x) kiss as an apology xx

Posted

Hi all just seeing what protein you guys have used & what gains you have seen. I have just bought myself a tub of Muscletech hardcore pro series. Can anybody shed some light on this brand? Also which are the ones to stay away from im sure there is some dogey cheap ass ones out there.

Having used Muscletech Nitro Tech Hardcore and Pro series versions and Nitro Isolate 65 they are top quality, very pricey though, taste is not good, when I used the pro series I was using 2 scoops 3 times a day and you can feel a difference, my muscles were bigger and harder plus I was getting leaner but make sure your buying the U.S version which has got the extra glutamine and bcaa's inside if your buying the british version theres no point because they remove all of that and add in lots of creatine mono not sure why though they do it

Posted

Having used Muscletech Nitro Tech Hardcore and Pro series versions and Nitro Isolate 65 they are top quality, very pricey though, taste is not good, when I used the pro series I was using 2 scoops 3 times a day and you can feel a difference, my muscles were bigger and harder plus I was getting leaner but make sure your buying the U.S version which has got the extra glutamine and bcaa's inside if your buying the british version theres no point because they remove all of that and add in lots of creatine mono not sure why though they do it

Fcuk me you really bought into the Muscletech hype didn;t you?

No protein shake ig gonna make your muscles harder and bigger ans make you lean bro

Posted (edited)

Dont believe in hype I use their Multi-vit and their pre workout and their protein powders before, if you find a better product with the same profile let me know so I can try it

BTW these are the facts of Nitro Isolate 65

65g of protein

11g leucine

20g of BCAA's

12g of glutamine per serving

Edited by gym warrior

Posted

Whatever floats your boat, but you;d be hard pressed to find many guys on here that use their products.