Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can you still love

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Can you still love the one you fell in love in....When she still drinks in front of you. When we had good times with drink and i was in control, she likes it! just a thought!

Posted

What!?

Posted

I didn't follow your other thread, did you seek/currently taking advice?

Posted

You've been out on the jaagerbombs haven't you yuh cheecky bugga :rolleyes:

Posted

is that a riddle?

Posted

Im assuming hes passed out on the keyboard considering he hasnt replied for an hour!

Posted

Im assuming hes passed out on the keyboard considering he hasnt replied for an hour!

or stroking his cat

Posted

Can you still love the one you fell in love in....When she still drinks in front of you. When we had good times with drink and i was in control, she likes it! just a thought!

Tough one. Seems like she doesn't fully realise how she's undermining you. After what you've both been through I'm surprised she's not more supportive. Maybe you can just get up and leave the room every time she drinks, go do something else? Make her realise that if she wants to be around you there can't be alcohol in the picture? I don't know, I really don't.

Posted

Tough one. Seems like she doesn't fully realise how she's undermining you. After what you've both been through I'm surprised she's not more supportive. Maybe you can just get up and leave the room every time she drinks, go do something else? Make her realise that if she wants to be around you there can't be alcohol in the picture? I don't know, I really don't.

Are you GOD?

Posted

Are you GOD?

He is equally as drunk. Got to be!

Posted

Im assuming you have read his previous thread!

Posted

OP: I understand it has been hard for you and fair play for what you have done to make things better, although I can understand her having a drink on a saturday night. She hasnt dont anything wrong at the end of the day. But she must also understand what you are going / gone through!

Posted

Yes, you cannot expect someone else to give up something that they enjoy and that they don't have a problem with just because you do. Harsh but true.

Posted

Yes, you cannot expect someone else to give up something that they enjoy and that they don't have a problem with just because you do. Harsh but true.

my thoughts exactly

Posted

isnt her fault your an alcoholic tho is it? altho s'pose she could be sensitive.

Posted

isnt her fault your an alcoholic tho is it? altho s'pose she could be sensitive.

This is a valid point, but it seems like the OP has put them through a bit of ****e. Maybe a blanket alcohol ban in the house could be a good idea and she could drink at her friends/out in town if she needed to.

Posted

Its not like she is drinking hard! But like when she is cooking in the evening she has to have a couple of glasses of wine or a gin and tonic!

Posted

This is very true!

Posted

If she wants to help you, your marriage and your family then IMO she could be a bit more discreet and understanding...

Just my opinion tho.

Posted

get her to put it in a shaker

Posted

It was just me having a bad evening me thinks! Its not her problem. But it is still my fight.

If she wants to help you, your marriage and your family then IMO she could be a bit more discreet and understanding...

Just my opinion tho.