Keeks

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

11,446 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Keeks said:

So, had an amazing day at the Nabba Britain finals on Sunday. I didn't place, there were about 20 girls in my class, and standard was absolutely incredible, but for me, with the standard of competitors this year, just to get there was an amazing achievement! 

All went well on the day, same protocol for carbs etc as before, however, was noted I was slightly not as full on the top half as previous showings, but legs came out the best they have. Got good feedback, basically I was out-muscled, but feedback is that I look better than I did last year, so I'm happy, it's a work in progress and things don't happen overnight. 

Anyway, a few pics from Sunday.....

18836025_10156650394963868_5572825394168472816_n.thumb.jpg.e5d2fd6e37e1a396a583919b29dc73b1.jpg

18922091_10156650395073868_7373210326005017137_n.thumb.jpg.c114df2f75b72cd3a38d00e12d431719.jpg

18892995_10156650394693868_5941903191882261816_n.thumb.jpg.f68d1085360ede25597a744d45f3c882.jpg

So I was straight back at it on Monday, depleting again, upping water, and will do the same again until Thursday, then possibly add slightly more carbs this time over Saturday, with the PCA finals being on Sunday. 

Really excited now, and even more so as it's the last week of prep! Actually already feeling a little bit sad and lost, but I'm ready for the break, some good food and to grow!!!!!!!!!!

SO I'm off to Birmingham on Saturday, shows on Sunday, then going out for food and cocktails after the show, and coming home Monday. Can't wait to just be able to go out and really let my hair down after the show, it's been a long time coming, 23 weeks!

Anyway, will update when I can, and thanks for reading! 

You are looking fantastic so I can only guess that they where looking for size over conditioning. all in the eye of the beholder.

Keeks likes this

11 hours ago, arcticfox said:

Keep your chin up sweetheart, I'm always about on FB or IG if u wanna vent

Cheers, much appreciated! All's good, just always feel a little lost after prep, most people do after being in such a routine for so long. Looking forward to the off season though.

11 hours ago, BestBefore1989 said:

You are looking fantastic so I can only guess that they where looking for size over conditioning. all in the eye of the beholder.

Ahh thank you. Looking at my pics and the feedback etc, I am more than happy. As always there's always things that can be better, but it's all a work in progress and feedback was that I've improved from last year, so that's good and all I want really.

BestBefore1989 and comfla like this

19 hours ago, Dai Jones said:

can't wait to the next one :D :thumb

Ey up Dai, how the devil are ya? Hope you're well! 

Dai Jones likes this

5 hours ago, Keeks said:

Ey up Dai, how the devil are ya? Hope you're well! 

Hey stranger, your obv ok and doing well :) ....unfortunately more injury's and set backs have took at toll on me so I'm trying to get well again :D

16 hours ago, Dai Jones said:

Hey stranger, your obv ok and doing well :) ....unfortunately more injury's and set backs have took at toll on me so I'm trying to get well again :D

Yeah, all good thanks, had a fab season, well chuffed and now time for a bit of chilling, eating and a good off season!

Oh no, like what? Hope it's nothing too bad?! Nice to hear from you though! :)

Dai Jones likes this

yeah i did notice :D I'm still following on FB.

Where do I start.... pec tear, damaged bicep and delt, stress /anxiety / depression, splitting up with the Mrs....the list goes on....well you did ask :D

Well thanks I'll try and stay a bit longer this time :D

3 hours ago, Dai Jones said:

yeah i did notice :D I'm still following on FB.

Where do I start.... pec tear, damaged bicep and delt, stress /anxiety / depression, splitting up with the Mrs....the list goes on....well you did ask :D

Well thanks I'll try and stay a bit longer this time :D

Bloody hell Dai, you don't do things by halves do you! Really sorry to hear it though, and know it's a daft thing to say but hope you're ok. Life can be crap at times can't it, but bad times don't last, keep soldering on! 

Ahh right, cool. Haha, I only pop on here now and then to update, never get round to keeping things properly up to date. 

Dai Jones likes this

So, normality resumes! 23 weeks of prep done and dusted and all in all, a fab season! 

WFF UK Open - 1st place Athletic class

Nabba NW - 3rd place & Brit invite

PCA Cumbrian Classic - 1st place Athletic class & Overall Ladies winner & Brit invite

Nabba Britain and PCA Britain finals done, didn't place at these but standard was incredible at both, especially PCA and seeing the others girls, I was so happy to be there competing at that level! 

Had the best weekend at Birmingham for the PCA finals, great show, and then went out for food and drinks after, it was lovely just to relax and let my hair down, then had about 3 breakfasts on Monday, amazing! :D

It's been a tough hard slog, 23 weeks has been hard especially having 5 comps spread over 9 weeks, very draining, but it's all been worth it and I'd do it all again tomorrow as I'm happy with the outcome.

Feedback generally from every show has been good, good stage presence, good all round package, the main thing is I need more size which I'm aware of, so this is my focus for the off-season. I do also want to work more on my back too. Legs have come on a lot which I'm happy about, still going to be working on them the same, leg circuit most days, 2-3 leg session per week, and shoulders again, happy with but will probably still do similar to what I've been doing over the last year. 

So that's it, sad to be finished prep but haven't had those post show blues which is good, I think because I really am excited for next year and over the moon with another great season! Anyway, thanks for reading and following!

19105798_10156677711088868_5863356641885741592_n.thumb.jpg.9ae989cfe75e15f939e885c5e89f76d9.jpg

4 hours ago, arcticfox said:

You enjoy your fill out hunny ;)

Oh believe me, I am doing! :D Damn uncomfy though, waddling round like I'm 8 month pregnant with hobbit hands and feet :lol:

arcticfox likes this

On 6/14/2017 at 8:10 PM, Keeks said:

Bloody hell Dai, you don't do things by halves do you! Really sorry to hear it though, and know it's a daft thing to say but hope you're ok. Life can be crap at times can't it, but bad times don't last, keep soldering on! 

Ahh right, cool. Haha, I only pop on here now and then to update, never get round to keeping things properly up to date. 

haha yeah I do don't I....yeah it can but I'll be ok at some point :)....gym last night and its all coming back slowly

catch ya laters

Keeks likes this

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, Dai Jones said:

haha yeah I do don't I....yeah it can but I'll be ok at some point :)....gym last night and its all coming back slowly

catch ya laters

At crap times, I always think everything happens for a reason, might sounds daft but just helps a little when you think 'WTF' haha

Hope things come together for you soon anyway, and the gym always helps, stress relief and gives you focus. 

Dai Jones likes this

Back at it this week, new training plan which for the next four weeks is lots of heavy back work. Off season, back will be a big focus, need more depth and width, operation barn door back! :D

Had a full week off training last week, needed the rest and feel so much better for it. Week off diet too, just eating what I want, was ace! I do miss good food when prepping! :D

So new plan is 5 day split, one full leg session then the other 4 sessions, lots of back work, and upper. Still doing leg circuit in the mornings. Just feels good to train when I'm not half dying and exhausted, loved training this last few days and lifting heavy again!

And its' nice to catch up on life again, everything takes a back seat through prep so got loads of nights out etc planned over next few weeks, I'm so excited, haha!

So that's it really, time to lift heavy and grow!

And thought I'd pop this pic up too, start to finish of prep, 23 weeks.

thumbnail_IMG_20170620_070422_174.thumb.jpg.814e507b110ee4013f88fc415fb1e610.jpg

On 6/21/2017 at 8:42 AM, Keeks said:

Back at it this week, new training plan which for the next four weeks is lots of heavy back work. Off season, back will be a big focus, need more depth and width, operation barn door back! :D

Had a full week off training last week, needed the rest and feel so much better for it. Week off diet too, just eating what I want, was ace! I do miss good food when prepping! :D

So new plan is 5 day split, one full leg session then the other 4 sessions, lots of back work, and upper. Still doing leg circuit in the mornings. Just feels good to train when I'm not half dying and exhausted, loved training this last few days and lifting heavy again!

And its' nice to catch up on life again, everything takes a back seat through prep so got loads of nights out etc planned over next few weeks, I'm so excited, haha!

So that's it really, time to lift heavy and grow!

And thought I'd pop this pic up too, start to finish of prep, 23 weeks.

thumbnail_IMG_20170620_070422_174.thumb.jpg.814e507b110ee4013f88fc415fb1e610.jpg

A well deserved rest, YOU ENJOY IT HUN.

comfla and Keeks like this

15 hours ago, arcticfox said:

A well deserved rest, YOU ENJOY IT HUN.

Thank you, I am doing, feels good but can't help feeling a little lazy, haha

Been a busy few weeks, catching up on life which feels great, eating, chilling, going out, new job and training hard. 

New jobs been a big focus, been there 3 weeks and love it, was scary moving on but I was so stressed, needed to move and I've got lucky, new jobs ace. 

Feel like a different person, de-stressed, loving training heavy again, and got a holiday booked too in 5 weeks, party holiday with the girls so need to get rid of a bit of chub now. 

Trainings going well, been doing a heavy program, lots of upper, for the last month, not sure what the next step is but all good! Bit of cardio too but just going to step it up a little til the holiday. Main overall focus is to gain size over the next few months so not going go diet drastically, just a little bit to feel a bit more comfortable getting in a bikini again! 

arcticfox and BestBefore1989 like this

Glad to hear the new job is going well :thumb

I love having a holiday to look forward to, I'm jealous.

Keeks likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, Keeks said:

Been a busy few weeks, catching up on life which feels great, eating, chilling, going out, new job and training hard. 

New jobs been a big focus, been there 3 weeks and love it, was scary moving on but I was so stressed, needed to move and I've got lucky, new jobs ace. 

Feel like a different person, de-stressed, loving training heavy again, and got a holiday booked too in 5 weeks, party holiday with the girls so need to get rid of a bit of chub now. 

Trainings going well, been doing a heavy program, lots of upper, for the last month, not sure what the next step is but all good! Bit of cardio too but just going to step it up a little til the holiday. Main overall focus is to gain size over the next few months so not going go diet drastically, just a little bit to feel a bit more comfortable getting in a bikini again! 

So happy for you hunny, You deserve some nice stuff in your life ;)

Keeks likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, BestBefore1989 said:

Glad to hear the new job is going well :thumb

I love having a holiday to look forward to, I'm jealous.

Thank you, yep all good, feels ace not to be constantly stressed! 

Yeah, can't wait! First holiday in two years so much needed!

On 7/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, arcticfox said:

So happy for you hunny, You deserve some nice stuff in your life ;)

Ahh thank you! :) Hopefully it lasts for a bit!

arcticfox likes this