Keeks

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

11,380 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

Hun, Your shredded not lean

Haha, I can't see it! Didn't think I was anywhere near lean going into last weeks comp, nowhere near like last year but apparently, I am lean, just don't feel/see it!

2 hours ago, Keeks said:

So, another tough week, both mentally than physically. I’m knackered, hungry, and mentally worn out. The weeks are still getting tougher and tougher, and still got quite a few to go, and know they’ll get tougher still!

So going from feedback from a few people following the WFF show, they all said not to over-diet going into the next show, as there is/was a month between shows so just trying to remain the same really, still tighten up but not get much leaner. It’s weird as I still don’t think I’m lean really, ok, lean-ish but not that lean!

No drastic changes really, just plodding on but like I said, it’s getting tough mentally now, I’m drained! But I know it’s worth it and not long, but still, I’m not going to sugar coat it, it’s tough as f**k! Last year I prepped for 18 weeks, from start to finish at the Nabba Brits final and that was tough; but this year if I qualify again, I’m looking at 22 weeks. Then I’ve also been thinking about doing a PCA show, with the hope of qualifying for the Brits final of that, the week after the Nabba Brits, so potentially, another 7 weeks of prep to go! Scary! But really want to give the PCA a try so I'll suck it up, give it my best and crack on!

Anyway, whinge over, just cracking on steady away, and counting down the days till the next comp now, 2 weeks this Saturday, can’t wait!

As far as being physically and mentally drained, I've got one bit of good news for you...you're alive!! No, not a joke. I'm "happy" you're feeling what you're feeling and also for recognizing the facts (how can you escape them right!). There is a point I'm driving at, and that is your nervous system, the real you OK. It's not talking to you right now, it's actually screaming at you with all these "wonderful" feelings you're currently experiencing. Granted when it comes to your diet, you (and no one else is the expert here), however what I'd like to get your attention to may be so simple yet far from being simplistic, and it may (just may), solve or help you get to your next destination in a more balanced state of mind and body.

Your rep ranges, and therefore the load you've got on the bar/machine etc. If you think the load is light enough and the reps high enough (yet you're feeling the way you've described), then it may be time to go to another place, a place where the reps are slightly higher and the load slightly lower...to begin with, then you gauge how you feel for a week, reduce the over all volume of work if need be. Your CNS affects both your mind as well as your body, and it's not a subject many bodybuilders ever talk about, their emotional state of mind, that is also very much affected by the "stuff" that really fries the CNS. That "stuff" is low reps heavy loads, no ifs and no buts about it...couple that with dieting, and you've got one hell of a recipe for feeling the way you've described above.

Do not (ever) be afraid to break the "rules" to suite your unique needs please.

So please, reflect on my words re this specific subject, reduce the pressure where is necessary, and I'm confident that your whole outlook and spirit (from the inside out) would change drastically...for the better. 

I wish you all the very best.

Keeks likes this

21 hours ago, Fadi65 said:

As far as being physically and mentally drained, I've got one bit of good news for you...you're alive!! No, not a joke. I'm "happy" you're feeling what you're feeling and also for recognizing the facts (how can you escape them right!). There is a point I'm driving at, and that is your nervous system, the real you OK. It's not talking to you right now, it's actually screaming at you with all these "wonderful" feelings you're currently experiencing. Granted when it comes to your diet, you (and no one else is the expert here), however what I'd like to get your attention to may be so simple yet far from being simplistic, and it may (just may), solve or help you get to your next destination in a more balanced state of mind and body.

Your rep ranges, and therefore the load you've got on the bar/machine etc. If you think the load is light enough and the reps high enough (yet you're feeling the way you've described), then it may be time to go to another place, a place where the reps are slightly higher and the load slightly lower...to begin with, then you gauge how you feel for a week, reduce the over all volume of work if need be. Your CNS affects both your mind as well as your body, and it's not a subject many bodybuilders ever talk about, their emotional state of mind, that is also very much affected by the "stuff" that really fries the CNS. That "stuff" is low reps heavy loads, no ifs and no buts about it...couple that with dieting, and you've got one hell of a recipe for feeling the way you've described above.

Do not (ever) be afraid to break the "rules" to suite your unique needs please.

So please, reflect on my words re this specific subject, reduce the pressure where is necessary, and I'm confident that your whole outlook and spirit (from the inside out) would change drastically...for the better. 

I wish you all the very best.

Ha ha, that did make me laugh that yes, I am alive! I know it’s a familiar feeling, felt it last prep and know it’s part of prep, but it is tough and can be a struggle at sometimes.

Hmm, I get what you’re saying, I know my CNS must and will be fried, and yes, I’m not lifting heavy as such at the moment, just higher reps with lower reps. I know after a few sessions recently when I’ve tried going a bit heavier, I’ve felt it so much and I am listening to my body, which I know is so important. I might even see about some acupuncture, just to help pep me up, I’ve had it to treat my CNS before and found it helps.

Mentally, today I’m feeling a little better, maybe due to it being Friday, and that another week is done. Just at this stage, I do feel very up and down, but know that the down days don’t last, and just to get through each day by day with the end focus in mind.

Thank you for your words, much appreciated and you do make a lot of sense in what you say, you’re completely right. Thank you :)

arcticfox and BestBefore1989 like this

On 4/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, Keeks said:

Ha ha, that did make me laugh that yes, I am alive! I know it’s a familiar feeling, felt it last prep and know it’s part of prep, but it is tough and can be a struggle at sometimes.

Hmm, I get what you’re saying, I know my CNS must and will be fried, and yes, I’m not lifting heavy as such at the moment, just higher reps with lower reps. I know after a few sessions recently when I’ve tried going a bit heavier, I’ve felt it so much and I am listening to my body, which I know is so important. I might even see about some acupuncture, just to help pep me up, I’ve had it to treat my CNS before and found it helps.

Mentally, today I’m feeling a little better, maybe due to it being Friday, and that another week is done. Just at this stage, I do feel very up and down, but know that the down days don’t last, and just to get through each day by day with the end focus in mind.

Thank you for your words, much appreciated and you do make a lot of sense in what you say, you’re completely right. Thank you :)

As always hun keep that chin up. It's hard graft and i find it inspiring when i read post like yours as it shows were all human but also have the ability to push the limits and do great thing.

Just keep pushing hun, We believe in you.

Keeks likes this

23 hours ago, arcticfox said:

As always hun keep that chin up. It's hard graft and i find it inspiring when i read post like yours as it shows were all human but also have the ability to push the limits and do great thing.

Just keep pushing hun, We believe in you.

Ahh thank you! That's it, we're only human, and things take their toll, but like you said, we keep pushing and get there and it's worth it when we do. 

Thank you, much appreciated! 

arcticfox likes this