Keeks

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

11,313 posts in this topic

On Friday, October 07, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Omen669 said:

You always look great on or off season. Damn you !!!!:P

Ahh cheers, really trying this off season to work as hard as poss and not get too fat, lol! 

Omen669 and BestBefore1989 like this

9 hours ago, Keeks said:

Ahh cheers, really trying this off season to work as hard as poss and not get too fat, lol! 

Makes life easier when it's game time. 

I'd be like Ricky Fatten. Explode in off season. Work my arse off in season, making it harder for myself. That's why I don't bother. My excuse anyway :whistling: :(

Keeks likes this

1 hour ago, Omen669 said:

Makes life easier when it's game time. 

I'd be like Ricky Fatten. Explode in off season. Work my arse off in season, making it harder for myself. That's why I don't bother. My excuse anyway :whistling: :(

Definitely! 

I've never really had a structured off season, well with diet anyway, always just ate what I want really, and gone fat! But last year when I started with Liam, about this time last year, I had a proper structure and didn't get too fat so made prep a lot better, and now I've got bigger goals, doing everything possible to achieve them! 

Omen669, herc and BestBefore1989 like this

3 hours ago, Keeks said:

Definitely! 

I've never really had a structured off season, well with diet anyway, always just ate what I want really, and gone fat! But last year when I started with Liam, about this time last year, I had a proper structure and didn't get too fat so made prep a lot better, and now I've got bigger goals, doing everything possible to achieve them! 

Good luck you :thumbup1:

Keeks likes this

So been a bit rubbish with updates lately, so busy, and nothing much to report really.

Plodding away, working hard, currently doing a push/pull/legs split, 2 leg days, 2 push and 1 pull, then if I do a 6th day, just adding in more leg work. Cardio a few times per week, leg circuit every morning too.

Due to start prep the first week in Jan, so bit of a countdown now to enjoy my last few weeks of normal life, excited but I am enjoying the down time if I'm honest.

Also, just having slight issues with my rotator cuff at the minute, been niggling slightly but having ultrasound treatment and having it taped up, so fingers crossed should be ok when prep starts.

That's about it really. Here's a pic from a few weeks ago, not the best but gives an idea of how things are at present

IMG_20161112_160600.jpg

Hope everyone is well anyway and thanks for reading, and will catch up with journals too!

So I'm back and I'll keep more updated from now. 

Prep started on Tuesday, giving me 14 weeks to my first show, the WFF Open, and 18 weeks to my main show, the Nabba North West show.

Training at the minute is 5 sessions as follows :

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

Leg circuit every morning. 

No cardio at the minute. 

Diets good, nothing crippling just yet so I'm happy with that. 

I've still got a slight niggle with my rotator cuff so training as best as possible around it. 

Other than that, feeling good going into prep, very excited! 

Starting off leaner than last prep, here's a comparison of last years starting point to this year....legs and arms/delts seem thicker, not the best pic to tell but I can see the difference so I'm happy enough. 

20170108_105437.jpg

So time to see what the next 18 weeks brings! 

BestBefore1989 and Omen669 like this

15 minutes ago, Keeks said:

Prep started on Tuesday, giving me 14 weeks to my first show, the WFF Open, and 18 weeks to my main show, the Nabba North West show.

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

No cardio at the minute. 

I've still got a slight niggle with my rotator cuff so training as best as possible around it. 

Starting off leaner than last prep, here's a comparison of last years starting point to this year....legs and arms/delts seem thicker, not the best pic to tell but I can see the difference so I'm happy enough. 

20170108_105437.jpg

Good luck lovely lady. 

Keeks likes this

2 hours ago, Keeks said:

Lower volume 

Upper volume 

Lower strength 

Upper strength 

Glutes and delts

No cardio at the minute. 

20170108_105437.jpg

looking good Keeks, you have added some mass by the looks of you, your delts and quads :thumb

Good luck with the prep hun, wishing you a distraction free 18 weeks. X

Keeks likes this

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Omen669 said:

Good luck lovely lady. 

Thank you! Hope you're well! :)

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, BestBefore1989 said:

looking good Keeks, you have added some mass by the looks of you, your delts and quads :thumb

Good luck with the prep hun, wishing you a distraction free 18 weeks. X

Thank you! Yeah I know there's not massive changes but can still notice a little difference so I'm happy enough! Slow progress is still progress eh?!

Thank you! Haha, here's hoping, although doubt it....all good fun, haha!

Hope you're well anyway and will catch up in your journal. X

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, arcticfox said:

Welcome back @Keeks

Looking forward to your updates, All the best hun ;)

Thank you! I will try and keep more updated now I'm prepping!

Hope all's good with you and I'll catch up with your journal too.