Keeks

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

11,327 posts in this topic

no first show ill be attending, need to get myself on the scene asap!!

You'll love it, theres always a buzz at these shows! And I find they really motivate me and am raring to go with a whole new determination when I've been to a show! You hoping to compete in the future?

Ahh thanks! Im very determined, and will have been working on my weak areas for a year from my last show till I get on stage again so defo expect some good changes!

Looking forward to seeing the trophy in you album photos (No pressure lol) :)

I've got legs on Thursday, actually looking forward to it plus it gives my top half a break!!!

Don't think I ever look forward to legs, for whatever reason! You liking the push/pull routine then?

Looking forward to seeing the trophy in you album photos (No pressure lol) :)

Fingers crossed! And if not this year, there WILL be a trophy next year! :thumb:

Don't think I ever look forward to legs, for whatever reason! You liking the push/pull routine then?

Prefer 5x5!! Haven't got the stamina for reps!!! I run out of steam at around 8/9!! Hopefully that will increase over the next few weeks.

Prefer 5x5!! Haven't got the stamina for reps!!! I run out of steam at around 8/9!! Hopefully that will increase over the next few weeks.

Yep, keep pushing and then push some more!

Yep, keep pushing and then push some more!

Thanks I will remember that on about rep 7!! I will stop hijacking your journal now :)

Thanks I will remember that on about rep 7!! I will stop hijacking your journal now :)

Lol, hijack away! Remember this on the 7th rep....:angry: and keep going and going till you've pushed as much as possible! Then :thumb:

Lol, hijack away! Remember this on the 7th rep....:angry: and keep going and going till you've pushed as much as possible! Then :thumb:

If I remember that I will burst out laughing!! I am rubbish when people try and help me by shouting encouragement too it just makes me laugh.

If I remember that I will burst out laughing!! I am rubbish when people try and help me by shouting encouragement too it just makes me laugh.

Lol, lets just hope the subconscious doesnt bring :angry: to mind just around the 7th rep then! Potential gym fail!

Lol, lets just hope the subconscious doesnt bring :angry: to mind just around the 7th rep then! Potential gym fail!

It's either that or my lungs and heart give up around 8/9 anyway :)

Leg day is here......and I've realised I've got a definate love/hate feeling for leg days! Hate hate hate training them but love the feeling after, especially the jelly wobble!

Lying hamstring curls, warming up going up the stack, then at number 6 (don't know weight) 10 reps but holding every 5th, then number 5, 15 reps again holding every 5th rep, number 4, 15 reps holding every 5th rep. Abosolute killers, hate these! Super set with standing calf raises, 20 after each full set of curls. I did this fully 3 times.

Seated leg press working up the stack, feet at top of plate, so working glutes. 15 reps at max weight for 3 sets, then working back down stackk on last set, adding 5 reps for each step down.

Pelvic squeezes on stability ball, 3 x 20 reps, again holding every 5th rep

Weighted leg lifts with 5kg weights on each leg, 3 x 25 each leg

Glute squeezes on cable machine 3 x 15 each leg

Glad thats done, time to get my feet up! :)

Leg day is here......and I've realised I've got a definate love/hate feeling for leg days! Hate hate hate training them but love the feeling after, especially the jelly wobble!

Lying hamstring curls, warming up going up the stack, then at number 6 (don't know weight) 10 reps but holding every 5th, then number 5, 15 reps again holding every 5th rep, number 4, 15 reps holding every 5th rep. Abosolute killers, hate these! Super set with standing calf raises, 20 after each full set of curls. I did this fully 3 times.

Seated leg press working up the stack, feet at top of plate, so working glutes. 15 reps at max weight for 3 sets, then working back down stackk on last set, adding 5 reps for each step down.

Pelvic squeezes on stability ball, 3 x 20 reps, again holding every 5th rep

Weighted leg lifts with 5kg weights on each leg, 3 x 25 each leg

Glute squeezes on cable machine 3 x 15 each leg

Glad thats done, time to get my feet up! :)

You obviously haven't worked hard enough if you have the strength to pick you feet up!!! ;)

You obviously haven't worked hard enough if you have the strength to pick you feet up!!! ;)

Wooo, hold on there a minute! The nail marks in the hamstring curl machine will say otherwise, and the fact that Im contemplating kipping on the settee to avoid more stairs! :)

Also, on a positive note, I've now perfected the 'walking on hot coals' look!

Wooo, hold on there a minute! The nail marks in the hamstring curl machine will say otherwise, and the fact that Im contemplating kipping on the settee to avoid more stairs! :)

Also, on a positive note, I've now perfected the 'walking on hot coals' look!

Only pulling your sore leg!!! I bet your leg workout is more intense than mine!!! I will be in your situation on Friday! I bet everything falls on the floor and I will have to bend down a lot or everyone will want me to go upstairs to fetch stuff!!

I can confirm that after reviewing your pics & reading this journal, your glutes ARE cracking.

As you were.

Ahh, thank you! Not cracking enough for me though, ok starting point but watch this space and come September, I will have super cracking glutes! :thumb:

Only pulling your sore leg!!! I bet your leg workout is more intense than mine!!! I will be in your situation on Friday! I bet everything falls on the floor and I will have to bend down a lot or everyone will want me to go upstairs to fetch stuff!!

Lol, roll on Friday then! Stuff like that only seems to happen on leg days, does to me anyway. My legs sessions are the most intense sessions, not that upper body ones aren't tough, but leg days always seems to make me want to cry a lot more!

Lol, roll on Friday then! Stuff like that only seems to happen on leg days, does to me anyway. My legs sessions are the most intense sessions, not that upper body ones aren't tough, but leg days always seems to make me want to cry a lot more!

Well if you want cracking glutes, you need an intense leg session!! Although I agree with the above they are already pretty good now ;) my chest is still sore from Sunday so god knows how long leg doms are going to last?

Well if you want cracking glutes, you need an intense leg session!! Although I agree with the above they are already pretty good now ;) my chest is still sore from Sunday so god knows how long leg doms are going to last?

Ahh, thank you, but 8 months of intense leg session should get them on their way to what I want them to be...... 8 months of torturous leg sessions, argh!!!!!!!!!

Reckon leg doms always last a lot longer than anywhere else, mine were still just slightly there today, and then I beasted them again...will no doubt be feeling it again tomorrow, but needs must! Good though that still feeling it in chest, push/pull must be doing something good, even if its just a needed change!?!