UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Keeks Continuing Quark-fuelled Quest...for Globe-Like Glutes & Boulders for Shoulders

451K views 11K replies 179 participants last post by  SCOOB-GUNS 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well here goes.....after lurking around for a while learning as much as possible, I thought its time to start a journal in the hope that I'll learn more, track my progress, and stay motivated if and when I have a wobble!

Basically, after training for about a year, I did my first comp last summer. It was an independant first timers show and I did the toned figure catergory. I placed 2nd but there were only 3 of us anyway! I was so happy though that I'd got up on stage and got such a buzz from it all, it got me firmly hooked! The first pic is the night before the comp, abs seemed tighter the week before though. Happy enough with my back & arms, abs ok but will be tighter this year, but poor glutes & legs, and cellulite that would not shift. Feedback from some people at the show was that I had the shape that is suited for UKBFF Bikini category, so decided to give that a try.

post-48893-143614357532_thumb.jpg

After my first comp though, I came off my diet and over-ate for a few weeks-big mistake! Then decided to give the UKBFF Leeds show a go, so got back on the diet but this time, the fat would not shift. I decided to go ahead with the comp although I was far from happy with how I looked, but just to see if this category was for me and so I could decide where to go with my training.

The show was a really high standard, and there were 12 girls (the highest number in any of the bikini cat qualifiers). They only placed top 3 so don't know how badly I did, but learnt loads from it, and decided that I am probably more suited to bikini category. Again, far from happy with glutes & legs, cellulite that still wouldn't shift, poor condition.

post-48893-143614357578_thumb.jpg

Which brings me to where I am now. I've got myself a PT/Prep coach who has adapted my training, and my aim is to compete in the UKBFF Leeds show in September, then possibly the West Midlands & Midlands shows the weeks after. I'm currently dropping some quad work for the time being as they are pretty dominant, and will be doing 2 hams & glutes sessions per week, as these are my weakest areas. Upper body will be 3 sessions per week, however, just cutting down and changing back work out slightly, also hoping to build shoulders. Cardio at the mo is to a minimum, just 3 HIIT sessions per week, 2 sessions after upper body, and one extra session on a rest day.

Current stats:

132lb, 5ft 2

Bust 34

Wasit 25

Hips 35.5

Maintenance diet at the mo- 150g protein & 120g carbs (mainly rice & oats) at the mo, olive oil & nuts added through the day, split over 5 meals. Will then start dieting mid-late May, looking at approx 14/15 weeks to lean out.

So, thats my background and where I'm going, heres to the next 8 months of kick a** training, dieting, sweat and no doubt tears along the way................roll on 23rd September!

All input and opinions welcome and appreiciated, but please don't be too harsh, I'm still a newbie and learning all the time!

Thanks for checking out my journal and hope to see you here again! :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE LONG OVERDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, quick update as after reading my first post again things have changed quite a lot.

I ditched the bikini class as realised Im jut not that build, and went with the Toned figure class (Nabba) and this is what I orginally set out to do anyway. Oct/Nov 2012 was my first proper season, and I placed in four out of five comps I did. I even qualified for the NAC Universe in Hamburg but sadly couldnt make it. Anyway, I've added some comp pics.

Yorkshire Open Toned Figure 2012 - 1st Place

Central Britain 2012 Toned Figure (Nabba) - 2nd Place

NAC British Championship 2012 Figure U35 - 1st Place (Qualified for NAC Universe)

Nabba UK 2012 Toned Figure - 6th Place

post-48893-143614357464_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614357494_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614357566_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614746994_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614747004_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614747013_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614747023_thumb.jpg

post-48893-14361474706_thumb.jpg

post-48893-143614747087_thumb.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
@ Whysoserious - Thank you, hope you find it interesting!

@ Milky - Thank you, I've learnt loads from here, spending hour after hour looking up info, but still so much to learn!

@ Retro-Mental - Thank you, I'm happy with abs, or will be with better condition, but looking to work a lot more on glutes over next few months, looking for some lift so glute ham raises, here I come!

#7 ·
I think the Bikini class this year is going to be very very popular. I think it will be great for UK-M having your Journal on here to raise the profile a little on the forums.

I think you'll be a lot tighter this year as you have a long time to get ready. The first comp prep is always the hardest, you'll have stubborn fat that has been on the body a long time, subsequent diets always seem a little easier. I'd be tempted to start very aggressive on a diet this time and get the weight down fast then ease off in to the show. Make sure you see your coach regularly as you don't want too be too 'hard' for that class.

Good luck with it all!

#9 ·
Magic Torch said:
I think the Bikini class this year is going to be very very popular. I think it will be great for UK-M having your Journal on here to raise the profile a little on the forums.

I think you'll be a lot tighter this year as you have a long time to get ready. The first comp prep is always the hardest, you'll have stubborn fat that has been on the body a long time, subsequent diets always seem a little easier. I'd be tempted to start very aggressive on a diet this time and get the weight down fast then ease off in to the show. Make sure you see your coach regularly as you don't want too be too 'hard' for that class.

Good luck with it all!
Thank you!

Yep, agree that bikini is going to be really popular now its going into its second year, but all makes for a better competition! And I also wanted to show that bikini girls work damn hard to, its not the easy option!

As for diet, my prep coach has said the same, to start off at 14/15 weeks, pretty aggressively, it can be eased off towards the end, rather do it that way than not diet for long enough.

#14 ·
tprice said:
im suffering huge withdrawal symptoms this week

no training, feck all food and no jabs due to manflu = one very unhappy bunny here!
Oh no! I've been a bit off this week, swollen glans and fuzzy head so dropped all cardio this week and just done weights, dropped extra cardio sesh too and feel bad for leaving out the cardio, so can imagine how you feel with no training whatsoever! Get well soon, loadsa vit c & zinc!

#16 ·
Keeks said:
Thank you!

Yep, agree that bikini is going to be really popular now its going into its second year, but all makes for a better competition! And I also wanted to show that bikini girls work damn hard to, its not the easy option!

As for diet, my prep coach has said the same, to start off at 14/15 weeks, pretty aggressively, it can be eased off towards the end, rather do it that way than not diet for long enough.
He sounds like he knows what he is doing :) good stuff that is almost exactly as I would have it, 15 weeks will be tough but well worth it!

its defo not an easy option, I used to compete in classic bodybuilding which many believed to be the 'easy' class, I guess anything is easy if you half ass it, but to be a success takes dedication to anything you want to do!

Anyway enough waffle! Good luck!

#18 ·
Magic Torch said:
He sounds like he knows what he is doing :) good stuff that is almost exactly as I would have it, 15 weeks will be tough but well worth it!

its defo not an easy option, I used to compete in classic bodybuilding which many believed to be the 'easy' class, I guess anything is easy if you half ass it, but to be a success takes dedication to anything you want to do!

Anyway enough waffle! Good luck!
Ahh, it's a she, and think this may change and help some aspects of my comp prep for the better. And yep, 15 weeks will be tough, but I dieted for 20 out of 23 weeks last year so know what to expect, and it's gotta be done! It'll be worth it! :thumb:

Exactly, and believe me, nothing in my prep will be half a**ed, its full steam ahead from the word go!

Thanks again!

#20 ·
You go girl subbed :thumb: journal at last now you will get the motivation and encouragement that will help especially on the day after your leg session anyway not that you need it as your looking great. Good luck again and keep it up (which I know you will :) )

#25 ·
So, rest day yesterday means legs today, eeek! Hate leg days, but do them the day after rest day as full of energy and raring to go, in theory anyway. Todays the first time doing my 2nd leg day routine, which looks like this....

Warm up leg extensions

Walking lunges - no weight but very wide step with back knee touching floor, killers!

Jump Squat - Hate these with a passion!

Glute ham raises

Stiff leg deads

Smith machine squats - very light but very low down

I've also had a few pyschic predictions - firstly, I predict a very scary wobbly descent down the scary gym stairs today, and secondly, I predict serious doms tomorrow! Lets see how my predictions work out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.