Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Muscle] Getting lean (NO OTHER OPTION)

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone

:)

I use to be known as depressed but I changed my name to something more positive due to people suggesting it lol. I am 19 years old and over the last year I have been going through a really tough time so I left college because I was suffering with major depression, anxiety and to add to my problems I put on a lot of body fat!!!!! (my confidence and self esteem is 0) You will see what I mean below. I am glad to say that I am feeling slightly better :thumb: So now I want to tackle my body fat problem and finally get lean (I've been obese all my life but got worse)

I have barely no lifting experience and have not used AAS as you can see lol.. (I am considering a cycle Anavar/clen/t3/t4)

I have decided to make a journal so I can track my progress and make sure I stay persistent on my diet and training.

I am weighing 18.11 Stone (35%bf) from 23st (14 weeks ago) and I would like to reduce my body fat, maintain any muscle I have and build some (goal in the future) I have done a lot of research about fat loss diets so I decided a basic 40/30/30 because I didn't like Keto. I have calculated with the appropriate formulas to create my diet which I am happy with because its not bland food so I know I can stick to it. I am aware it isn't the cleanest diet but I still have high protein, all nutrition from goodish sources and I still have a calorie deficit. (I know I don't have much veg)

My activity levels are quite low but I will be doing 5x5 strongman routine 3x a week and 20 minute HIIT 4x a week.

Before:

2mo1d1s.jpg

My Lifts:

Squat 145kg 5x5

Bench 70kg 5x5

Deadlift 130kg 1x5

Military press 65kg 5x5

Bent Over Row 65kg 5x5

My Diet:

7AM - Breakfast:

Protein Shake = 52g Protein, 4g Carbs, 5g Fat = 220 Calories

proteinshake250x2511.jpg

10AM - Snack:

Wholemeal Pita, 80g Chicken, 2 tbsp BBQ = 33g Protein, 35g Carbs, 6g Fat = 336 Calories

pitac.jpg

1PM - Lunch:

170g Chicken, 40g Basmati Rice, 150g Tikka Masala = 61g Protein, 42g Carbs, 21g Fat = 596 Calories

rice.jpg

4PM - Snack:

Protein Shake = 48g Protein, 6g Carbs, 2g Fat = 240 Calories

proteinshake250x2511.jpg

7PM - Dinner:

40g Wholemeal Pasta, 400g Napolina Tomatoes, 200g Chicken = 82g Protein, 57g Carbs, 14g Fat = 699 Calories

pastau.jpg

Total: 276g Protein, 144g Carbs, 48g Fat = 2,100 Calories

Supplements:

Whey

Multi vitamins

Omega 3

Vitamin b3

Husk fibre capsules

Glucosamine HCL & Chondroitin

ZMA

Please give me your feedback and correct anything if necessary.

Edited by Muscle

Posted

Good luck man, smash it and you will achieve your goals, no going back!!

Might wana try Var instead of winny but i'm no gear expert.

Also, I might be tempted to go lower on the cals, keep the P up and drop some F&C as you have quite a bit of stored energy to burn.

Posted

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum first off all stay clean mate don't do steroids. Your obviously capable and don't need them surprising your squatting more than deadlifting.

Where do you train and were are you based. If I were you I'd start with the 5x5 strongman routine.

Posted

Good luck mate, saw the other thread and was going to wish you luck there. You are going in the right direction and this journal will help motivate you!

Lifts are good, keep those big compounds in and change supporting/isolation excercises when you feel you are hitting a plateau or stagnating. I prefer doing light cv after lifting for 20-30mins and one or two extra cv days in between lifting days when trying to drop weight.

I'd say drop the carbs out of the brekkie shake and eat them around your work out. Also add in more fibrous veg broccoli etc and use brown rice and wholemeal pasta. I'm a fan of ZMA pre bedtime aswell. Oh and get some beef in there aswell :thumbup1:

Posted

Try and maintain a high protein and low fat diet. but you want quiet alot of carbs. Make sure you do alot of cardio.

Posted

Thanks mate, I know I am capable but I would like to use AAS to get faster results (Empire boy has been helping me out with info)

I can vouch for that mate, I think I may have given up without AAS, sounds soft but they made such a big difference.

Posted (edited)

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum first off all stay clean mate don't do steroids. Your obviously capable and don't need them surprising your squatting more than deadlifting.

Where do you train and were are you based. If I were you I'd start with the 5x5 strongman routine.

Thanks mate I know I am capable but I would like to use AAS to get faster results (Empire boy has been helping me out with info)

I am doing the 5x5 strongman routine and I am constantly adding 10kg to my deadlift every session. 120kg deadlift was quite easy for me but I'd rather add weight slowly than lose good form.

Good luck man, smash it and you will achieve your goals, no going back!!

Might wana try Var instead of winny but i'm no gear expert.

Also, I might be tempted to go lower on the cals, keep the P up and drop some F&C as you have quite a bit of stored energy to burn.

Good luck mate, saw the other thread and was going to wish you luck there. You are going in the right direction and this journal will help motivate you!

Lifts are good, keep those big compounds in and change supporting/isolation excercises when you feel you are hitting a plateau or stagnating. I prefer doing light cv after lifting for 20-30mins and one or two extra cv days in between lifting days when trying to drop weight.

I'd say drop the carbs out of the brekkie shake and eat them around your work out. Also add in more fibrous veg broccoli etc and use brown rice and wholemeal pasta. I'm a fan of ZMA pre bedtime aswell. Oh and get some beef in there aswell :thumbup1:

Thanks mate I really appreciate your advice. I have removed the oats which has put my carbs to 144g, my calories down to 2100 and I am using wholemeal pasta. I thought basmati rice was just as good as brown rice but with less fibre?

Edited by Muscle

Posted

I'd say 2100 calories was pretty low, especially to start off with. Maybe add another high protein meal in during the day, as you have a large gap between 10 and 4.

On non-training days maybe drop your carbs a little whilst keeping your protein high.

I was in a similar situation to you a while back and I've totally transformed how I look.

Good luck, what you're aiming for is achievable, but it will be hard and won't happen overnight. You're young so you should make noticeable gains pretty quickly, and when you do you'll feel amazing.

Posted

Good luck with your goals mate! Will keep checking back :)

Posted

welcome mate and good luck.

sorry i cant be of much help apart from to say that I had great success using winstrol when dieting. I did 60mg ED for six weeks whilst carb cycling and dropped from 16.3&bf to 9.5% and lost about a pound in weight, so it helped me build muscle even on a calorie deficit.

Posted

Ok mate, happy to help with this one... Doing a powerlifting 5x5 may not be your best option if you are looking to lean out, a splie routine may be better as weights actually act as cardio whilst you are doing it and even continue to burn body fat for a day after. Regarding your diet, everything looks ok except the carb content, it would take you a long time to strip down with that amount of carbs imo. Personally i like keto, i don't 'like' it but it's what i have to do to get results as my metabolic rate is super slow. I'd add some morning cardio in there too that would be done before your 1st meal, this will burn bf directly

Good luck towards your goals

Posted

Nice one mate i have subbed to this. Will be interested to see the progress you will be making !!!

Posted

Ok mate, happy to help with this one... Doing a powerlifting 5x5 may not be your best option if you are looking to lean out, a splie routine may be better as weights actually act as cardio whilst you are doing it and even continue to burn body fat for a day after. Regarding your diet, everything looks ok except the carb content, it would take you a long time to strip down with that amount of carbs imo. Personally i like keto, i don't 'like' it but it's what i have to do to get results as my metabolic rate is super slow. I'd add some morning cardio in there too that would be done before your 1st meal, this will burn bf directly

Good luck towards your goals

Thanks for your input mate.. Even at a calorie deficit, high protein why would the moderate amount of good carbs effect my fat loss? I believe what you say but I just want to educate myself :)

Nice one mate i have subbed to this. Will be interested to see the progress you will be making !!!

Thanks much appreciated :)

Posted

I agree with what he says.

I'm scared sh'tless of consuming too many carbs, so I religiously watch how many I eat, especially after 6pm or so.

Posted

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum first off all stay clean mate don't do steroids.

Matt, stop going into people threads and advising against steroids!

We're all adults aren't we..... ?

We choose our own paths to take, so quit with the random "anti" steroid posts until you have researched a little more ;)

Anyway, subbed !!! :D

Posted

Thanks for your input mate.. Even at a calorie deficit, high protein why would the moderate amount of good carbs effect my fat loss? I believe what you say but I just want to educate myself :)

Carbs make you hold more water and bloat you. Sure in a calorie deficit you will still lose weight, but personally i think for cutting the lower the carbs the better

Posted

Carbs make you hold more water and bloat you. Sure in a calorie deficit you will still lose weight, but personally i think for cutting the lower the carbs the better

Personally I don't notice a difference unless you get down to Keto levels, just feel I lack in energy without carbs, suppose everyone is different.

Posted

So Var,DNP,T3 could be an option for maximal muscle retention/weight loss?

DNP is muscle sparring so AAS wise not too much would be needed

T3 is optional (but does add IME)

Clen,no need on DNP but if needed a stim can help with training (keep HR & BP under control)

Posted

Well, a few things I see.

You are not 35% bodyfat, probably about 25% or even less.

The 40/30/30 diet is the zone diet but it is Carbs/protein/fats

You are taking in 1100 cals in protein, and 1000 cals for energy.

Some of that protein will go to use fuel, and in the gym your energy levels, ATP stores would probably crash under any volume.

If you lowered the protein, upped the carbs some, you would probably have more energy in the gym and actually spare some of the protein from the added carbs.

Carbs are needed, because they top off your energy sources and lets do the math here, resistance training uses predominantly glucose for fuel, limiting that energy will hinder performance in the gym.

With more intensity from the carbs, you will get more out of the gym.

Yes carbs tend to hold more water than lets day fat (4 grams of water for 1 gram of carbs, and .5 grams of water for 1 gram of fats), but the added water in the muscle will aid in leveraging when lifting.

Not only that but allow you to get more nutrients out of your carb sources providing they are fruits and vegetables.

Not only that but the fiber in the fruits and vegetables will allow for better elimination, better lipid profiles and offer more nutrition.

I would drop one of the shakes as well.

I would turn each meal into something that works like:

Apple, can of tuna, some peanuts.

This offers, carbs 25 grams for an apple (granny smith has the lowest GI)

22 grams of protein from the tuna (albacore).

Peanuts would be half fat, other half protein and carbs.

So, that meal has a very good balance of carbs/protein/fats, and depending on how many peanuts (not many) perfect 40/30/30 carbs/protin/fats.

Not to mention a nice balance of good fats from the nuts, antioxidants and soluble fiber from the apple, and some nice fat from the tuna.

Notice how that small meal covers all the macro's nicely, is healthy, and low in the glycemic load of the meal?

Just an idea for you.

Posted

Thanks for everyones opinion and I seriously do appreciate it all.

Yesterday gym session same lifts apart from Deadlift, I increased that to 130kg from 120kg.

My muscles feel harder and I have a lot more energy in the gym for some reason when on this diet rather than keto? whats the reason for this?

Posted

Congrats on your dead lift progress mate!

We're you taking 60% Fat 40% Protein when you were on Keto ?

Posted (edited)

Congrats on your dead lift progress mate!

We're you taking 60% Fat 40% Protein when you were on Keto ?

Thanks mate, Yeah around that and now I am eating 300-350 less calories on this diet and I have a lot more energy. I don't feel a cheat meal once a week is required anymore due to me actually enjoying what I eat now and I feel good too but hopefully I will make progression towards my goals or I will have to make it more strict.

Edited by Muscle

Posted

I felt the same when I gave the carbs up, just felt weak.

Not sure if you get the same ammount of available glycogen from keto but could be wrong.

Posted

Keto diets use ketones for fuel, due to absence of glucose.

Generally those that switch from carbs to fats feel kind of off for about 3 days before ketones are used for fuel, after that I feel better with more energy.

Posted

Deadlift increased to 140kg, everything else the same.