Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does steroids show up in a British Army drugs test?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I was just wondering if steroids show up when taking an Army drug test. I am currently taking Testprop 100 and Tri-test 400 and I am due to start the army but don't want these to show up on my drug test.

Posted

Does the Army not have a web page that you can access the info ???

Posted

No they don't mate, I'm in the Navy and have been tested on-cycle countless times, and never known anyone else get thrown out via CDT either, only people I HEARD got thrown out for AAS are those who left their gear out without securing their lockers properly! :lol:

Posted

Nope. they will be testing for reccy drugs.

Steroid tests would have to be carried out specifically and can be costly as well

Posted

well i have heard that we could now get tested for steroids working on the highways W$NK imo !!!

Posted

no as far as i know they dont test for it cause was spking to someone whos in the forces and they said the lad who he was training with on his tour was massive but natty and the co`s were saying about him being on gear . which was ****ing the lad off cause he wasnt.

so im guessing if they did test for that sort of thing they would have just pulled him if for a test

obv dont take this as 100 % that u will be ok just putting a point across

ps if u do enquire anywere just remember not to give any details that could bite u in the ass haha

Posted

Cheers Lads, does anyone know if your first medical is any different? Im only at the application stage?

Does Chlomid bring your test levels down?

Posted

Well when I did my first pre-joining medical I was still smoking weed and taking pills, so I doubt it, when we first arrived we were informed that we would ALL be drug tested at 6 weeks in, and we were, lost a few guys as well!! :laugh:

But what you need to know and accept is they could test everyone for AAS at any time, so you better be prepared the take the dismissal on the chin if you get caught! The government are cutting the forces to the bone, so if they wanted to reduce numbers further, they could test for AAS and maybe lose another few hundred, saves paying them out 20-80K each for redundancy!

Clomid is used post-cycle to increase natty test levels mate.

Posted

thanks mate im prob best off gettin in first and thru training first

Posted

Yeah clomid helps your HPTA axis get back to normal quicker! (balls come back from hibernation)

Should be aright though mate, loads of ppl on gear in the forces!

Damn right as well will make them better soldiers in my opinion

Posted

I got tested last month on cycle and eph aswell passed

Posted

Hi, I was just wondering if steroids show up when taking an Army drug test. I am currently taking Testprop 100 and Tri-test 400 and I am due to start the army but don't want these to show up on my drug test.

Not this again, why don't you download the the PDF from the MOD, all this info is widely available on the the net due to the FOI act.

Posted

I know aas dosnt show up on a normal military drug test as its a different test to test for steriods.

Does anyone know if t3/t4 and eph show up on the normal test?

Read my post above yours.

Posted

I know aas dosnt show up on a normal military drug test as its a different test to test for steriods.

Does anyone know if t3/t4 and eph show up on the normal test?

Ephedrine will be detected if there is a test for amphetamines or ecstacy (they have the same breakdown products in urine). Just say you have flu, and are using a decongestant containing pseudoephedrine (which has the same metabolites) - Sudafed or Actifed.

I'm a chemist, and I was a scientist in the MOD for 7 years, me and my colleagues were always scared of drug tests and did a lot of research into the subject (probably more than we did for our work!)

Posted

Everything Conscript has said is spot on mate listen to him.You won't be tested specifically for steroids unless you are suspected of taking them and reported(or leave them out for your oppos to see).

You are right when you say you would be best off getting in and through training first,your training will involve stressful situations,mental as well as physical ,having side effects from gear is the last thing you need.

Posted (edited)

Also worth adding that when people say "I was on ephedrine and passed the test" that not all urine samples are tested it is a certain % of each batch so you could have taken a line of coke and an E and still pass as your sample may not be tested in the lab.

Edited by GolfDelta
Spelling correction
Conscript likes this

Posted

Also worth adding that when people say "I was on ephedrine and passed the test" that not all urine samples are tested it is a certain % of each batch so you could have taken a line of coke and an E and still pass as your sample may not be tested in the lab.

eph,amphetamine,ecstacy,cocaine will have passed out of your system within 72 hours unless you are a serious addict. Dopamines like heroin,morphine,valium can stay in your system up to 10 days. Cannabis can stay in your system up to 90 days for a hard user and 10 days for a occasional smoker. Of course all these are dependant on users height,weight etc and more importantly drug quality. If you are unlucky enough to have a hairstrand test your pretty much fcuked!