Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can you be in love with someone and cheat

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Seems to get mixed views this some people categorically say "no you are not in love with them if you cheat on them" others say "it's just sex corse you can be in love and want sex with others" - I'll give you an example of a recent situation that springs to mind. A women i have known for a while, she's always going on about how happy she is in her relationship, constantly posting soppy stuff on Facebook about how lucky she is to have such an amazing boyfriend, then one day we were hanging out and after a few too many vodkas we end up having sex. Next morning she made me swear that i would not tell and that it had to just be a one off as she felt terrible for cheating. I Said ok, no problem it's our secret etc.. don't worry your boyfriend will never find out. Anyway i left her too it and didn't ask again but today she was hinting that she wants it again o said "look if you want it, just ask" so she asked but said "please though it has to be completely secret as i love my boy friend so much and i'd die if he ever found out"

So what's the score? Can you actually be in love and cheat?

p.s yes i'm aware that she has a bf but i don't know him and her ass is far to good to say no to

Posted

LOL

Posted

Yes, defo IMO. Maybe not cheat, but sleep elsewhere and still be in love. Sex does not equal love. Sex can be an expression of love, but is not love itself. TBH the sex part isn't the problem, its the lie.

Posted

What a c*nt.

Posted

Uhhh yes

Posted

Schlllaaaag!!

Seriously though. No she cant love him imo. There is always(even if it is remote) a chance of him finding out, and maybe destroying him for a while. How could anyone potentially put someone they truly love through that.

The other guy is unlucky to be with her.

Posted

Yes, defo IMO. Maybe not cheat, but sleep elsewhere and still be in love. Sex does not equal love. Sex can be an expression of love, but is not love itself. TBH the sex part isn't the problem, its the lie.

Sex does not equal love no, but sex with someone else definitely equates to NOT loving someone imo

Posted

she sounds like a sket and isnt in love, but bored of her partner and is scared of him finding out rather than losing him

Posted

I know sex does not equal love, but I think the fact that if you truly loved the person you could not cheat on them because how could you potentially let them find out about it and feel that hurt if you love them?

It's not to do with whether you think it's bad that you're doing it, it's bad because if you are prepared to hurt someone like that then you don't love them as much as you might have thought.

Posted

Don't no tbh... if you really and trully love somebody you would respect them enough not to cheat physically or emotionally but you will always find others attractive

I'm sitting on the fence here

Posted

she sounds like a sket and isnt in love, but bored of her partner and is scared of him finding out rather than losing him

Yep she's a skettel... Sometimes you get caught in the moment and these things happen but this chick seems a little "different"

Posted

I'm not going to pull the 'I'm old as the hills and know best' line here but my two penneth worth is this. In past I have thought I was in love with people and have cheated on them. Now I know I am in love and the thought wouldn't cross my mind.

Posted

I don't think you can be in love and sleep with someone else. Yes sex can be just sex and no it doesn't necessarily mean love, but if you truly, truly love someone, you would never do anything intentionally that would hurt them or jeopardise your relationship with them. I used to cheat on my ex with random one night flings and thought at the time that I loved her, but now I realise that I didn't love her at all because I love my wife and could never under any circumstances sleep with someone else.

Posted

Tbh I've been with girls who i loved and cheated on them and regretted it like ****, Never went back for seconds though.

I think you can be in love with someone and cheat tbh, cause maybe the thing you love about them is the company, the crack,banter and somebody there for you.

However The best way to think about it is how would you feel if it happened to you.

I know i don't think about anyone doing anything to my mrs. as for 1, i hope she wouldn't, and 2, It makes me sick to think of another fella with my mrs.

Posted

Yep she's a skettel... Sometimes you get caught in the moment and these things happen but this chick seems a little "different"

not much different, apart from raptor grooming her over fb :lol:

only kidding raptor you know i like you really.. still pmsl at the last line

p.s yes i'm aware that she has a bf but i don't know him and her ass is far to good to say no to

Posted

As has been said its the lying that makes it so bad

Posted

I think you can.

We have the capacity to love more than one person

You dont have a child the another 2 and refuse to love them do you......

I have cheated on my partners......all of them. I'm not proud of it and I wish i could find someone who i wont do that to but if the shagging dries up for a while despite me doing my best - I aint going without for long and that is that.

Posted

Love = respect IMO

and she clearly doesnt do either with her boyfriend.

Posted

I think you can.

We have the capacity to love more than one person

You dont have a child the another 2 and refuse to love them do you......

I have cheated on my partners......all of them. I'm not proud of it and I wish i could find someone who i wont do that to but if the shagging dries up for a while despite me doing my best - I aint going without for long and that is that.

But would you do something to intentionally devastate your kids? With the cheating It's not the sex that's bad, it's what it does to the other person that is the bad thing.

Posted

Your a scumbag raptor. Thats the score!

She needs a kick in the fanny aswell

Mingster likes this

Posted

But would you do something to intentionally devastate your kids? With the cheating It's not the sex that's bad, it's what it does to the other person that is the bad thing.

cheating isn't a good thing really but when you are in very long relationships over 10 years - 15 years ..................stuff happens.

No one needs to find out about it.

I'm not going to defend it but i'm not going to be fuking moralised to by 2 faced cnuts either (not aimed at you bro) because I know plenty who cheat like fuk and never admit it lol

Its just one of those things.....happens from time to time

Posted

I think she's in love with your co ck raptor

Raptor likes this

Posted

People, especially men, can differentiate between love and sex. It's the partner who can't deal with it, no one likes to be cheated on.

So, yes - but don't do it. Or don't get caught. :lol:

Posted

cheating isn't a good thing really but when you are in very long relationships over 10 years - 15 years ..................stuff happens.

No one needs to find out about it.

I'm not going to defend it but i'm not going to be fuking moralised to by 2 faced cnuts either (not aimed at you bro) because I know plenty who cheat like fuk and never admit it lol

Its just one of those things.....happens from time to time

I have been a cheater in the past and l swear to every god there is l will NEVER cheat again. What good ever comes of it, people get hurt who usually dont deserve it and for what ?

Posted

She's a grade A cnut IMO. What a rotten, selfish person.

I'm not too sure if 'love' can be defined, but certainly part of having a relationship with someone is respecting them, and she can't respect her b/f if she's slagging it about.

If I was her b/f I'd want to kill her and you tbh.