Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the life expectancy of bodybuilders

166 posts in this topic

Posted

have u ever wondered if all this bodybuilding business, all the constant stress on the body and muscles will affect your life expectancy?

have u ever thought how much stress you are putting on your body with all the blood flow more than someone who does not go to the gym?

i never thought about this as the good diet would compromise this.

do bodybuilder's live longer in general? it would be interesting to compare say twins where one does bodybuild and the other does not.

opinions...

Posted

Not if you take drugs, drug abusing bodybuilders/strongmen die around 40-50 odd.

Posted

thats funny, ronnie coleman is probably one of the bigger abusers in the world and he's still going strong at 40. as are numerous others.

Posted

that would explain why alot of pro wrestlers from when i was a kid are passing away now in there early 40s.....mr perfect,hawk,big boss man....all under 45 :(

oh yea first post! hi! :D

Posted

lol welcome peachy..start a thread and introduce urself...

yeah a lot of pro wrestlers passed over well young... british bulldog was young also..shame

Posted

oh yea the british bulldog! davey boy smith! how did i forget him :(

i'll introduce myself in abit.....i'm abit shy like :rolleyes:

Posted

was there deaths linked to roids in any way even though they were on them ?

Posted

^^^^

very few deaths have medically been linked to steroids. if any.

diuretics yes, steroids - none that spring to mind. all 'linked' are merely speculation.

Posted

well....british bulldog apparently chocked on some food,big boss man just passed away in his sleep.....

didn't the bodybuilder andreas munzer die years back,very young guy and super ripped......can't remember why though?????

post-1568-143613982987_thumb.jpg

Posted

Daily: Ephederine, AN 1, Captagon, Aspirine, Valium, Clenbuterol , Thyroid

10-6 weeks before the Competition daily:

2 injects Testoviron a 250 mg 1 inject Parabolan

30 tablets Halotestin

30 tablets DBOL

20 IE* STH

20 IE* Insuline

5-3 weeks before the Competition daily:

3 injects Masteron

2 injects Parabolan

30 tablets Halotestin

50 tablets Stromba

2 injects Stromba

24 IE* STH

Insulin

2-1 weeks before the Competition daily:

2 injects Masteron

2 injects Stromba

40 tablets Halotestin

80 tablets Stromba

24 IE* STH

Insulin

IGF

i think we can all agree the guy was a huge abuser.

Posted

Mate i doubt very much if anyone will ever know what Andreas used. I mean most of its guess work. How would they know.

As for pro-wrestlers etc then gear is the least of there worries imo. Alot of them heavily abuse rec drugs and are addicted to strong painkillers. I man these guys are on the road 300+ days of the year. They need the extra kick just to keep going.

IMO the majority of bodybuilding related deaths are down to diuretic abuse and such like.

It annoys me because steroids get the blame for everything because its all people think these atheletes use. You ask Jimmy about all the other stuff that goes on!!! It would blow your mind.

Posted

thats a good point rob about pro wrestlers and pain killers! a guy called eddie gurrero nearly died twice a few years ago due to an on going injury and addiction,i guess the pressure to compete and earn money just made the addiction worse! hes back bigger,better than ever now though!

Posted

its all a guess

But take this into thought... those couch potatoes who have no life, can't take their shirt off at the beach, get winded on stairs, too tired to play with their kids, ect ect are they even living at all?

Posted

How olds arnie now? 65?

Posted

about that with heart surgery ;)

Posted

Great post truewarrior and robdog.

I do know that some of the UFC guys take gear and their cardio is terrible.

I myself notice that my cardio gets worse on gear.

Hey it takes more oxygen to fuel that extra muscle.

Posted

ufc guys take gear? :eek:

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Posted

LOL 90% of them look juiced up to me. HGH aswell!!

Posted

tito ortiz has roid rage ;)

Posted

Anyone any pics of Bodybuilders in their 6o's/70's/80's?? Thoses that have continued training that is.

Posted

thats funny, ronnie coleman is probably one of the bigger abusers in the world and he's still going strong at 40. as are numerous others.

1 thing i have pondered for a while now.......Ronnie is/was in the police force for yrs, yeah?! well, are/where his employers completely naive to the fact he is like... one of the biggest juiceheads in the world, or did they just turn a blind eye to it?!! :confused: :confused:

Posted

ufc guys take gear? :eek:

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Yeah, i read somewhere that they dont do tests for gear in UFC, some guy that was getting interviewed said words to the affect of: it doesnt really give fighters that much of an edge in No Holds Barred fighting unless they get the fight over with quickly, users burn out quicker than the natural's if the bout goes a long distance, which against a grapple fighter is bound to happen!!

Posted

bodybuilding without drugs is brilliant for the body. Alcahol, fags and recreational drugs that does more damage

Posted

1 thing i have pondered for a while now.......Ronnie is/was in the police force for yrs, yeah?! well, are/where his employers completely naive to the fact he is like... one of the biggest juiceheads in the world, or did they just turn a blind eye to it?!! :confused: :confused:

i think the fact he's on the juice was kinda overruled by the threat of having a 300lb+ man on your police force..it saves on having to buy horses or riot control, just send ronnie in :axe:

he actually does bb full time now :) but i believe they said his job is always open.