Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New job as personal trainer...

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been training for over 15 years now.

In that time have learned so much about training, nutrition, etc.

Have pondered loads of times about giving PT a go as I love training myself and other people so much.

Recently lost my job and decided I am going to give it a go.

In my current gym there are personal trainers but watching them most of them don't have a clue.

Have trained loads of people over the years and they have always been happy, but didn't charge them.

Will also be supplying protein powders, supplements, etc.

So any help in my new venture would be appreciated :)

Posted

The ymca course will guarantee you a job interview with a gym if your not looking to go down the working for yourself route, so there a pretty good course to go with just for that imo

Posted

I am going to try doing it for myself at the local gym just now, then see how it goes from there.

Posted

Good luck mate. I could really do with a personal trainer with loads of experience in BBing. Shame you're in Scotland lol.

Posted

Mate you need your little piece of paper saying your a level 3 personal trainer or none of the big fanchise gym will touch you and there the ones with the cliants. Trust me.

Im looking to become a personal trainer and move to ireland so i have done alaod of research into it.

Posted

You need to be qualified mate so you can get insurance. If you're not insured and someone gets injured you could get f***ed up!

The gov were sponsoring unemployed people to do gym instructor courses at one time?

Posted

What he ^^^ said