UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Satan.....The Devil

3K views 132 replies 28 participants last post by  Ironclad 
#1 ·
Are you afraid of the Devil

Do you think it a real being or more of an aspect of our personality.

A fable for teaching children good and bad...

Do you think it a actuality and that "he" may be winning

Do you know any "Satanists".......

I think it's a load of old w@nk but I may tell you of somthing that happened in a local nursing home 3 days ago that actually intrugued me and i'm not easily intrigued lol

#13 ·
I no more believe in the existence of Satan in a literal sense, than I do of God in a literal sense.

Good and evil exist though, therefor (like every religion on earth) I believe there's some form of good and evil force/deity/god/devil... whatever it may be. Energy forces, higher powers, god(s), devil(s)..... hell for all we know we could have been created by aliens (or else I'm watching too much History channel lmao)... BUT. I don't accept that we are the be all and end all :)

#21 ·
All bs inc god, heaven etc.

I listen to loads of metal though, a lot of which would not exist without Satan, Evil and black magic etc!

I'm quite intersted in the origins of religions and stuff and like reading about them, like how easter and christmas were originally Pagan festivals/holidays but were hijacked by Christianity as the dates were convenient! If you have a spare hour or so read this sh1t, the chap is obviously biased but seems well educated on the subject matter. Before you read it please don't be offended, it's by the frontman of an English black metal band and is not meant to offend anyone in particular! http://www.themeadsofasphodel.com/?q=metatrons-codex

#22 ·
Satanism is much bigger in other countries (the Norwegian, also more coming up in Poland lol), Alot of black metal bands are heavily influenced by this, they have strange commandments and ****.

Im not a believer of any religion i just find it interesting to learn about them, better to know and accept i think.

Anyways its getting established more and more, so is there a devil, dunno but dunno if there is a god or any of the other higher powers, im sceptical tho clearly. no proof!

#25 ·
Raptor said:
We all have the devil in us, he may not be a dude who's been painted red but we all have him inside us
People do bad stuff.

So do animals.

We just need something to explain or blame it on as we believe we are above such behaviour such as murder, rape, genocide.

Look at the 'cute' Chimpanzees when they come across a rival group, it's carnage but we say it's just territorial behaviour.

Or am I going off on a tangent?

#26 ·
F*ck me I've just this second been watching a debate.

Before a time without police and law people conjured up a system by which 'god' spoke directly through them, if you didn't abide by the laws of this god then you will suffer for all eternity. This middleman would then have reaped the benefits- creating his own laws and claiming a higher being is ordering you all to do it.

Then of course when questions come about christians/jews/muslims etc just patchworked the system. Nowdays you see so many fence-sitters when it comes to religion; deists, pantheists, god created all laws of nature then took a backseat... the list could go on forever.

Ultimately this has lead to greatly diluted religions which can't stand up to the simplest of criticisms. Nowdays it seems that it's just millennia old chinese whispers.

But back to the point, it seems fair that as being intelligent beings we assume everything has to come full circle- This man killed my wife, but it's ok he's going to suffer forever in a pit of fire. To many this may provide consolation however I, and I would think many others, believe this not to be the case. Bad things happen, and they do happen to good people, sometimes without consequence but that's life. We heal and then move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.