Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lidl chicken breast CHEAP

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Lidl are doing 3 Chicken breast 540g £1.99

Dammmmnnnn !!!

Posted

Very good deal but cooked some last night & 30% reduction in weight following cooking due to excessive water content. Still cheap though.

Posted

i normally buy chicken from the butchers and ive noticed less water loss than supermarket chicken.

Posted

I normally just get 5kg from whole salers for £20

Posted

I normally just get 5kg from whole salers for £20

fcuk thats cheap!!! Send me some please lol.

Posted

Is it the reg price or short term offer? Also, refrigerated or frozen?

Get mine from Smithfield butchers, 5kg for £24.99 and apart from the very noticeable lack of size loss once cooked, they are not 'chewy' like supermarket brands.

May give Lidl a try though, as buying 5kg at a time and freezing/defrosting it is a pain in the ****.

Posted

i get 1kg for 4.50 anyway so not much difference

Posted

Farmfoods are doing 3 x 1kg bags of skinless and boneless chicken breast for £10, 4 breast per bag and are a good size, not noticed much size loss after cooking.

Posted

Ive got some from tesco the size loss is stupid. Will be taking a trip to lidl tomorrow though i best find some! Last time someone mentioned a deal on here i went there too look for it and they'd ran out!!

Posted

I get 1kg from morrisons for £3.50 for there basics ones full of water lol but taste not bad,Are the lidl ones still only 3 per customer like last time i had to send the missis and her mum in 5 times :lol:

Posted

I get 1kg from morrisons for £3.50 for there basics ones full of water lol but taste not bad,Are the lidl ones still only 3 per customer like last time i had to send the missis and her mum in 5 times :lol:

Got a big freezer haha?

Posted

Got a big freezer haha?

Lol ive got 3 ive got a real problem with buying reduced meat from supermarkets its almost ocd but when you see a steak for 50p you gotta buy it,Problem is ive still got meat from last year in there.

Il get a pic up of my freezers you will laugh nothing cost more than a pound lol.

Posted

Lol ive got 3 ive got a real problem with buying reduced meat from supermarkets its almost ocd but when you see a steak for 50p you gotta buy it,Problem is ive still got meat from last year in there.

Il get a pic up of my freezers you will laugh nothing cost more than a pound lol.

Haha sounds good in jealous!

Posted

I get 5kg of chicken breast (22 breasts) from Macro, for £20.99, works out at less than a pound a breast and don't get any water reduction or anything.

Posted

At the butchers i go to near me when im in the Uk its 5 pound a KG and they all weigh 250g perfect :D

Posted

Asda smart price frozen breast £3.99 per kilo :) i eat a bag a day. Sure it's got some water so it's 27grams of protein per 100 grams. Still a bloody bargain though.

Posted

Asda smart price frozen breast £3.99 per kilo :) i eat a bag a day. Sure it's got some water so it's 27grams of protein per 100 grams. Still a bloody bargain though.

Year old thread bump lol

Posted

Very good deal but cooked some last night & 30% reduction in weight following cooking due to excessive water content. Still cheap though.

chicken is made of water, of course it reduced in weight lol.

Posted

Year old thread bump lol

damn....my point is still valid though :D

Posted

Ive tried the Lidl and Aldi chicken both are cheaper and better quality than Tesco etc.

Posted

The thing I hate about lidl is the labels are mostly foreign :/

Posted

Year old thread bump lol

Lol, my bad, I'm new here so still getting used to how the forum works, I actually foundvthis thread on a google result and didn't bother checking the date lol

Posted

i got some from macros.. its only 80% chicken but it was 32 quid for 10kg ! now u cant go wront with that