Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

balancing out arm size

26 posts in this topic

Posted

iv been working out for 2 years or so now (not the strictest routine / diet but still working out) and have really started to notice my left arm is noticeably bigger... i am left handed so i know that plays some part in it but has anyone got any good tips to balance out size? any help wud be great guys :)

Posted

simple use dumbells more and single cable exercises and dont do your left arm for a few weeks. Everyone has a slightly bigger arm so dont worry to much about it.

Posted

Masturbate with your right hand. Even if it doesn't feel as good.

Posted

Probably all in your head, just keep training consistantly and dont listen to rocky666 advice, because thats pretty crap advice

Posted

Our bodies are uneven by nature

Posted

thanks for the advice :) il not worry 2 much 4 now but do a few less on th left neways 4 a while

Posted

My right is 1/2" bigger than my left but my left looks bigger/better lol

Posted (edited)

just do everything with your right hand, like brushing your teeth etc for a while, thats really the difference, but theres no point stopping lifting with the left hand, just let it keep getting bigger id say regardless lol

Edited by shinobi_85

Posted

Train both arms as you normally but put a bit more volume into your right arm, it'll soon catch up!

Posted

always start with the weaker arm when curling

Posted

my right tricep puts my left to shame. my rights always looked a lil bigger but sometimes it seems more pronounced after a training sesh.

Posted

always start with the weaker arm when curling

iv been doing that for a while mate

started brushing my teeth with the right hand. feels really weird and wrong lmao

Posted

Use synthol !!! LoL

Joke ( poor attempt of humour!)

Posted

Use synthol !!! LoL

Joke ( poor attempt of humour!)

Lol

Posted

It's normal to have one limb slightly larger than the other - even the bones in your dominant arm and leg are normally ever so slightly heavier/denser/longer/thicker than the non dominant limb.

If it's a very noticable problem with muscle imbalance then stick with one arm DB and cable exercises, make sure form is equal for both limbs, and always start with your weakest arm first and let that limit how many reps you do with your stronger arm.

Posted

Good job I thought I would search first!

I have this same problem as I am also left handed and my left arm is noticeably bigger then my right.. Once pumped it looks even worse!!

My problem began 15 years ago when I started my apprenticeship as a sparky.. My left hand is my screwdriver hand!

At the moment I'm only using a bar for my bicep curls as I figure that I'll work my right arm as much as my left and that should help it play catch up (that's my theory anyway)...

:)

Posted

Agree with others. Priority training should be the approach that same as any other bodypart. Train your lagging body part first. My legs were lagging behind, (not that i never trained legs, just that they were lagging) so i started the weeks training with legs first. now they have caught up.

Posted

Great advice! This will now be my priorty... Train right side first. It's not just my bicep. More noticeable is my popeye forearm! Lol...

Posted

Great advice! This will now be my priorty... Train right side first. It's not just my bicep. More noticeable is my popeye forearm! Lol...

Yeah i have a forearm problem, left is 1 inch smaller than right.

Posted

Yeah i have a forearm problem, left is 1 inch smaller than right.

Too much w@nking!

Posted

my forearm is larger on rightarm, bicep/tri is only like 0.2" difference but lack of muscle on left forearm does hinder me a bit! espically when fatigure

Posted

Can anyone explain this.... I'm right handed in everything I do... But my left is a lot stronger than my right. My left is quite a lot less coordinated than my right but I have always started my curls with my right but can only finish my last set with my left arm!?

Posted

You **** with your left hand, question solved. :)

Posted

Can anyone explain this.... I'm right handed in everything I do... But my left is a lot stronger than my right. My left is quite a lot less coordinated than my right but I have always started my curls with my right but can only finish my last set with my left arm!?

This is exactly as my friend quoted me! He said it makes no sense that my left side is stronger...

However my reply was that I use my left side everyday... I think occupation does play a big part in this!

Paul.

Posted

It's normal to have one limb slightly larger than the other - even the bones in your dominant arm and leg are normally ever so slightly heavier/denser/longer/thicker than the non dominant limb.

If it's a very noticable problem with muscle imbalance then stick with one arm DB and cable exercises, make sure form is equal for both limbs, and always start with your weakest arm first and let that limit how many reps you do with your stronger arm.