UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

How much money left over do you guys have after rent/bills/food/petrol etc?

10K views 129 replies 40 participants last post by  evad 
#1 ·
Im on a mad saving session at the mo, want to go away with the missus in july :)

I earn around £1200 a month after tax, when my Bills/Food and Rent are paid im left with around £500 for myself, trying to put 300 away a month, to live off £50 a week just spare cash!

Just wondered what you guys manage to do :)

#5 ·
Yeah, Laurie has the right idea. Smart thing to do. Even if you're only putting 50 quid away a month throughout your younger years, you will thank yourself later down the line rather than wasting it on crap. Open up a high interest savings account (is there such a thing at the moment? My I.S.A account has been sh1t interest for 2 or 3 years since the global economic crisis) and don't touch it.

#8 ·
Living in Australia at the minute im earning a killing compared to what I would get in the UK.

I have been saving but also investing in some expensive stuff I couldn't afford in the UK as easy.

Back to saving for me now, want to buy a house when I get home so need a nice big deposit these days

#11 ·
Practically nothing hence why I'm moving soon!

Only working part time, not entitles to benefits and trying to keep my own place has proved impossible. Mate is letting me move in with her rent free for a while so thats £100 a week better off straight away.

Really back into the bodybuilding now so will be great to be able to buy the food I want instead of whats cheap

#14 ·
Same situation and attitude as Laurie G.

To anyone wasting huge amounts of money on rent... for gods sake invest in bricks and mortar. There has always been a shortage of housing in this country and always will be, therefore property prices (and rent) are always going to rise long term.

For the same reason its wise to invest that money in property because it will always give a good return long term. Rent = dead money.

#15 ·
Squeeeze said:

To anyone wasting huge amounts of money on rent... for gods sake invest in bricks and mortar. There has always been a shortage of housing in this country and always will be, therefore property prices (and rent) are always going to rise long term.

For the same reason its wise to invest that money in property because it will always give a good return long term. Rent = dead money.
It not as easy as that at the min though, trying to get a mortgage now is hard as foook

#19 ·
Squeeeze said:

Its not that easy I already own a property else where, try to sell it and no one will buy it.. Also bank makes getting a second mortgage a pain in the backside, need at least £60k deposit to buy Something like where I live.. I wish I had that sort of money sitting about..

#23 ·
Sorry correction since buying the Focus RS its cost me a fortune filling it up because I am the nugget that buys a 2.5 litre rocket when the fuel prices are at there worst. Everybody point at the special kid. So knock off about £250 a month for fuel.... (thats how much I put in it last month).

#24 ·
Yep same as Laurie. Bodybuilding and cars are the only thing i really spend money on. But still sensibly. For instance i dont go out buying GASP clothing coz i wanna have that badass bodybuilder image, and I wont buy a car that I cannot afford yet e.g a Ferrari lol.

It all boils down to how disciplined you can be.

Yes its fun to go out on the lash and pull birds. But if you want to save money and haev some luxuries you have to prioritise and work around it

#26 ·
Glassback said:
Sorry correction since buying the Focus RS its cost me a fortune filling it up because I am the nugget that buys a 2.5 litre rocket when the fuel prices are at there worst. Everybody point at the special kid. So knock off about £250 a month for fuel.... (thats how much I put in it last month).
im here for ya bro, i bought a ****ing nissan navara so that i could put the dog in the back cab, ****ing numbnut i am, then i got a new job which makes me travel 90 miles to and from work along a motorway, hands up if your fuel bill is £30 a day........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.