Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My dog is shivering/trembling and wont eat her food?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Just asking if anyone has any experience with this, she hasn't eaten in 2 days or so, her own food anyway and she seems to be shaking/shivering as if she's cold or something but it's pretty warm today.

Would she be ill or anything?

Cheers.

Posted

vets mate

when my dog did this she had a muscle wasting disease. not trying to worry you but get her checked out

Posted

vets mate

when my dog did this she had a muscle wasting disease. not trying to worry you but get her checked out

Kk man cheers.

She's only started doing it, should I let it go a day or two just to make sure or something?

Posted

how is her demeanor? does she seem down? withdrawn? it really could be summit as simple as a cold but personally i would get her to the vets asap

Posted

is it foaming at the jaw?

Posted

Get her to the vets mate asap! Don't risk it even if it is nothing it's better to be safe than sorry!

Posted

how is her demeanor? does she seem down? withdrawn? it really could be summit as simple as a cold but personally i would get her to the vets asap

Yeah she seems a bit down in all fairness, most mornings she'll be jumping all over me and **** when I get up but she was sleeping..

Hmm

Posted

No idea mate wish her a the best and hope you get things sorted out!

Would dread that if it was my dog! Something you got no control or know nothing about

Posted

Yeah she seems a bit down in all fairness, most mornings she'll be jumping all over me and **** when I get up but she was sleeping..

Hmm

almost defo ill then mate (not that i am an expert)

its 5hit that dogs cant tell you whats wrong isnt it

Posted

damn, I hate reading things like this... specially when I can't do anything for the poor dog. I'd take her to the vets right now mate. she can't tell you whats wrong with her and you don't know.. she might be in pain.. Please take her to the vets now.... I hope she gets well soon buddy...

Posted

If she's not had any food in two days then I wouldn't leave it any longer and would get her to the vets as soon as you can mate.

Posted

is it foaming at the jaw?

bloody hell mate... dont go there... I hope she aint got that...

Posted

almost defo ill then mate (not that i am an expert)

its 5hit that dogs cant tell you whats wrong isnt it

It is indeed man lol

I think she'll be alright, it's calmed down a lot in the past 20 minutes or so, but she's just doing it on like 10-20 second intervals...

I'm gonna' leave it a little while now and see how it goes.

Posted

It is indeed man lol

I think she'll be alright, it's calmed down a lot in the past 20 minutes or so, but she's just doing it on like 10-20 second intervals...

I'm gonna' leave it a little while now and see how it goes.

frankly i think your stupid if you do.

not eaten for 2 days, that presents dehydration and then no energy from lack of food, if shes shaking aswell thats no good.

my dog had to have aloy of injections and treatments when she came down with somthing similar, we nearly lost her..

you'd be stupid to leave it in my opinion, not just for you but for the dog.

Posted

We all worry about our pets when they become ill, but i think sometimes we ( me included ) can over react.Dogs can pick up bugs just as we do but they are generally more resilient than us so they don't get as many.

At the end of the day only you can judge if she needs to goto the vets, but as long as she's getting some fluids down her i'd try not to worry too much. she's most likely found something on the ground and eaten it.

Give her a day or 2 m8,unless she gets worse, and see how she goes.

Posted

not eaten for 2 days, that presents dehydration and then no energy from lack of food, if shes shaking aswell thats no good.

my dog had to have aloy of injections and treatments when she came down with somthing similar, we nearly lost her..

She's been drinking and stuff.. just no food.

And when I say a little while I mean like 45 minutes or so.

Posted

stop being a cheapskate and get her to the vets b!tch. try the ones run by donations and u wont have to worry about the bill. u just donate what u can afterwards

Posted

mate, what was wrong with your dog when you took her to vets? just asking because I want to know what causes that so I can prevent it for my baby...

Posted

She's been drinking and stuff.. just no food.

And when I say a little while I mean like 45 minutes or so.

mate you got pet insurance?

Posted

mate, what was wrong with your dog when you took her to vets? just asking because I want to know what causes that so I can prevent it for my baby...

several things, dust allergy, wheat intolerance and lactose intolerance.

she was then giving these steriods to help calm her when she does have a reaction, to dust. but she was then allegic to the steriods as they contained somthing toxic in them, but its all good now, she'd get special dog food, and hers as good as she's ever been:)

Posted

mate you got pet insurance?

Umm... I'm signed up with my vets for a monthly price and they give you discounts on everything anyway. So no, but it's relatively cheap for me.

She's calmed down a bit now btw. Sleeping and no shakes for now!

Posted

don't be a pr**k then and take her to the vets ffs

Posted

I think its incredibly selfish if you dont take the dog to the vets mate, it could save its life.

Posted

if it was a baby you'd have taken her to the hospital before even posting on here

don't wait a couple of days, get her to the fvcking vet

Posted

I don't know why your all saying it's selfish and I'm a pr**k.. I said I was going to jesus ****ing christ. I said I was leaving it a little while, not a day or 2.