Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Burgen Bread, Wholemeal bread (hovis nasty stuff) or Seeded Batch?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't normally eat bread unless I'm super tired and can't make some kind of better carb source, but which is the better stuff?

I'm thinking Burgen will be the better and seeded batch.

Posted

BUMPAGE.

Posted

If it's only the odd occasion does it really matter?

Posted

Burgen mate, checked this ages go and burgen bread is gorgeous.

Posted

Or wholemeal bagels?

Posted

Good choice, never tried them. Any good?

Posted

I'd choose Burgen bread, the soya and linseed variety.

You'll get more protein per slice and their bread is very low GI (if you're a follower of that).

Posted

If it's only the odd occasion does it really matter?

Well I normally have 2-3 pieces a day really fella. Just to get in calories and that with my breakfast and other meals.

Posted

Good choice, never tried them. Any good?

Lovely mate, one of my meals is now two wholemeal bagels, a small ammount of light philly and 100g chicken roll/ham on each. the bagles have 10g protein each so total 60g protein for that meal and it goes down easy.

Posted

Joe - that's like saying which is better: - coke, smack, meths or LSD.

Okay, poor analogy, but what I'm trying to say is it's indigestible carbs. We're not built to digest grains (why do you think your ****'s full of corn kernels after you eat sweetcorn...?! Our bodies don't know what to do with it).

Soon as I stopped eating bread/grainy crap, I stopped having IBS. Needless to say, I don't eat carbs. I find my diet gives me all the energy I need without...

Just sayin'...

SP

Posted

Seeded Batch all the way :)

Posted

Burgen bread if you like bitch tits.

Posted

Why are people so anti bread, ok White bread is sh1te, but 'nasty' hovis stuff I think is fine a couple pieces a day- wholegrain and 4g protein a slice. Don't know why ppl hate on it!!

Posted

And for the record cokes better :P

Posted

Burgen bread if you like bitch tits.

Haha my family call it Menopause bread.

Posted

Okay, poor analogy, but what I'm trying to say is it's indigestible carbs. We're not built to digest grains (why do you think your ****'s full of corn kernels after you eat sweetcorn...?! Our bodies don't know what to do with it).

Soon as I stopped eating bread/grainy crap, I stopped having IBS. Needless to say, I don't eat carbs. I find my diet gives me all the energy I need without...

Just sayin'...

SP

I eat like a man.

Just sayin'...

JP

Posted

Haha my family call it Menopause bread.

That's because it's full of estrogen promoting plant sterols and soy. Stay well clear IMO.

Posted

Why are people so anti bread, ok White bread is sh1te, but 'nasty' hovis stuff I think is fine a couple pieces a day- wholegrain and 4g protein a slice. Don't know why ppl hate on it!!

People are epicly anti-bread I did notice. I am cutting it slowly though, tis a **** carb source.

Posted

That's because it's full of estrogen promoting plant sterols and soy. Stay well clear IMO.

seeded batch it is?

Posted

What makes it a **** carb source?

Posted

I don't see the problem with bread, yes it can be hard to digest but I used it all through my contest prep 200g a day last year everyday even up to show day

Posted

Unless ur going low/no carb I believe it's alright as long as u don't smash too much of it in

Posted

OJay - you saying that made a big difference bro! Back to seeded batch.

Posted

Just sayin'...

SP

do you stay in ketosis pretty much all year? true we dont need carbs to survive if the right supplementation was taken i.e fibre vits/mins

but glucose is the primary source of energy for the body and of course we know the importance of insulin and its anabolic benefits along with glycogen etc

a freind of mine stays in ketosis similarly (except for a carb meal once a week to kickstart metabolism and somewhat replenish glycogen) and doesnt complain of energy levels declining but while losing bf wouldnt be a problem making significant gains would be

Posted

much better sources of carbs than bread but 2-3 slices wont hurt if not cutting.