Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iPhone 4 jailbreak?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone jailbroken there iPhone 4 if so would they recommend it an have use had any problems with it crashing or that?

Posted (edited)

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w

read here bud, but i would wait till the final version is out , there are still a few bugs like no bluetooth and skype etc

and its only released for MAC users, Windows version is not out yet

Edited by flynnie11

Posted

Let me give you the best advice i can buddy..

A bloke where i work did this ajilbreak with his iphone 3g.. Everything was going great for about 3 months he downloaded loads satnav tom tom the lot..

Then he got the a bill for his itunes and guess what!.... They found out he used this method and had to pay £2347- back... Gutted. I wouldnt advise this at all.

Posted

A bloke where i work did this ajilbreak with his iphone 3g.. Everything was going great for about 3 months he downloaded loads satnav tom tom the lot..

Then he got the a bill for his itunes and guess what!.... They found out he used this method and had to pay £2347- back... Gutted. I wouldnt advise this at all.

I have no idea how that's possible. And how could you possibly download apps that expensive?

Posted

I call Bull $hit on this. Ive got a Jailbroken I4 and ive downloaded hundreds of apps with no problem.

Apple cant tell what your downloading unless its through the app store. FACT

Try www.Jailbreakme.com

My Iphone 4 is awsome since Ive jailbroken it, no problems at all. In fact its a better phone now that when it was factory set.

Posted

Cheers guys think a will read up on it before I make my final decision!

Anyone else feel free to comment on jail

Broken iPhone 4

Posted (edited)

I had a iphone 3g, jailbroken then iphone 3gs jailbroken

Only time it crashes is when you change settings and themes to ones that arent well.. made properly lol.

Im getting iphone4 end of this month, first thing im doing is jailbreaking

look at limera1n - windows based jailbreaking

and greenpois0n

Edited by itsjosh

Posted

I had a iphone 3g, jailbroken then iphone 3gs jailbroken

Only time it crashes is when you change settings and themes to ones that arent well.. made properly lol.

Im getting iphone4 end of this month, first thing im doing is jailbreaking

look at limera1n - windows based jailbreaking

and greenpois0n

wont work cause them jailbreaks dont work on the newest baseband and firmware , and u cant downgrade

Posted

they work on up to 4.1 - OP hasn't stated which firmware he is on, so figured a little bit of research for him first wont harm :)

Posted

If you ignore the land of bullshit above you will be fine mate, if you are on firmware 4.1 or below its a piece of piss

Posted

Like a div I upgraded my version to 4.1 and lost the lot. I can't jailbreak it until a patch comes out.

Posted

What a load of crap!!!

Posted

Like a div I upgraded my version to 4.1 and lost the lot. I can't jailbreak it until a patch comes out.

you can jailbreak 4.1 no probs, do you mean 4.2