Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MP oats - thumbs up

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Just coming to the end of my first 5 kg MP ground oats.

These are fantastic! I have tried so many supplements to put weight on and none have really worked. I knew my diet was somewhat light on carbs (this was deliberate) so I have had 150 g of oats a day (50 g with each shake).

Not only do I have more energy but i have put on a solid 2.5 kg and look visibly bigger, not only that but I am increasing weights.

Big thumbs up to MP :-)

Posted

Congrats mate well done

Posted

Oats from the supermarket are cheaper :thumbup1:

Posted

Oats from the supermarket are cheaper :thumbup1:

they arent powdered though are they.

powdered oats can just be thrown into a shake and downed with ease

Posted

Great stuff! We find them great to add in our morning shake, especially the flavoured versions for that extra flavour.

Also, a few of the team have tried them in baking for a sweeter treat, with some of our MP MAX Foods.

Posted

Im on my second 5kg bag now... Great product :)

Posted

i found the taste nasty. not sure what the flavoured ones are like tbh.

Posted

I use the unflavoured ones... Just taste like oats to me, nothing more nothing less!

Posted

Brilliant product...300ml milk, 3 raw eggs, 1 scoop propep, 2 scoops powdered oats, down the neck. Breakfast done!

Posted

MP Oats - i use them everyday, 1 in breakfast shake, and 2-3 (depending on my banana availability). great stuff, slow release, and considering i dont like porridge... tastes ok.

Posted

they arent powdered though are they.

powdered oats can just be thrown into a shake and downed with ease

So can normal oats, if you aint a pussy :) Sure they might be lumpy but they all go down the same haha

Seriously tho I find powdered oats always sink to the bottom and make the shake thick and nasty at the bottom where as normal oats just float about better.

Men = Real oats!

Pussyclats = Powdered oats!

Good that MP listen to their customers tho and bring out products to suit

Posted

Mieow

Posted

Yeah I'm on my first ever bag of MP oats and using them in the morning and sometimes before bed. One thing I would say is not getting a scoop is pretty poor I now have to use my PHD scoop and guesstimate what 100g is pretty annoying.

Posted

just put them in the blender , job done !

Posted

I like food, so the more bite the better IMO. But if I want powdered oats then I put them in a coffee grinder. My local whole foods shop also sells badly ground oats (probably the the crumbs from the bottom of the barrel, but means they are cheap)

Posted

Yeah I'm on my first ever bag of MP oats and using them in the morning and sometimes before bed. One thing I would say is not getting a scoop is pretty poor I now have to use my PHD scoop and guesstimate what 100g is pretty annoying.

get some little digy scales or know exactly the weight what your scoop holds in oats, its deceving ,oats are nearly double the weight of whey protein, when i first started using them a while ago i was having over 100g in every shake 3 times a day.

Posted

get some little digy scales or know exactly the weight what your scoop holds in oats, its deceving ,oats are nearly double the weight of whey protein, when i first started using them a while ago i was having over 100g in every shake 3 times a day.

I think I may be having more like 150g+ thinking about it actually. I use 3 full scoops...

Posted

Does anyone know how many grams of oats are in a large scoop from mp? Also a large scoop of Myprotein impact whey?

Posted

Does anyone know how many grams of oats are in a large scoop from mp? Also a large scoop of Myprotein impact whey?

Depends if they are loose in the scoop or compact ect. I don't know though?

Posted

1 x level MP Plastic Scoop (large) of MP Oats weighs 42g, 1 x level MP Plastic Scoop (large) of Impact Whey Protein weighs 25g. Hope that helps!

Posted

Thanks that's a big help. I wasnt being lazy just never had any scales.