UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Off Season Log for 2012

32K views 311 replies 61 participants last post by  big_jim_87 
#1 ·
i have been running a log on Uk Iron for a few weeks and at first was undecided to running the log on other sites.......

i decided to run the log on UKM and MuscleChat as well......it will document everything to do with my off season run over the next 12-15months as i run in to getting back onstage in 2012....

i have changed alot for this off season for no other reason than trying new things and new approach to see what it brings, i am never coached in the off season. Harold has been my Pre-comp coach since 2005 but i run my off season on my own...until now...i have decided to join up with Skip from Intense Muscle for this year to see what his approach will bring to my physique.

my training is a 3 day Push/Pull/Legs style routine running over a 5 week cycle with the first 4 weeks running the above style although the working sets do increase each week starting at week one at 6 working sets which then increase by 2 working sets each week culminating at 12 working sets per bodypart on week 4.....week 5 is a rest week with me only training once on a wednesday which is more of a run through workout but the emphasis of this week is to rest and recover.......all sets will aim to be 10-12 reps although i may drop this to 8 reps when trying to surpass PB's.......

my diet is key as you might think it would be for this process.......i will not give breakdowns for the meals but i will give what i am eating.....at the moment my daily cals are approx 3000......it dips slightly on non training days and slightly higher on training days.

my supplements will be Extreme products on the most part with the addition of Animal Vitamin Packs, Krill oil with extra Vit D, E and C

my gear on the most part will be peptide based as i am taking a break from the gear, what i have decided is to use a HRT dose of 100-150mg of test per week this is mainly at 40 my natty levels will be very low and counter productive for basic life stuff never mind bodybuilding.....along with this i will be using the following...

2mg MGF PWO

100MCG IGF-1LR3 PrWO x 2 week

100mcg g-csf PWO

4.5iu GH am

200mcg GRF/GHRP2 before bed

HCG 500iu once a week

so thats it guys, i hope you will enjoy the journal and ask questions etc......i will be adding Videos when i can and posting them in the journal....here are two i have done so far....

to start this here is tonights session.....

my weight has dropped to 206lbs not the most ideal situation for someone in a mass gaining phase......but my condition is good
smile.gif

cooked all my food this morning then packed the car up for my 300mile trip to north wales......

i have switched the sessions around this week as i am training with Rack at Olympic Gym in Salford on Monday and wanted to train chest/shoulders with him......so this mean i trained Back/Biceps and rear delts tonight it is week 2 of the blast so that is 8 working sets per bodypart.....

Back:

Chins 2 working sets both with 20kg weight added

Partial deads 3 working sets (PB was acheived of 150kg for 10 reps)

Wide grip pulldowns 3 working sets

Rear Delts:

Cable cross over pulls 4 working sets

Face pulls 4 working sets

Biceps:

EZ bar curl 3 working sets

Nautilus preacher curl 3 working sets

Cable curl 2 working sets

cardio will be hard to do this week because of travelling and work so i completed tonight's session with 30min on the treadmill......

food today as i mentioned was all cooked and packed this morning.......all my cooking is done in coconut oil using the exact amount needed for the required fats in each meal......

Meal 1/2/3 - Chicken/Basmati rice/Veg

Meal 4 - Chicken/Veg/Olives/Nuts

Meal 5 - Cereal/Whey

Meal 6 - White rice/Chicken

See less See more
2 1
#10 ·
ah24 said:
Glad you've started this over here - had been following bits of it on IntenseMuscle :)

Good luck with it. When it comes to pre-comp in 2012 are you sticking with Skip or will you be working with Harold again?
Hey Adam i have not thought that far ahead yet mate.....although i prepped myself for the Universe Harold kept an eye on me which was a great help, i found the experiance to be a good one though......i decided to for the first time use a off season prep coach to try something new instead of the same old way i had been using for years, this may be the same come 2012 it may not i really don't know mate...

RACK said:
Can't thank you enough for last night mate. Learnt loads and will be putting it on action tomorrow.
glad you enjoyed yourself mate....

sorry for the lack of updates this week but with travelling and working until gone midnight every night getting on the net other than on my iPhone was hard....

as mentioned i trained with Rack at Paul and Tania's place on Wednesday, chest/shoulders and triceps was on the menu....

Chest:

Incline Smith press 3 working sets

Flat hammer style press 3 working sets

Cable x overs 2 working sets

Shoulders:

Standing DB side raise 3 working sets

Standing mill press 3 working sets

Machine press 2 working sets

Triceps:

EZ bar pressdowns 3 working sets

Skull Crushers 3 working sets

Overhead rope extensions 2 working sets

diet this week has been good and as per the plan apart from Thursday morning as i failed to get food in and thought i had some in my bag but didn't, because i was working in a server room i could not take any in so it was 12.00pm before my first meal so only managed 5 meals.....

today is my last day of working until the 4th of Jan so no more working late nights......

because i travelled back home today and spent the whole week away from home i moved my leg session to Saturday morning so i could spend some time with the family.....

#11 ·
I did not get to the gym on saturday due to the weather so had an extra rest day, weight on sunday was 203lbs so that is a drop again from 206lbs it would seem my metabolism on this off season diet is spiking nicely so the time has come to increase my cals starting today we have increased them by 400cals per day....so my daily calorie intake is approx 3500cals per day.

Today was push day so arrived at the gym to train chest, shoulders and triceps unfortunately my training partner could not join me and due to the weather the gym was shutting early so I have 50min to train and get out of there, I could not push the weight as much as I would of liked training on my own so I increased the intensity by reducing the rest between sets which worked a treat seeing as the gym was shutting early.

this week is week 3 in the cycle so 10 working sets per body part

Chest:

Flat press 3 working sets

Incline BB press 3 working sets

Incline hammer press 2 working sets

Flat flyes 2 working sets

Shoulder:

Olympic bar press (I do these in the power rack and have the bar at shoulder level then press each rep from static which makes it harder but has given good results) 3 working sets

DB side raise 3 working sets

Machine seated press 2 working sets

Cable side raise ( behind back) 2 working sets

Triceps

Rope press downs 3 working sets

Overhead rope extensions 3 working sets

Machine dips 3 working sets

Great session by the end totally shattered although i did not lift light by no stretch, there was no PB's but as I have said before there is more than one way to increase intensity without lifting the earth....

Back home to take my peps...

150mcg g-csf

2nd MGF

200mcg of GHRP-2 & Mod GRF before bed......

#12 ·
had a good and bad session tonight.....

i trained Back, Biceps, Rear delts and Traps...

Back:

Chins 3 working sets

Partial Deads 3 working sets (PB 160kg for 8)

Machine pulldowns 2 working sets

Rope straight arm pullovers 2 working sets

Rear Delts:

Cable reverse pulls 3 working sets

Face Pulls 3 working sets

Seated DB raise 2 working sets

Traps:

Heavy Shrugs 4 sets (i have not been training traps in the last 6months due to a tight trap muscle this has now eased so am training them again but taking it steady)

Biceps:

One Arm Cable Curl 3 working sets

EZ bar curl 3 working sets

Seated preacher curl 2 working sets

Hammer curl 2 working sets....

so very please with my strength especially in the 3rd week of the blast although i have injured my back, although i felt strong on the deads i knew after my last rep i had injured my lower back, i am not hardly able to walk i am hoping this is just muscle tension because if it is not then i am in serious trouble going by past mishaps.....

the pump i am getting and the strength will have something to do with the increased calories i am eating this week seeing as the diet has been changed, this has also helped with any craving i was getting......

diet:

Meal 1 - Smoothie(frozen banana, Whey, Plain yogurt, frozen berries, coconut oil) wholemeal bread.

Meal 2 - Venison Burger, Basmati rice, coconut oil

Meal 3 - Oats, PB, Whey

Meal 4 - PWO meal

Meal 5 - Chicken, Rice, Coconut oil

Meal 6 - Venison, Veg, coconut oil, olives

i am hoping that tomorrow morning when i wake up to do cardio i can actually get out of bed :)

#13 ·
Yo Paul - good to catch up the other day and cheers for the advice - will do as you suggested. Will let you know how things are going with the latest plan - and if I dont get round to texting before crimbo - hope you all have a lovely one and you enjoy your well deserved rest x

#14 ·
Jem said:
Yo Paul - good to catch up the other day and cheers for the advice - will do as you suggested. Will let you know how things are going with the latest plan - and if I dont get round to texting before crimbo - hope you all have a lovely one and you enjoy your well deserved rest x
No problem Emma always happy to help....I will enjoy the rest thanks sweetheart you make sure you do to and enjoy the mince pies....lol

#15 ·
Christmas is over so is the over indulgence of chocolate biscuits......my weight did jump up over the weekend but back on my normal off season diet now so I expect it will normalise over the next few days just in time for me to indulge more over the new years weekend :)

My normal gym is shut this week guess that is the price you pay for training in a university gym but then it is the best in Plymouth so swings and roundabouts......

I trained with a friend at his place last night, it was good to train with Gav and his training partner.....

We trained chest, shoulders and triceps.....this is not how they normally train so I think it shocked them a little....

Chest:

Incline smith press 2 working sets

Flat machine press 2 working sets

Cable x overs 2 working sets

Shoulders:

Standing dead stop mill press 2 working sets

Standing DB side raise 2 working sets

Machine shoulder press 2 working sets

Triceps:

Reverse grip bench 2 working sets

Rope press downs 2 working sets

Straight bar press downs 2 working sets

It was a good session did not manage to lift as heavy as I would of liked but I feel that was more down to the huge pumps I got after the few days of eating chocolate biscuits lol

As I said back to the diet this week....yesterdays was.....

Meal 1 - frozen fruit, natural yogurt, whey and oats smoothie

Meal 2 - chicken, basmati rice, coconut oil

Meal 3 - chicken, basmati rice, coconut oil

Meal 4 - PWO meal, shake

Meal 5 - new spuds, fillet steak

Meal 6 - eggs, venison burger

I am going to be travelling a lot in the new year so hopefully the progression I want to achieve will not be halted by the amount of travelling I will be doing.....

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
No mate although it does aid in digestion to a degree, it is for good fats buddy, although it contains 70% saturated fat these are mostly made up of MCT fats which hold a whole load of benefits for bodybuilders and because you can literally eat it off the spoon it is ideal for me when travelling.

Good place to read up on it mate....

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

#22 ·
i guess it will aid prep as well when the fats are useful for keeping 'things' moving :D

Will you be keeping it in there for prep?

Sadly i have a date with a surgeon (will be the 4th in the space of 7 months) to have a lump removed from the hernia surgery, i have a acorn sized lump to the left of my abs (not a hernia but scar tissue) so i will see what recovery that requires. He says its only a quick incision and cut out but i dont trust the black and decker crew regardless of it being BUPA lol.

Looking at a summer show, see where i am in feb

#25 ·
Incredible Bulk said:
i guess it will aid prep as well when the fats are useful for keeping 'things' moving :D

Will you be keeping it in there for prep?

Sadly i have a date with a surgeon (will be the 4th in the space of 7 months) to have a lump removed from the hernia surgery, i have a acorn sized lump to the left of my abs (not a hernia but scar tissue) so i will see what recovery that requires. He says its only a quick incision and cut out but i dont trust the black and decker crew regardless of it being BUPA lol.

Looking at a summer show, see where i am in feb
Yes mate defiantly will be in my prep in 2012 as the MCT fats are carried straight to the liver for energy rather than round the body like normal long chain triglyceride fats which have more chance at being stored as fat.......

I had a hernia op in my belly button in 2008 I was out the gym for a month but once back all was good, I cannot see you being out for long seeing as it is only scar tissue.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.