Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cutting diet plan + pics

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just starting to get my diet sorted properly. This is what Ive been following for the last 2 weeks.

8:30 - Protein shake with oats

12:00ish - Tuna and light mayo on 2 pieces wholemeal bread

3pm - 4 egg white omelette with ham, 2 pieces of wholemeal toast

5pm - Protein shake

6:15 - Gym

7:30 - Post Workout Shake - Protein, Creatine

8:00 - Grilled chicken breast/tuna, tinned tomatoes, brown rice/pasta

10:00 - tin of tuna or cottage cheese (depends what ive got in)

I am 22 years old, 182lbs (13 stone), 5ft8. Trying to loose a little fat, but also want to put some lean muscle on. I know this isn't really possible? Anyway some pics attached, as I do not know by bodyfat % to tell you.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Latest Update - 16 Feb 2011

November 2010

post-37755-143614238835_thumb.jpg

January 2011

post-37755-143614238825_thumb.jpg

February 2011

post-37755-143614238841_thumb.jpg

Edited by craig24

Posted

diet looks clean

get some fish and broccoli in there and perhaps drob the pasta/rice in your 8.00 meal

Posted

what creatine are you taking? id go for Creatine Ethyl Ether as you take it just before and after a workout and no loading/water retention as you can get with mono

water retention from the creatine could have a psychological effect on you when your losing weight, like your not losing weight when you are, if you get me? iv been there like...

All looks good! You should lose a lot of fat and water pretty fast! best of luck

Posted

I'm no dietician , but good luck with your goals Craig :thumbup1:

Posted (edited)

diet looks clean

get some fish and broccoli in there and perhaps drob the pasta/rice in your 8.00 meal

Even though its my post workout meal?

what creatine are you taking? id go for Creatine Ethyl Ether as you take it just before and after a workout and no loading/water retention as you can get with mono

water retention from the creatine could have a psychological effect on you when your losing weight, like your not losing weight when you are, if you get me? iv been there like...

All looks good! You should lose a lot of fat and water pretty fast! best of luck

Im using MyProteins Creapump before, and just plain mono in my post workout shake.

I get you though, I suppose there is also that, but if I come of the creatine in around 5 weeks, I might drop some more weight then :)

I'm no dietician , but good luck with your goals Craig :thumbup1:

Cheers!

Ive been following this for 2 weeks now and not noticed any visible fat loss yet, but hopefully it will come soon. I think its around 1500 cals.

Edited by craig24

Posted

Yeah deffo

theres studies that show that creatine actually increases metabolism by like 7% or something so you'll actually burn more fat... just the water that can stress you out, it did me!

Make sure you're getting loads of omega 3 oils and vitamin C

you might wanna read my blog post here - top one :)

http://howjozatrains.blogspot.com/

Posted

Trying to loose a little fat, but also want to put some lean muscle on. I know this isn't really possible?

Of course it's possible, esp at the beginning. I went from bout 20% bf to around 15% and maintained the same body weight, fluctuating by only a couple of kilos, throughout the whole process.

Posted

Even though its my post workout meal?

nope your right sorry mate, pwo meal should be pro and carb/0% fat

Posted

Cheers, I didnt know it needed to be 0% fat.

I will keep you updated how it goes, might start a journal.

Posted

fats will slow the absorption of the protein down. in your post work meal i have pro and carb then pro/carb/fat thereafter.

i workout in the morning however

Posted

I think you would look very good when lean. Stick with it and it will happen.

Posted

whats your workout plan Craig? What cardio you gonna be doing?

Posted

I think you would look very good when lean. Stick with it and it will happen.

Cheers mate, im sticking at it so far

whats your workout plan Craig? What cardio you gonna be doing?

My workout plan is a legs, push, pull, 5x5 compound lifts

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/getting-started/28936-basic-compound-routine-beginners.html

My cardio is, 20mins low intensity after my weights, and 30 mins low intensity on tuesday and thursdays.

I am thinking about throwing in some fasted cardio in the morning, but so far havent!

Posted

fasted cardio seems to be the magic that does the work

Posted

Thick black coffee + fasted cardio in the morning has worked well for me. Muscles are slightly more defined, lost a little luv handle. It took me about 4 weeks of 1 hour/4 mile walking 3 times a week to notice any difference. If you're comparing it with before, during and after pics you'll notice a difference quicker tho.

Posted

dude anything is possible in this game. its just how much ya put in. train til ya best mates with pain! good luk kid.

Posted

Looks like there's a lotta carbs in there mate

Posted

Hello mate how's the progress coming along???

Conscript likes this

Posted

What is fasted cardio and could someone help with my thread, about cutting body fat from 15-12% bf??

Posted

biceps_01 how do you know your at 15% and why specifically do you want to get to 12% ? just wondered

Sam

Posted

I know this might sound a bit mad, but what has worked for me in the past is:

On waking drink some water, throw on some jogging bottoms and a t-shirt, make some proper coffee and put some music on moderatley loud. Then dance around the livin room for 30mins. I suggested it firstly to a girl at work who asked for some advice, then had a go myself. It beats going out when the weathers crappy and works just as well as fast paced walking outside.

Get your groove on baby.

Posted

What is fasted cardio and could someone help with my thread, about cutting body fat from 15-12% bf??

Fasted cardio, is cardio done upon waking when the glycogen stores are empty after 8 hours of sleep. Means that bodyfat is being used for energy rather than food.

Posted

No bread. No dairy. No carbs after 5pm worked really well for me combined with fasted cardio 5 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

Posted (edited)

As already said get rid of the bread and the pasta and I would also get rid of the cottage cheese as your looking to cut

Edit: and the tinned tomatoes as they are full of sugar

Edited by Paulieb