Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bubbles??? Who owns them????

85 posts in this topic

Posted

This is prob a complete waste of bandwidth :lol::lol:

But, other day I was blowing bubbles with my daughter, we were both using one of those bubble mixture things each!!!

Anyway, of course my bubbles were far superior to hers (obviously lol)

But I digress..

As she blew her bubbles out, and they were floating down towards floor to instant destruction....

On way down, I caught a few of her bubbles with my "bubble stick blower"

I also smashed a few of her bubbles, to which I recieved the indignant chastisation "DADDY, DO NOT TOUCH MY BUBBLES:cursing::cursing:"

This got me thinking????

Whos bubbles are they???

I mean she was blowing them in my house, does she own them from creation all way thro to imminent destrruction when hit floor??

Or once in air do they belong to anyone???

Reason I ask, Is because if they are hers and im smashing them, then that is criminal damage is it not???

Also you could argure they are going to pop anyway?? But that is like saying a terminal illness victim with a week to go, killing them is stil murder even tho you know they are going to die anyway??

SO can I legitimately smash and catch those bubbles or are they still her property until they burst??

Ps

I know I need to get out more lol

Nytol and Tinytom like this

Posted

question is...who bought the said bubbles...?

Posted

question is...who bought the said bubbles...?

I bought them

But gave them her as a gift?????

Posted

There your bubbles mate, smash them in.

Posted

She technically owns them, therefor you'd need authorisation to pop them.

Sounds like your beaking the law mate

Posted

Joint ownership id say mate, tricky one if you want to go dragging it through the courts and all :)

Posted

I bought them

then you gave the bubbles and all rights to them away im afraid....:lol:

Posted

There your bubbles mate, smash them in.

Also there is intent

If I smash them on purpose, if they are hers thats "intent" and more serious than if I "accidently" smashed them and said sorry???

She technically owns them, therefor you'd need authorisation to pop them.

Sounds like your beaking the law mate

Thats what i thought, altho are bubbles not like air?? she breathes it out but does not own it

Posted

Joint ownership id say mate, tricky one if you want to go dragging it through the courts and all :)

How can she prove they were her ones??

then you gave the bubbles and all rights to them away im afraid....:lol:

SO she owns bubbles while in air??

SO if her bubble pops on my sofa and creates a ring, her bubbble has caused criminal damage and i can get gher arrested??

But then I suppose there is "intent" Did she blow in direction of sofa on purpose??

Posted

So there is a soft side to jw007 :lol:

I bought them

There her bubbles, you gave them to her

When you give somthing to someone then its no longer yours, its theres

Posted

Well, you bought the raw materials and GAVE them to her, she then created the bubbles from the raw materials so they are hers.

That's like GIVING away some bricks to your mate that's a builder, him building a house out of them and then you claiming it as yours. :lol:

Posted

in future, sell them to her, and have a contract drawn up.

my staffie loves eating bubbles

Posted

How can she prove they were her ones??

Like i said mate, its a tricky one, depends how far your willing to pursue the matter.

Posted

Air can still be owned like the airspace around an airport although I'm unsure wether someone could actually take ownership of the air itself ??

The bubbles were bought by you, you then own them, you gave them as a gift so your daughter who now owns them.

The way I see it, you better hope she doesn't see the 'Claims4free' advert on TV mate

Posted

Like i said mate, its a tricky one, depends how far your willing to pursue the matter.

I want to be able to legitimately smash and catch her bubbles (if they are hers) without breaking law???

Posted

Air can still be owned like the airspace around an airport although I'm unsure wether someone could actually take ownership of the air itself ??

The bubbles were bought by you, you then own them, you gave them as a gift so your daughter who now owns them.

The way I see it, you better hope she doesn't see the 'Claims4free' advert on TV mate

So the marks and rings she has left on my furniture and on my floor from bubble mixture, I could take her to small claims court over??

Posted

So the marks and rings she has left on my furniture and on my floor from bubble mixture, I could take her to small claims court over??

this case has got JUDGE JUDY written all over it....:lol::lol::lol:

Posted

Well, you bought the raw materials and GAVE them to her, she then created the bubbles from the raw materials so they are hers.

That's like GIVING away some bricks to your mate that's a builder, him building a house out of them and then you claiming it as yours. :lol:

But blowing bubbles in MY hOUSE is like building a hosue on my property, so I can demolish at wil as she does not have consent to build anything??

Posted

Are there some deep lying undertones in this thread about who actually owns the squirtergate video now?

Posted

Get your lawyer to draw up a document that clearly states that once the bubbles have left the oujemaflip they are fair game and can be popped / smashed / grabbed with out there being any negligence on your part

Posted

Are there some deep lying undertones in this thread about who actually owns the squirtergate video now?

:w00t:.....u beeeatch.....:lol:

Posted

But blowing bubbles in MY hOUSE is like building a hosue on my property, so I can demolish at wil as she does not have consent to build anything??

I'm gonna come round to yours and fart. That way as soon as i drop my guts i can blame you as it's in your house so you must own it. :laugh:

Posted

what happens if she say's "daddy blow me one of your super alpha bubbles"

so you use HER mixture, and blow.... and off in the air it goes....

so, the bubbles her's, but the oxygen in it is yours.....

then you say " i'd like my oxygen back now"

but the bubble is still whole..........

:D

Posted

I thought Michael Jackson owned Bubbles and as to blowing, that's a different thing entirely....