Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Hello one and all... At the risk of sounding like a blatant cheat I was wondering if someone could tell me what drugs you are tested for in the drug free feds... Is it just steroids... Or can they test you for GH and other peptides at the same time??? Also when and how does testing take place??? Thanx in advance for replies

  2. #2
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South west Scotland
    Posts
    234
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Join a drug free fed, from what i hear testers can turn up at your gym/house and demand a urine sample..

  3. #3
    I Am Banksy
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,158
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    GH is hard to test for. it only shows up for 24 hours after its been taken.

    i know with the BOA (british olympic association) they can turn up at your gym, work, house at any hour and you have to provide a sample, otherwise its a fail.

  4. #4
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    I'm only looking to enter small local meets surly it would be overkill to test all competitors???

  5. #5
    Getting HUGE!
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,152
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982chris1982 View Post
    I'm only looking to enter small local meets surly it would be overkill to test all competitors???
    FFS if you are not natural why are you planning on competing against naturals? This makes me mad. Go and compete on a level playing field. Competing on peptides and HGH in a natty fed IS being a blatant cheat.
    Last edited by NovemberDelta; 03-08-2011 at 11:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Yes I can certainly see your point niall01 and honestly carnt argue against it... But if you believe that everyone that enters a drug tested powerlifting/bodybuilding comp is going to be 100% drug free year round then I'm afraid your being a little naïve. Rightly or wrongly there's always going to be competitors that are going to seek that extra edge...is this person a cheat?..yes he is!...but the bottom line is he will probably escape detection and go on to win the comp!!! Is this unfair? Yes it is..but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!!!!

    I can see your point though and it is certainly valid... I just have to make my mind up whether I can truly justify it in my own mind or whether I should just do the good honest thing and enter the correct fed... Thanx fr the food fr thought

  7. #7
    Getting HUGE!
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,152
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982chris1982 View Post
    Yes I can certainly see your point niall01 and honestly carnt argue against it... But if you believe that everyone that enters a drug tested powerlifting/bodybuilding comp is going to be 100% drug free year round then I'm afraid your being a little naïve. Rightly or wrongly there's always going to be competitors that are going to seek that extra edge...is this person a cheat?..yes he is!...but the bottom line is he will probably escape detection and go on to win the comp!!! Is this unfair? Yes it is..but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!!!!

    I can see your point though and it is certainly valid... I just have to make my mind up whether I can truly justify it in my own mind or whether I should just do the good honest thing and enter the correct fed... Thanx fr the food fr thought
    I don't believe that for one minute. Of course people cheat.

    "Seeking an edge" by taking drugs in a tested fed is wrong, there can be no debate about it. What gets me is it isn't like you can't compete in your sport AND take drugs, just do it fairly.

    But let me ask you this - would you feel satisfied beating a bunch of natural trainers if you were not natural? Do you really feel that would be an achievement? There are plenty of untested feds out there where you can compete against people with all the advantages you have.

  8. #8
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    That is a good question niall and you are right, at the end of the day even I can see that its pointless winning if I have the niggling little voice in my head saying.. U only won because you cheated...there is defiantly food for thought there m8..thanx!!! I supose ill just have to work on my lifts a little bit more to be able to compete in the untested feds

  9. #9
    Bench 130 kg. Squat 200 kg. Deadlift 240 kg
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,242
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    i think id compete well was on cycle in tested cos if you can get away with it chances are most of the people there are doing same

  10. #10
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdale View Post
    i think id compete well was on cycle in tested cos if you can get away with it chances are most of the people there are doing same
    That was my initial out look m8...but upon having my ear bent a little I can see tht it is morally wrong despite getting away with it... I personally just wanted to compete asap and made the presumption that the totals in a tested fed are going to be substantially lower thn tht of an untested fed... I suppose what it essentially comes down to is if somthing is really worth doing in life thn its worth doing correctly!!! I've got a good 15-20 years of lifting left in me so plenty of room for improvement

  11. #11
    'Train as heavy as possible, as often as possible, as fresh as possible'
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aldershot, Hampshire
    Posts
    3,680
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    I actually think there are enough untested fed/comps around for pretty much everyone who using to go for as there are les tested feds/comps for the people who dont use. I for one am entering my first comp drug-free at the end of the month and I've not used anything so why should you think everyone else is using...

  12. #12
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy21 View Post
    I actually think there are enough untested fed/comps around for pretty much everyone who using to go for as there are les tested feds/comps for the people who dont use. I for one am entering my first comp drug-free at the end of the month and I've not used anything so why should you think everyone else is using...
    I never meant it to come across that every participant is secretly hammering the gear m8 and I apologise if that is the way that it came across to you... What I infact meant was a lot of powerlifters/bodybuilders especially those at the higher more competitive level will claim to be natural when infact they are using everything in the muscle enhancing/diet meds ****nal possible to get them into peak condition for the comp ahead of them the only difference being they are spot on with timing the esters to be cleared b4 the big day...you might not of been using anything to help u along but dnt fr 1 minute think that will be the case fr every competitor there that day and therefore u MAY be at a disadvantage from the word go!!!! Like I've said though the higher the level of competition the higher the chance of substance use...!!!!

  13. #13
    Mr Olympia
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    29,660
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    my first thought was that if your on the gear go into an untested fed simple .

    however if you honestly think being on gear and beating natty guys is a worthy achievement and one to be proud of then i hope you can live with yourself .

    yes some guys might be taking the edge like you are willing to but its not something to be proud of , entering a comp and winning as a natty then finding out 50% of the guys were taking gear would be a great achievement one you could be proud of .

    or you could tak all the gear you want and go into an untested fed and smashing up the other guys that also take it .

    all i know is that if you won a trophy by cheating that trophy will shake its head and boo you every time you go near it .

  14. #14
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    I completely agree with you uhan fairs fair at the end of the day... like I've said above I'm just going to work on my lifts and hopefully one day win something that I can be proud off and win if fair n square...on reflection I feel some what ashamed of my opening post now :( but u live n learn aye m8!!! I've just got this little day dream in me head of wining and me missus n kids are all sat proud clapping as I'm rewarded the trophy...I'm willing to put in the effort for that one moment so hopefully one day it will pay of

  15. #15
    Mr Olympia
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    29,660
    Liked
    times

    Re: drug testing in powerlifting feds

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982chris1982 View Post
    I completely agree with you uhan fairs fair at the end of the day... like I've said above I'm just going to work on my lifts and hopefully one day win something that I can be proud off and win if fair n square...on reflection I feel some what ashamed of my opening post now :( but u live n learn aye m8!!! I've just got this little day dream in me head of wining and me missus n kids are all sat proud clapping as I'm rewarded the trophy...I'm willing to put in the effort for that one moment so hopefully one day it will pay of
    post up your lifts so far and your routine also diet if you can , you might aswell get it down now so tomorrow you can sweat .

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tested/Untested Powerlifting Feds
    By kingy_88 in forum Strength and Power
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
  2. Drug testing?
    By liamrobjolley in forum Steroid and Testosterone information
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-11-2008, 02:19 PM
  3. drug testing
    By mattman in forum Steroid and Testosterone information
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-09-2008, 10:59 PM
  4. drug testing
    By rob_harris in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-10-2007, 07:09 PM
  5. Drug Testing
    By Paul929 in forum Steroid and Testosterone information
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.3.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All information contained within this site is for educational purposes only.
We do not endorse the Buying or selling of illegal substances nor do we promote the use of them.

UK-Muscle.co.uk takes no responsibility for any advertisers, thier content or products sold. All products sold by ANY advertisers are seen to be 'Research Items' only and not intended for Human Use.
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 AM.