Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98
  1. #46
    SELUME PROFERRE
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,055
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by ba baracuss View Post
    I have always understood that you couldn't get chipped skyboxes, unlike cable where you can get eurovoxes etc.

    Fair play to you Nidge, I can't stand sky (sorry Khaos). The way they kiss @rse of new customers with nice offers, and won't give anything to their existing customers winds me right up. Fair play to anyone sticking it to them
    Don't apologise, i worked for Sky(****s) and i've worked for NTL(assholes) and BT(d!ckheads) they are all big corporations who want to pull their customers pants off and bend them over

  2. #47
    Little Lion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    12,876
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    How come some people are saying you cant get this or do that.... and other people are saying they have got it and are using it....?

    I always thought that with sky it was a cloned engineers card that you got?

    I've had sky+ free for a year but is running out. Person who lived in this house before me got it free as her mate started working for them and was able to give away a certain amount etc to friends and family, and she left it here for me to use. Now that its running out I think I should approach them as a new customer as if I agree to take it over I wont get any of the offers etc I presume?

  3. #48
    Yagba Dabba Doo
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    1,215
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    I'm in dispute with Sky at the minute as they're trying to charge me for my satellite dish.

    I'm sure they told me it would be on the house.

  4. #49
    Bigger, Better, Stronger
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    3,367
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    You don't have a "chipped" Sky box mate. You will also soon enough learn that all that 'free' pay per view credit you think you have you actually don't.
    Sooner or later this will bite you (or your wife if it's in her name).

  5. #50
    Getting bored sh1tless....
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,077
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    I'm in dispute with Sky at the minute as they're trying to charge me for my satellite dish.

    I'm sure they told me it would be on the house.
    pmsl...

  6. #51
    wish I was black
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,612
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zara-Leoni View Post
    Now that its running out I think I should approach them as a new customer as if I agree to take it over I wont get any of the offers etc I presume?
    If you are going to do that Zara give me a shout, I know someone who can sometimes get employees friends and family discounts. Basically get the full package - sport, movies etc plus free box half price for a year. Can do it with Sky HD too

  7. #52
    you talking to me
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    750
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zara-Leoni View Post
    How come some people are saying you cant get this or do that.... and other people are saying they have got it and are using it....?

    I always thought that with sky it was a cloned engineers card that you got?

    I've had sky+ free for a year but is running out. Person who lived in this house before me got it free as her mate started working for them and was able to give away a certain amount etc to friends and family, and she left it here for me to use. Now that its running out I think I should approach them as a new customer as if I agree to take it over I wont get any of the offers etc I presume?
    The sky encryption cant be cracked, The card codes change every few hours so even if it did get cracked it would be useless a few hours later.

    I have heard of people cutting cards in half and putting them in the slot so it looks like the box is working without the card. Of course they sell these for £100s and then disappear.

    I have sky free on my spare box but that is only because sky have left the card on and stopped charging me.
    Im sure i could get a few £ for it but when they change the cards again, the box will be dead

    Only way of getting cheap (virtually free) sky is to get one of their employee offers

  8. #53
    Bigger, Better, Stronger
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    3,367
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by walks View Post
    The sky encryption cant be cracked, The card codes change every few hours so even if it did get cracked it would be useless a few hours later.

    I have heard of people cutting cards in half and putting them in the slot so it looks like the box is working without the card. Of course they sell these for £100s and then disappear.

    I have sky free on my spare box but that is only because sky have left the card on and stopped charging me.
    Im sure i could get a few £ for it but when they change the cards again, the box will be dead

    Only way of getting cheap (virtually free) sky is to get one of their employee offers
    Just about spot on!

  9. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Looking at you.
    Posts
    9,313
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by walks View Post
    The sky encryption cant be cracked, The card codes change every few hours so even if it did get cracked it would be useless a few hours later.

    I have heard of people cutting cards in half and putting them in the slot so it looks like the box is working without the card. Of course they sell these for £100s and then disappear.

    I have sky free on my spare box but that is only because sky have left the card on and stopped charging me.
    Im sure i could get a few £ for it but when they change the cards again, the box will be dead

    Only way of getting cheap (virtually free) sky is to get one of their employee offers

    Ermm it can be cracked and has been cracked and will continue to be cracked while ever there are loopholes. For every Tech person SKY employ to stop the chipping / cloning of cards there's hundreds more out there who know how to crack it within 24 hours.

    It's easy mate you've just got to know what your doing that's all.

  10. #55
    Bigger, Better, Stronger
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    3,367
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Also just to clear another point up. Sky sell thier channels wholesale to virgin. We don't pay them to broadcast on thier platform. So if virgin has security issues it impacts them not us. Either way we get our payment from virgin!

    Also worth considering is the end result of fraudulently obtaining tv. If no one paid, where do you think the premiership would get it's cash? And be inder no illusion here, without Sky cash the premier would NOT be half of what it is today.

    No-one even came half as close to the new deal Sky offered the premiership last year (or any other year for that matter). LOL if the BBC had thier way they would still be offering 2-3 million a year, not the 700 million sky gives.

  11. #56
    Bigger, Better, Stronger
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    3,367
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Midge is your "chipped" box connected to a phoneline?

  12. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Looking at you.
    Posts
    9,313
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delhi View Post
    Midge is your "chipped" box connected to a phoneline?
    No mate.

  13. #58
    Gym Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    237
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Ntl/virgin boxes have been chipped for many years, but in december they brought out nagra 3 in leeds and harrogate (sent out new cards), thereby effectivley killing off all dodgey cards and non virgin cable boxes (d box2, eurovox, starview etc). nagra 3 is slowly rolling out nationwide and ppl with dodgey boxes/cards will be fooked.


    now, sky is mega mega cash rich, they will never let their NDS (videoguard) encryption be hacked. i have no knowledge on an official sky box being hacked, BUT Card Sharing (C/S) has been going on for many years, using non sky boxes connected to internet, you can watch all channels.

  14. #59
    Newbie Trainer
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    well said orange 86 sky is unhackable and nagra 3 has been out a long time abroad and not been hacked yet... all this talk of hacking sky is bollox....virgin yes but not for long.

  15. #60
    #jacksarmy
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,796
    Liked
    times

    Re: Anyone got a chipped sky box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delhi View Post
    Also just to clear another point up. Sky sell thier channels wholesale to virgin. We don't pay them to broadcast on thier platform. So if virgin has security issues it impacts them not us. Either way we get our payment from virgin!

    Also worth considering is the end result of fraudulently obtaining tv. If no one paid, where do you think the premiership would get it's cash? And be inder no illusion here, without Sky cash the premier would NOT be half of what it is today.

    No-one even came half as close to the new deal Sky offered the premiership last year (or any other year for that matter). LOL if the BBC had thier way they would still be offering 2-3 million a year, not the 700 million sky gives.
    Ah, generous old sky hey? Maybe if they didn't blow so much money on buying Premiership rights they could give their customers a better deal.

    Maybe they could even look after long time customers instead of laying their tongues out like a red carpet for new customers and sticking two fingers up at mugs who have been with them for years.

    Horrible company IMO.

 

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chipped sky cards?????
    By Chris4Pez in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
  2. sky box office...
    By ste2103 in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-09-2009, 12:26 AM
  3. Frikkin Sky box
    By jonti1leg in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.2.11 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All information contained within this site is for educational purposes only.
We do not endorse the Buying or selling of illegal substances nor do we promote the use of them.

UK-Muscle.co.uk takes no responsibility for any advertisers, thier content or products sold. All products sold by ANY advertisers are seen to be 'Research Items' only and not intended for Human Use.
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 AM.